A New Era: Zimmer and Spielman both fired on Black Monday

vike daddy

28 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

No... this is the energy we need.

I just can't imagine this guy coaching opposite someone like Dan Campbell and his intensity. 

This guy reminds me so much of Dante Bartee (popular clinic circuit coach); super smart, but just hard for me to take seriously.

10 minutes ago, RpMc said:

This guy reminds me so much of Dante Bartee (popular clinic circuit coach); super smart, but just hard for me to take seriously.

Someone on Twitter said that if we ever wanted to know what Pete Davidson would be like as an NFL head coach, it’s Mike McDaniel. 

And now that’s all I see him as. 

Edited by SemperFeist
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, RpMc said:

I get that for sure. I still think he's intriguing.

https://www.sbnation.com/2022/1/19/22891420/mike-mcdaniel-49ers-coach-hipster-offensive-coordinator

I don't know if I've just read too much Morris propaganda but he's my top candidate right now but definitely want to see the GM hired first and hope they have input on it. 

2 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

I get that for sure. I still think he's intriguing.

https://www.sbnation.com/2022/1/19/22891420/mike-mcdaniel-49ers-coach-hipster-offensive-coordinator

I don't know if I've just read too much Morris propaganda but he's my top candidate right now but definitely want to see the GM hired first and hope they have input on it. 

I'm also guilty of drinking the Morris Kool-aid at this point in time.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, RpMc said:

I'm also guilty of drinking the Morris Kool-aid at this point in time.

I saw Ben Allbright bring it up in regards to Dan Quinn and the Broncos, but the Vikings should hire Morris as the head coach. Then they can go hard after Mike McDaniel as the Assistant Head Coach/Offensive Coordinator. 

According to Allbright that would be seen as a promotion. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

I saw Ben Allbright bring it up in regards to Dan Quinn and the Broncos, but the Vikings should hire Morris as the head coach. Then they can go hard after Mike McDaniel as the Assistant Head Coach/Offensive Coordinator. 

pump this into my veins

If that were to happen, I'd bet on another new OC in 2023.

Edited by skywindO2

9 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

AHC is how they get people to make "lateral" moves; I would definitely be down, although would expect we would need a new OC next year, or soon after.

15 minutes ago, RpMc said:

although would expect we would need a new OC next year, or soon after.

I’m not so sure. I could easily see McDaniel’s personality being a hindrance for him in interview rooms. Especially with the older generation GM’s and owners. 

Not to mention, past issues with alcoholism. 

Edited by SemperFeist
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

He'll also get to call the plays as Shanny will never stop calling the plays in SF.