BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

1 hour ago, rackcs said:

I said the other day he'd be a deep threat but even I wasn't expecting that fast

Count Me In GIF by James Bond 007

These make a lot more sense. The conspiracy part of my brain says the NFL "messed up" the times on purpose. All those 4.2x times certainly get attention.

I don't disagree.  Doesn't make sense that all the TE times remained unchanged but not the WR times

2 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Someone at NFLN sucks at timing things……..

Marc Ross is doing the hand times for NFL Network starting this year, taking over from Charlie Casserley. Probably why the numbers were off.

10 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Drake London at 6'3 219 with the on tape inability to separate as opposed to 6'5 really just made me go from "I'm nervous" to "I'm skeptical".

London was closer to 6-4, no? But yes, refusing to run is a bit of a red flag in and of itself.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Blue said:

Marc Ross is doing the hand times for NFL Network starting this year, taking over from Charlie Casserley. Probably why the numbers were off.

London was closer to 6-4, no? But yes, refusing to run is a bit of a red flag in and of itself.

He just started running last week since his injury. The other guys have been training for at least two months. I don’t blame him. 

London was closer to 6-4, no?

I was just going off of this:

But yes, refusing to run is a bit of a red flag in and of itself.

It's absolutely an indictment, and tbh, I'm not sure if it's a good or bad business move on his end. Guys like Pierce and Watson have blown up yesterday with similar measurables, not to mention even Burks with his thick frame, and the "smaller or leaner" guys like Wilson and Olave tested out very nicely as well. 

I mean, Garrett Wilson is like 5-6 inches smaller with bigger hands, almost as long of arms/wingspan, and infinitely more fluidity to his game.

11 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

I don't disagree.  Doesn't make sense that all the TE times remained unchanged but not the WR times

Some did. Depends who’s agent paid them to keep the times. Alec Pierce stayed at 4.33. Dulcich went from 4.61 to 4.70 while Chigs stayed at 4.52.

11 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

Love the double team hate on London by Cancun. 

Skeptical =/= Hate

PERHAPS he was hampered by injuries and that's why he's struggled getting consistent separation. That said, in terms of physical measurables, Burks dominated against elite competition, Pierce and Watson hit those height/weight/speed thresholds (WATSON MADE A LOT OF MONEY YESTERDAY) people had questions about, and the smaller/leaner guys like Wilson and Olave put those questions to rest as well. 

Even Dotson looked legit and tested well yesterday.

Perhaps London is going to be legit, but he's not in my Top 5, and I haven't even mentioned hurt guys unable to participate like Williams, Pickens, and Metchie.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Blue said:

London is recovering from an ankle cleanup surgery.  Him not running is not a surprise