BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

I’m going to take some time to reflect on it. I’ve threatened to quit this organization countless times and probably should have long ago. Unfortunately it’s not as simple as that. This morning my 3 daughters came out while I had the TV turned on, while the talking heads were talking Browns and Watsons picture flashed on the screen, and they excitedly asked me when the Browns were going to play again. I could not give them an answer.

I can say that I’m sure I am going to have a soft boycott and not buy any more Browns gear, nor will I wear any memorabilia to work anymore for identical reasons that a teacher friend of mine mentioned. I’ve got students who have been impacted by these things.

I can say that if Watson led Browns ever win a title, it definitely won’t give me the same satisfaction or pleasure that it otherwise would have.

TBH, this whole thing is a microcosm of why I don’t value athletes or celebrities at all and only care about whether or not they entertain me. Charles Barkley was spot on with his “I am not a role model” commercial message. LeBron is a social justice warrior who refuses to stand up for China because it impacts his pocket and then excitedly tweets out about Watson. He’s a meme and so are 90% of other athletes and celebrities.

To be honest, evaluating these things in light of my beliefs means I might actually be able to root for the Browns while not caring about any of these dooosh canoes because a ton of them are inherently worthless to society, just like our owner.

Or else I might just become a Bills fan. They’ve always been my second favorite team.

I think I’m 70/30 leaning Browns but undecided.

Edited by MWil23
  • Like 7

3 minutes ago, Blue said:

I'mma be honest, I was very surprised by this apparent plot twist until I kept reading

I’m a morning person lol and that is not a euphemism

2 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

You can join the Jets band wagon with me and pheltzbahr.   Same misery, just less rapey 

The best part of this whole situation is watching Steelers and Ravens fans rocking Ben/Ray Lewis usernames or avatars taking the moral high ground 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/33545367/michigan-lb-david-ojabo-suffered-torn-achilles-pro-day-miss-six-months-source-says

Absolutely awful. Kid just lost millions and his career may never be the same. Such a shame.

He'll miss his rookie year and likely won't go 1st round now, but I think he still gets taken 2nd, 3rd round at the latest. Too talented and I think teams likely expected him to take a year to get up to speed in their scheme anyways.

• Like 1

Just now, Blue said:

He'll miss his rookie year and likely won't go 1st round now, but I think he still gets taken 2nd, 3rd round at the latest. Too talented and I think teams likely expected him to take a year to get up to speed in their scheme anyways.

If you’re a team like Green Bay, why not take a WR with your first pick and him at 28? Or maybe someone line the Chiefs or Bills to stash him.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Blue said:

Expected to have a full recovery 

12 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

If you’re a team like Green Bay, why not take a WR with your first pick and him at 28? Or maybe someone line the Chiefs or Bills to stash him.

If you’re a team like Cancun why not take him at 2.4/2.6 if he doesn’t play this season he becomes an RFA in 4 years you can control his future by matching an offer, taking a pick, or getting a cost controlled fifth year based on how you tag him.