BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

1 hour ago, RuskieTitan said:

Trying to figure out how to get in on the Crosby bidding with my current cap and roster like

200.gif

I am going through a similar scenario. Rags and I have done this before for Kittle and Derek Carr.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, wwhickok said:

Its okay, cuz even if I could match I wouldn't. 

6 hours ago, wwhickok said:

I thought about doing a 1st but thought that'd scare people away .I wasn't going to be able to 3up him or even afford his extension and I knew that in advance.

Yeah, why have an elite 24 year old pass rusher when you could have Michael Thomas for the same price

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

One has nothing to do with the other. Like... at all.

You made a conscious decision to pay Michael Thomas's contract knowing you had Maxx Crosby coming up on a contract extension. If you didn't consider that fact...

That's Worse!! - Album on Imgur

5 minutes ago, Blue said:

You made a conscious decision to pay Michael Thomas's contract knowing you had Maxx Crosby coming up on a contract extension. If you didn't consider that fact...

That's Worse!! - Album on Imgur

Again, one, had nothing to do with the other.  It isn't Thomas who pushed me to the point of not matching Crosby. 

Just now, wwhickok said:

Again, one, had nothing to do with the other.  It isn't Thomas who pushed me to the point of not matching Crosby. 

You're paying him what you would be paying to match Ragnarok's offer on Crosby.

Regardless, the point is that you have put yourself into the position where you can't match an offer on Crosby because you've opted to pay worse and/or older players the same money.

2 minutes ago, Blue said:

You're paying him what you would be paying to match Ragnarok's offer on Crosby.

Regardless, the point is that you have put yourself into the position where you can't match an offer on Crosby because you've opted to pay worse and/or older players the same money.

Technically, I can match Crosby.  In your opinion though. Let's make that clear. IN. YOUR. OPINION.