BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

Just now, Scoundrel said:

No but seriously 

You can't have everyone. My kids birthdays are yesterday and St Pattys day so we hold a joint bday party in between and I got them a series of books called "Ninja Life Hacks" where each series teaches them 8 things like 'joy, anger, fear, inclusiveness... etc" and I think you need one that teaches "staticness".

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jlash said:

You can't have everyone. My kids birthdays are yesterday and St Pattys day so we hold a joint bday party in between and I got them a series of books called "Ninja Life Hacks" where each series teaches them 8 things like 'joy, anger, fear, inclusiveness... etc" and I think you need one that teaches "staticness".

You’re telling me I need children’s books!? I’m going pinch off your ear lobes!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Happy birthday to your kiddo.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Scoundrel said:

Nick Cross a 4.34 official.

So y’all really going to tell me the greatest positional athletes of all time are all in this draft class?

3 hours ago, wwhickok said:

Yeah I'm having a hard time believing so many guys are running 4.2 and 4.3 40's. Their stop watches must not be getting turned on in time or something... like.. half these dudes don't even look that fast. 

On 2/19/2022 at 3:59 PM, MD4L said:

I think Cross is going blow the combine out the water.

Cross is one of the first athlete I recall being really into CrossFit even at the high school level. Waddle was another guy I know into those advanced workouts and he likely would’ve done the same if he tested last off-season.

I’m more so impressed then surprised. The athleticism doesn’t guarantee they’ll be great football players but for those small school guys to get here usually means they possess impressive athletic ability.

2 hours ago, Scoundrel said:

That Sam Houston State Corner

4.33 40, 3.94 SS, 6.48 3 cone at 6’2 199 

Yeah I’m not buying all these numbers friends

It’s going to be very interesting how high a guy like this goes. I doubt it’s round 1, but you can’t look at those numbers and not think: wow.

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

The three UGA DL absolutely are. I’m legit intrigued if Cine goes before Hamilton IRL.

I love Lewis Cine but let’s not overreact to combine numbers. Hamilton killed the drills aspect so his numbers didn’t need to wow for him to remain a premier talent in this class.

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

He’s going to excel as a big nickel S/LB hybrid in the box and matched vs TE anywhere. Against slot receivers, I’m not sure. He’s definitely going to make someone happy in the mid to late first IRL.

220 pounds is effectively coverage LB in the NFL today. If he’s asked to cover a guy like Renfrow in man coverage he’s being misused. But you’ve got a guy who can serve as last line ala Chancellor, split out wide against Kittle or Waller, and perhaps not embarrass himself as the last line in a cover one scheme. There’s a LOT to work with and more then justifiable upside. He’s a safe top ten pick and probably facing Sauce Gardner as only threat to go before him in the DB group.

Lastly, he might even have the athletic ability to cover a Drake London type in an iso situation and hold his own.

Okay I said I wouldn’t do this but hey let’s dance I’m waiting for clothes to wash.

1.1 Cancun- Travon Walker Edge UGA

Mwil gets his way and convinces Blue this is the right move.

1.2 Anchorage- Sauce Gardner CB Cincinnati 

Pair him with my group and we could have a very special secondary.

1.3 Gotham- Evan Neal OT Bama

A beast of a tackle we didn’t get to see work out but he looked good in measurements and his athleticism shows on film.

1.4 Antarctica- Kayvon Thibodeaux Edge Oregon

Kayvon gives Ant some edge presence as they currently don’t have much of any on the roster. 

1.5 Rome- Aidan Hutchinson Edge UM

Rome gets a technically skilled Edge to add to their Phillips and Davenport duo. 

1.6 Lancaster- Ikem Ekwonu OT NC State

Will be tough for Lancaster to decide between Ickey and Burks but Ickey is very talented and fills the biggest area of need.

1.7 Anchorage- Kyle Hamilton S ND

One players fall is Anchorage’s treasure. I add to the secondary even more with a big safety I can use to cover Kelce and Waller in my division. I used Surtain to do this last year so this allows me to keep him outside. 

1.8 Cuba- Jordan Davis INT UGA

Frogs loves combine warriors and he believes Davis will give him an immovable force in the middle of his D. He passes on Jermaine here to do so. 

1.9 Anchorage- Jermaine Johnson Edge UGA/FSU

Jermaine was in my top 10 before the combine and with a 1.55 split and 34” arms he fits exactly what we want at edge as we add three top 9 picks to our defense after adding 4 top 9 picks to our offense last draft.

1.10 IC- Treylon Burks WR Arkansas 

I don’t believe the Burks slander here. IC gets a very dynamic big receiver to group up with Claypool, McLaurin, and Amon Ra. 4 wide sets will just be nasty with the variety of what this group could do.

1.11 Raleigh- Derek Stingley CB LSU

Yes they need edge help but they wait to add it. They did add Slay but Stingley if healthy is a rare talent and can give Raleigh quite a corner group.

1.12 Seoul- Kaiir Elam CB UF

Corner help and an SEC player who put up a nice 40 today. 

13. Camden- Charles Cross OT Miss State

Camden gets a very good Tackle prospect here to add to their group.

14. Camden- Daxton Hill S/NB UM

Hill is an athletic specimen and can play a variety of roles in the Camden secondary.

15. Seoul- Garrett Wilson WR OSU

Wilson gives Seoul a nice WR prospect to pair with Bateman.

16. Berlin- Trent McDuffie CB UW

The Byron Murphy replacement. McDuffie is a very solid corner prospect and has the ability to be a leader in a secondary. 

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

1.8 Cuba- Jordan Davis INT UGA

Frogs loves combine warriors and he believes Davis will give him an immovable force in the middle of his D. He passes on Jermaine here to do so. 

Not a bad choice.

• Like 1