BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

2 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

What range does the highest player not picked in BDL go and who is it? Go

This but also which BDL drafted player goes undrafted? It was hard to pick one when I was looking but at least one player always does. Last year we had a few: Marvin Wilson, Tamorrion Terry, Dylan Moses

• Like 1

Here's just a full fun little draft guessing game:

Undrafted BDL player drafted highest in the real draft:
BDL drafted player who goes undrafted in the real draft:
Player with the biggest + rating:
Player with the biggest - rating (excluding guys who go undrafted):

3 minutes ago, rackcs said:

You’re up

Just now, rackcs said:

Undrafted BDL player drafted highest in the real draft: Kahlil Shakir or Luke Goedeke
BDL drafted player who goes undrafted in the real draft: Damone Clark or David Bell
Player with the biggest + rating: Sam Howell or Cam Jurgens
Player with the biggest - rating (excluding guys who go undrafted): Justyn Ross or Alec Lindstrom

My guesses, I was torn on most so I just picked two for each option. Sue me.

7 minutes ago, rackcs said:

Rasheed Walker
Don’t see one (just saw your Clark pick and that’s a good one)
Desmond Ridder
Alec Lindstrom

5 minutes ago, rackcs said:

No research 

1. Someone redgold took with his 35 picks

2. Matt Corral

3. Alec Lindstrom ends up going in the 170-190 range. Was drafted in the mid 60s here.

27 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I'd say receivers/value of which we ordered them. I also personally liked Cine from UGA if he's utilized as a box/hybrid, and @Blue did not if I recall.

I had Wilson in my Top 3 and didn't have Skyy in my Top 10.

He also hated Justyn Ross due to testing and I'd kick the tires on him as a mid round sleeper project.

I had Jeremy Ruckert as my Top 3 TE and actually like Leal from A&M despite his slight frame and poor(ish) Junior year, albeit I could see him as a 3-4 or 4-3 DE type at the next level.

Aside from that, we were pretty much on the same page throughout the draft process, and even then the guys that we disagreed on we more or less agreed upon in terms of value. For example, we would have kicked the tires on a guy like Leal later and both had the same top ranked LB but didn't want to draft them as high as they went (mostly due to value elsewhere and need elsewhere).

@Blue who else would you say?

I did like Leal, just doesn't fit our team. Cine seems like an athlete who has no idea what he's doing at safety right now, very much an upside pick imo.

• Like 1

I found it interesting that the draft network had Isaiah Spiller as their overall RB 1 even after his pro day testing. I thought they just hadn’t adjusted their big board but they released a video like 4 or 5 days ago where all their draft guys talk about what they like about him. He’s not my number 1 RB in the class that’s for sure. 

7 minutes ago, Blue said:

I did like Leal, just doesn't fit our team. Cine seems like an athlete who has no idea what he's doing at safety right now, very much an upside pick imo.

Cine diagnoses the run very well and is pretty instinctual overall. He can improve on understanding some route concepts coming into his zone. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Blue said:

IMO it's always very difficult to project UGA S and LB due to scheme, but I love his size, length, and pure athleticism, but moreso than that, he really excels in the ground game and really packs a punch. I believe he's actually elite at diagnosing run/pass and zone route recognition.

He could afford to add some meat to his frame and definitely needs to do better at recognition when the ball is behind him as opposed to in front of him, as his ball tracking ability needs work.

I view him as having a high ceiling and still having a relatively higher floor (than you IMO) due to his value in the box. Perhaps he's the next Deone Bucannon and disappoints, but I'd argue that Deone has shown at least how he should have been used as a box hybrid as opposed to how he was used before that.

• Like 1