BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

3 minutes ago, Blue said:

thinking of buying a rug for my apartment in wwhickok's head, think it'll really tie the room together, what do you guys think?

I assure you, I know you and Rags think otherwise but I have never done anything because you ran your mouth.

I've been shopping Thomas since I acquired him. 

I know you like to take shots at me whenever you can, but dude, it's gotten old. Find something else to do.

Edited by wwhickok

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

I assure you, I know you and Rags think otherwise but I have never done anything because you ran your mouth.

I know you like to take shots at me whenever you can, but dude, it's gotten old. Find something else to do.

giving up a 5th round pick for somebody to take a player off your hands and calling that "shopping" is a helluva spin, but I am genuinely impressed by your ability to get out of so many awful contracts this offseason

• Like 1

Just now, Blue said:

giving up a 5th round pick for somebody to take a player off your hands and calling that "shopping" is a helluva spin, but I am genuinely impressed by your ability to get out of so many awful contracts this offseason

Shopping was the wrong word, I've been looking to move on from him. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

1.  I do think you're a very good GM and can wheel and deal with the best and have built a very good roster.

2.  I was looking at the timeline.  You were dead set on not matching, blue made his comments, you at the least ramped up trying to move Thomas, did so, and will match Crosby.  It could be coincidence, but you have to see how that looks like correlation.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

1.  I do think you're a very good GM and can wheel and deal with the best and have built a very good roster.

2.  I was looking at the timeline.  You were dead set on not matching, blue made his comments, you at the least ramped up trying to move Thomas, did so, and will match Crosby.  It could be coincidence, but you have to see how that looks like correlation.

I understand the correlation you've made.  But feel free to ask @Scalamania we have been talking about our roster plans since he joined my team. They're constantly evolving. No other team or their GM has ever influenced the decisions I make for my team, nor will they at any point in the future. There are a couple Owners I talk things over with from time to time, but at the end of the day, I and now also my co owner, decide what's best for our roster.

The negativity that certain Owner like to spread, it's just noise. 

I almost was able to trade for that Davante Adams contract too. The offseason where I shipped off OBJ, I at one point was talking to xmad and we almost did a player swap but he backed out at the last minute. I often look back and I think that's one of my big what if moments in the past few years for my team. 

• Like 1