A New Era: Zimmer and Spielman both fired on Black Monday

vike daddy

20 minutes ago, AP_allday2869 said:

I believe we still need to schedule one with Elliot Wolf, but yes you are right. Hopefully, we can get this thing done and over with by the end of next week. I am kind of anxious about this... this hire will change the future of this franchise for better or for worse. Listening to Mark Wilf talk last week, I have no doubt that whoever they hire was the man or women for the job. They are sick of mediocrity, and so are we. 

Wolf is one of the 2 on Thursday.  It'll be interesting to see if he blows them away as compared to the others, because he's basically been groomed for the job since he was a tween.

Edited by swede700

15 minutes ago, RpMc said:

With all the talk of culture, I'm surprised we haven't reached out to Caldwell.  I suppose since we don't have to ask for permission we may be waiting on him (and Pederson) until we have a GM.

I’m not sure his is the type of culture that they are looking for. Caldwell is a great teacher, he’s a great person and he’ll instill a culture of accountability, both professionally and personally, but that doesn’t appear to be an issue with the Vikings. 

Caldwell is still a coach with a rather “old school” mentality and approach. And I think that is what the team is trying to get away from. 

2 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

I’m not sure his is the type of culture that they are looking for. Caldwell is a great teacher, he’s a great person and he’ll instill a culture of accountability, both professionally and personally, but that doesn’t appear to be an issue with the Vikings. 

Caldwell is still a coach with a rather “old school” mentality and approach. And I think that is what the team is trying to get away from. 

Is he? Hmm, just listening to him speak he doesn't/didn't strike me as that type.

The Giants completed their first round of interviews with General Manager candidates on Monday and they aren’t wasting any time moving on to a second round.

Bills assistant G.M. Joe Schoen is interviewing with the team again on Tuesday and there’s word of another candidate who is on track for another chance to meet with the team as well. Tom Pelissero of NFL Media reports that Chiefs executive director of player personnel Ryan Poles is expected to sit down with the team again as well.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/01/18/giants-are-expected-to-interview-ryan-poles-a-second-time/

1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

Can’t say I’m overly thrilled with the higher number of defensive oriented HC candidates. 

But, if those candidates who have a defensive background, I think Morris would be my top choice. 

One this with Morris is I don’t think he would be one to “control” the defense. Really have to remember he’s also an offensive coach.

25 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

One this with Morris is I don’t think he would be one to “control” the defense. Really have to remember he’s also an offensive coach.

He’s a coach. Not a coordinator. 

Edited by SemperFeist

2 hours ago, RpMc said:

With all the talk of culture, I'm surprised we haven't reached out to Caldwell.  I suppose since we don't have to ask for permission we may be waiting on him (and Pederson) until we have a GM.

Jim Caldwell or is there another Caldwell out there? Jim would be an extremely disappointing and uninspiring hiring in 2022. 

Btw, I think I saw you on twitter today bragging about meeting your fiance on hinge. Congrats! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gopherwrestler said:

His background looks all over the place. I always just think of him as a not particularly good HC for the Bucs but I'm not sure how much weight that holds over 10 years later. Would be interesting for sure.