2022 Schedule, No cake walk!

Big T

On 1/4/2022 at 11:03 AM, jetfuel34 said:

I don't think that is a bad schedule. 

Pitt has no QB, Minn will have a new coach, Seattle might have a new coach and QB, Browns are falling apart, Denver has no QB. Then you add the fact that players get hurt a lot too so teams change so much during the season i don't se how people can even think how good a team is unless your a team like, NE, Bills, GB, KC, type teams. Ya we play NE and Bills twice every year so that will never change.

As far as the QB's go and the potential for QB's to be exchanging uniforms after this season there is Rodgers, Wilson, Watson, and Winston just to name a few.

I wouldn't agree with you that the Browns are falling apart, but a few number 1's and throw in Mayfield and Texas could send Watson to Cleveland (all speculation on my part). But they could land any of the afore mentioned QB's. Yes players get hurt, the Jets are a testament to that. As far as our division is concerned we are looking up at everyone.

Now granted, there is the draft, blue chip players to be had or trade down. Likewise a ton of cap space, and I think about 20 replaceable players currently on the Jets. The schedule is a difficult one, and we have many unanswered questions as a team likewise.

Is Becton going to come back and play, or is this the start of something more serious? Lawson, does he return to form and potential? Does Zac progress, do the Jets add any OL/WR/RB's not to mention a terrible D?

Valid points all

On 1/4/2022 at 8:35 AM, Big T said:

Here is the New York Jets’ complete list of 2022 opponents:

While I am every the optimist and there are winnable games, it seems that the Jets will have to do some serious drafting and FA spending to make any type of headway next year.

The away schedule is brutal. While the home games  could be split or worse.Even an 8-8 season considering the competition would be a sign we're on the upswing.

• Home: Buffalo, Miami, New England, Cincinnati, Baltimore, Jacksonville, Detroit, Chicago
  • Away: Buffalo, Miami, New England, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Denver, Green Bay, Minnesota, Seattle

Why are we playing Jacksonville two years in a row ?

2 hours ago, doumeyer said:

Why are we playing Jacksonville two years in a row ?

Jets played one full non AFC division and one each team with same place in remaindering divisions.  This year were Broncos and Bengals plus full AFCS. Next year will be Jaguars from AFCS and Broncos (Again) from AFCW with full AFCN.

• 2 weeks later...

If this was the alignment:

AFC:
E: BUF, NE, NYJ, PIT
N: CIN, CLE, IND, KC
S: CAR, JAX, MIA, TEN
W: DEN, HOU, LV, LAC

NFC:
E: BAL, NYG, PHI, WAS
N: Same
S: ATL, DAL, NO, TB
W: Same

These would be the Jets' 2022 opponents:

Home: Bills, Patriots, Steelers, Bengals, Browns, Bears, Lions, Jaguars
Road: Bills, Patriots, Steelers, Colts, Chiefs, Packers, Vikings, Texans, Seahawks

And it should be the alignment