BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

37 minutes ago, rackcs said:

I should've just taken Andersen man. Can't believe my divisional rivals stole a bunch of my biggest draft crushes this year. Burks, Andersen, Strange, Ebiketie. Gonna be tough playing against those guys for the next few years if they pan out how I think they could.

Between @Whicker taking Booth 2 picks before us after I advocated for him to @Blue who had concerns since he didn't test (but he did like his game film) and @Jlash taking 2-3 guys right in front of us as well, I feel like a lot of us were on the same page with how we evaluated players this year.

That could end up being a moot point in a lot of places, but I find our overall talent evaluations to be intriguing (albeit I still feel like this league undervalues interior linemen on both sides of the ball as a whole). :) 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Between @Whicker taking Booth 2 picks before us after I advocated for him to @Blue who had concerns since he didn't test (but he did like his game film) and @Jlash taking 2-3 guys right in front of us as well, I feel like a lot of us were on the same page with how we evaluated players this year.

That could end up being a moot point in a lot of places, but I find our overall talent evaluations to be intriguing (albeit I still feel like this league undervalues interior linemen on both sides of the ball as a whole). :) 

Hey I took a NT at 6. Took a possible guard at 9 and traded a late irl second round pick next year for a pick this year to pick a guard...

40 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Objection; argumentative, speculation.

And besides, unless he's doing curls, I stand by my point.

Overruled as thats not what argumentative means.  Overruled as mentioning standard practice is not speculation.

He could be doing shoulder work, lunges, curls, all sorts of stuff with that weight thatd disprove your point.

Just now, Ragnarok said:

Overruled as thats not what argumentative means.  Overruled as mentioning standard practice is not speculation.

Please repeat back what was stated on the record:

1 hour ago, Ragnarok said:

Pretty sure he's just getting it off the rack.

Pretty sure doesn't work in my courtroom counselor.

Just now, Ragnarok said:

He could be doing shoulder work, lunges, curls, all sorts of stuff with that weight thatd disprove your point.

Based upon his lower body, I'd say that leg work is out of the realm of possibilities. I'd go for shoulders or biceps. He seems like a curls everyday kind of guy.

50 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I should specify:

I think Moore is purely a slot niche player with almost zero value on the outside or in the Red Zone. He could absolutely have value in the slot in 3+ WR looks, but I guess I just see a guy with a pretty low ceiling, so for those reasons, I guess I'm cool on him.

That's fair. I think that's where he'll have to be in the short term and with 3 WRs becoming more and more the norm and pretty much the standard in BDL, I'm fine with that if he develops into a good, slot-only player. I do think he has the potential to play on the outside though of course too.

5 minutes ago, rackcs said:

That's fair. I think that's where he'll have to be in the short term and with 3 WRs becoming more and more the norm and pretty much the standard in BDL, I'm fine with that if he develops into a good, slot-only player. I do think he has the potential to play on the outside though of course too.

You could be right:

I guess I'd like to really know whether those were just bad random testing numbers because those WR's were gassed (which is what we saw from a lot of dudes this year) or whether he wasn't a Power 5 recruit for a reason.

Personally, given his bad agility numbers, that was some major cause for concern for me, albeit I know I'm in the minority there. I believe if I recall correctly, Blue liked him.

• Like 1

I don't trust my own receiver rankings after the top 2, so take them with a grain of salt, but the top 10 ended up being:

1. Treylon Burks

2. Chris Olave

3. John Metchie

4. Skyy Moore

5. Garrett Wilson

6. Christian Watson

7. Velus Jones

8. Jameson Williams

9. Jahan Dotson

10. Drake London

• Like 1