BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

1 minute ago, Blue said:

Because Luka Doncic is an objectively better player than Deandre Ayton and no one who knows basketball is going to argue differently.

I get that. Think it’s a slightly off comparison.

I will say after seeing Ojulari and his former teammate who won’t be named play this year, the water in UGA is special right now.

And for Kayvon the player: Oregon players seem to be under appreciated regularly so if he booms, I expect him to be a high level dominant player ala Herbert.

• Like 1

Well, I did misspeak/miswrite, since what they are now isn't as relevant as what they looked like as prospects. But Atlanta taking Doncic just to trade him for Trae Young and picks will likely always be among the most defeated sports moments of my life.

Just now, Blue said:

Well, I did misspeak/miswrite, since what they are now isn't as relevant as what they looked like as prospects. But Atlanta taking Doncic just to trade him for Trae Young and picks will likely always be among the most defeated sports moments of my life.

That was a win/win trade. Trae Young is an amazing player. Both guys are ironically incredible offensive players who are cornerstones of their franchise while being subpar as individual defenders.

Just now, MD4L said:

That was a win/win trade. Trae Young is an amazing player. Both guys are ironically incredible offensive players who are cornerstones of their franchise while being subpar as individual defenders.

Trae has been way better than I ever expected, but I think every team in the league would rather have Luka than Trae and Cam Reddish (who is no longer even on the team).

Just now, Blue said:

Trae has been way better than I ever expected, but I think every team in the league would rather have Luka than Trae and Cam Reddish (who is no longer even on the team).

Fair but I think the easy counter point is Trae has led his team to the Eastern Conference Finals already whereas Luka hasn’t gotten past round 1 yet. And if he doesn’t return from his injury that will again hold true.

I can get there’s a winner in a trade but I don’t think that one is lopsided enough that ATL should feel regretful for their decision in any capacity.

4 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

If you get skipped in real life. Any team that picks jumps you in draft order and takes that pay spot 

Here, we have a cost allocated to particular draft picks.  You have 1.5 as of now which has a set cost given to it because we don't have agents and don't negotiate rookie deals.

I think you pay the same cost whether you actually pick there, one pick later, or 20 picks later.

• Like 1

Just now, MD4L said:

Fair but I think the easy counter point is Trae has led his team to the Eastern Conference Finals already whereas Luka hasn’t gotten past round 1 yet. And if he doesn’t return from his injury that will again hold true.

I can get there’s a winner in a trade but I don’t think that one is lopsided enough that ATL should feel regretful for their decision in any capacity.

I think that is extremely relevant to the strength of the conferences rather than individual talent. The West has been vastly tougher than the East for about fifteen years now.

It's not like Trae has been the picture of health either, but I would much rather have built around Luka than Trae. Trae Young isn't doing what Luka did for Slovenia in the Olympics last year.

4 minutes ago, Blue said:

I think that is extremely relevant to the strength of the conferences rather than individual talent. The West has been vastly tougher than the East for about fifteen years now.

It's not like Trae has been the picture of health either, but I would much rather have built around Luka than Trae. Trae Young isn't doing what Luka did for Slovenia in the Olympics last year.

I won’t go to Olympic talk, but I totally understand where your coming from. I think you can win an NBA title with both guys as your best player. What’s kind of funny is neither guy is elite on both sides which I value a lot. It would be equal to talking Burrow/Herbert when both guys are good enough to lead championship rosters. It’s more about what can you build around them then what those guys are capable of/have already proven.

Edited by MD4L
  • Like 1