BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

6 minutes ago, MD4L said:

Unless Hutchinson is Donald, you’re better off adding a Wirfs lite talent who is on field with the QB.

I think regardless of what they do at #1, they have to nail the other selections. Perhaps BPA WR at 33.

I agree. If I were making the pick for Jax, I'd be taking Evan Neal. If you believe that Hutch is the real deal, I get your logic. But I also agree, at pick 33, they need to draft a guy like London, Bell, Dotson, a playmaker for their WR Corps

2 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I agree. If I were making the pick for Jax, I'd be taking Evan Neal. If you believe that Hutch is the real deal, I get your logic. But I also agree, at pick 33, they need to draft a guy like London, Bell, Dotson, a playmaker for their WR Corps

Neal or Cross are solid choices. I think the Bengals blueprint (spend big money on defensive FAs, take offensive talent early in the draft) is worthwhile to copy. Already got Shaq Griffin last off-season. Get some help in the front 7 via FA this year. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MD4L said:

Neal or Cross are solid choices. I think the Bengals blueprint (spend big money on defensive FAs, take offensive talent early in the draft) is worthwhile to copy. Already got Shaq Griffin last off-season. Get some help in the front 7 via FA this year. 

Agreed. Cross might end up going before Neal. I think the combine and pro days will be a big indicator on that.

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

Agreed. Cross might end up going before Neal. I think the combine and pro days will be a big indicator on that.

Neal could be Ogden or Orlando Pace. Impeccable upside.

But Cross has a very high floor. He should be an immediate contributor ala Wirfs.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MD4L said:

Neal could be Ogden or Orlando Pace. Impeccable upside.

But Cross has a very high floor. He should be an immediate contributor ala Wirfs.

Ekwonu will be just as good imo as either.  I think any of those 3 will be a good choice.

Cross has the least positional flexibility as I view him as purely a LT.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, MD4L said:

Considering the best move for Jacksonville is adding talent that will be on the field with Trevor Lawrence, it seems like a safe bet Aiden Hutchinson will be pick 1.1.

So not even a guy who helps Trevor, but a guy who's not even the best player at his own position

27 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I think you are better off taking the best player 

yet more evidence that anyone running a BDL team is more capable of running an NFL team than Trent Baalke

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Blue said:

So not even a guy who helps Trevor, but a guy who's not even the best player at his own position

yet more evidence that anyone running a BDL team is more capable of running an NFL team than Trent Baalke

That's probably the most rightest thing you've ever said.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Ekwonu will be just as good imo as either.  I think any of those 3 will be a good choice.

Cross has the least positional flexibility as I view him as purely a LT.

I didn't know anything about Ekwonu when Scoundrel mocked him to me months and months ago, but even then I pointed out that even in his "highlights" he's got major whiffs in protection that looked awful. He's gotta reign that in.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

My biggest concern if I'm Jax about an Edge is that they're atrocious at drafting edge rushers.

The smartest thing for that team to do is draft an OL to protect their QB

They drafted Ngakoue and Josh Allen.