2022 Schedule, No cake walk!

Big T

Here is the New York Jets’ complete list of 2022 opponents:

While I am every the optimist and there are winnable games, it seems that the Jets will have to do some serious drafting and FA spending to make any type of headway next year.

The away schedule is brutal. While the home games  could be split or worse.Even an 8-8 season considering the competition would be a sign we're on the upswing.

• Home: Buffalo, Miami, New England, Cincinnati, Baltimore, Jacksonville, Detroit, Chicago
  • Away: Buffalo, Miami, New England, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Denver, Green Bay, Minnesota, Seattle

17 minutes ago, Big T said:

While I am every the optimist and there are winnable games, it seems that the Jets will have to do some serious drafting and FA spending to make any type of headway next year.

The away schedule is brutal. While the home games  could be split or worse.Even an 8-8 season considering the competition would be a sign we're on the upswing.

• Home: Buffalo, Miami, New England, Cincinnati, Baltimore, Jacksonville, Detroit, Chicago
  • Away: Buffalo, Miami, New England, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Denver, Green Bay, Minnesota, Seattle

8-8 would be doubling our wins from this year, and we doubled our wins from last year already, so I think that's a good expectation. A lot of these games are winnable for us and we need to be able to close them out and play a full four quarters of football. With a little more help around him at OL and WR, Wilson can be the guy, but he needs to improve his short-mid accuracy passing in this system. We have looked a lot more competitive in recent weeks and should not be taken lightly next year with four picks in the top 40 and a good amount of cap space.

I don't think that is a bad schedule. 

Pitt has no QB, Minn will have a new coach, Seattle might have a new coach and QB, Browns are falling apart, Denver has no QB. Then you add the fact that players get hurt a lot too so teams change so much during the season i don't se how people can even think how good a team is unless your a team like, NE, Bills, GB, KC, type teams. Ya we play NE and Bills twice every year so that will never change.

Right now it looks bad. But Green Bay might not have Aaron Rodgers or Davante Adams. The Steelers won't have Big Ben anymore. Seattle hasn't been good. Browns are beatable with Mayfield as their QB. 

Every season is a new season, so we'll see. Can't worry about the schedule. 

1 hour ago, KingOfNewYork said:

7 wins is disappointing but 8 is fine? My man come on lol

Single digit losses sounds better than double digit losses. Of course, I am somewhat numb to the double digit losses. I just expect them. 

1 hour ago, KingOfNewYork said:

7 wins is disappointing but 8 is fine? My man come on lol

7 wins and 10 losses feels the same as going 6-10 in a 16 game schedule, to me anyway.

It's three games under 500.

8-9 or 9-8 feels like 500.

10-7+ feels like a good season.

7 minutes ago, drew39k said:

7 wins and 10 losses feels the same as going 6-10 in a 16 game schedule, to me anyway.

It's three games under 500.

8-9 or 9-8 feels like 500.

10-7+ feels like a good season.

All 7-10’s don’t come the same. A competitive 7-10 is different than 6 blowouts, a fluke win randomly and 2 wins late in the season to killl draft position. We’re still currently the 4th team in our division. Gotta walk before we run 

11 hours ago, Big T said:

That looks like another 4-13 season. Unless we play all those backup players we played against Tampa Bay, those kids played their heart out and should have won that game.

Way too early to tell. After a good offseason and draft our 6-7 wins now could look closer to 9. If we start to close the gap between us and the Dolphins Pats and Bills I could see us going 2-4 in the division next year or potentially better. Pats just seem to have our number no matter what. Aside from the Cam Newton game which was horrendous, we haven’t been competitive against them since the Kellen Winslow TD game that got called back. Would love to see us around the .500 mark. Would also love this stupid league to go back to 16 games and get rid of Thursday night ball but they won’t because the owners ab commissioner are actual idiots. 

36 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Way too early to tell. After a good offseason and draft our 6-7 wins now could look closer to 9. If we start to close the gap between us and the Dolphins Pats and Bills I could see us going 2-4 in the division next year or potentially better. Pats just seem to have our number no matter what. Aside from the Cam Newton game which was horrendous, we haven’t been competitive against them since the Kellen Winslow TD game that got called back. Would love to see us around the .500 mark. Would also love this stupid league to go back to 16 games and get rid of Thursday night ball but they won’t because the owners ab commissioner are actual idiots. 

Kellen Winslow? You mean the greatest TE in recent history Austin Sefarian Jenkins.