Texans vs Titans GDT

Pastor Dillon

Lets get this up early. It’s out super bowl. It’s the win/win game of the season for us. 

if we win, we knock the titans out of the 1 seed 

if we lose, we should wrap up the 3rd pick in the draft. 

either way, it’s a win/win for us. I’d love the 3rd pick but to knock the titans out of 1st might be worth a few draft slots. 

• Like 1

I get the energy, and I do agree in some capacity. Let me explain:

My biggest concern with the Titans getting the 2 seed? Derrick Henry gets a playoff game to really warm up... and if he does? The Titans are going to ride him to a SB win, which would probably kill my will to follow this game ever again.

The old Oilers winning a SB would be death by 10,000 knives to the chest, excruciatingly painful for me to live through. Literally, any single team other than the Titans - I would be OK with Jack Easterby taking full control of the Texans (and you guys know how I feel about Easterby) naming himself GM and HC and running a string of 0-17 seasons for the next 10 years before I'd be OK with the Titans winning a single SB.

So, in a subversive way - the Titans sitting at home for the first week of the playoffs would mean Henry isn't getting up to speed as fast, and would really open the door to a potential upset.

Odd logic? Sure. But that's what you're getting from me the next few years.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

yall might disagree but the win there in tennessee was good enough. i want the 3rd pick lol

I agree - I think there's a significant difference between Kayvon Thibodeaux and George Karlaftis (or Derek Stingley Jr and Andrew Booth Jr. if CB is your jam this draft).

This team has really dealt with some arrows this season, throwing that away for some feud with a rival (who has been decidedly better this season overall) just seems to be counter-productive to this rebuild.

• Like 1

The end of a miserable season is here. A couple of predictions. 

1. no one loses their job

2. we win 5-6 games next year 

3. we trade Watson but for only a single player and 1st round pick (maybe so other picks not in the 1st round) 

4. we have a top 10 pick in 2023

5. we go into 2024 with a whole new staff and a team that has cash and young talent. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

The end of a miserable season is here. A couple of predictions. 

1. no one loses their job

2. we win 5-6 games next year 

3. we trade Watson but for only a single player and 1st round pick (maybe so other picks not in the 1st round) 

4. we have a top 10 pick in 2023

5. we go into 2024 with a whole new staff and a team that has cash and young talent. 

100% on all of this. Blue skies coming in 2024/2025, no sooner.

Defense is something that can be a real lynchpin next season. Put a bunch of resources into it (an alpha edge, a leader in the secondary, a lockdown CB - really, any of those work) and this scheme gets REALLY exciting.

Lovie Smith did a very good job here.