BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

2 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Right on. Tombstone was an amazing movie and I agree his character in Tombstone, no one has ever done a Doc Holdiay better.

He was also great in Top Gun and Heat. The Ghost and the Darkness too

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

He was a method actor. He’s unparalleled in Tombstone 

6 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Right on. Tombstone was an amazing movie and I agree his character in Tombstone, no one has ever done a Doc Holdiay better.

Favorite movie of all time.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Favorite movie of all time.

Are you going to do something or just stand there and bleed?

…one of the greatest tough guy quotes ever.

I teach a history through film course and that one I wrote into the curriculum myself. What’s funny is that it was the consensus favorite and almost none of the kids had seen it until this past fall. The notes I got from fathers on the returned permission slip were hilariously expected. “Thank you for making my kid watch awesome movies”

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

Are you going to do something or just stand there and bleed?

…one of the greatest tough guy quotes ever.

I teach a history through film course and that one I wrote into the curriculum myself. What’s funny is that it was the consensus favorite and almost none of the kids had seen it until this past fall. The notes I got from fathers on the returned permission slip were hilariously expected. “Thank you for making my kid watch awesome movies”

The thing too is that movie is loaded with talent, but so well written. The lines are delicate in that they are spoken so perfectly to fit the mood. I'm sure we have seen our share of movies where the delivery of situation conversations were not as well performed. 

• Like 1