Talent Acquisition and Separation

onejayhawk

Rapoport said the Chiefs were working on an extension for months and were close.. until Davante got his cash then Reek wanted to top it and the Chiefs balked.  

Maybe common knowledge at this point but I assumed they just started negotiations when we heard it reported. But at least we know that we were trying to make this happen and I think Tyreek wanted to wait out the market to see what he could get. 

13 minutes ago, mayanfootball said:

No allegiance to TEAM anymore. Guess it's been that way for a bit.

Only allegiance to the almighty dollar. How sad......

I don’t think this is always the case, but in a league where you can be cut tomorrow for not playing to standard…can you blame people for getting theirs?  It’s hard for us to imagine, but easy for us to judge Ty for wanting out over 2m per year…but it’s different when that’s the life you lead I guess.

I don't see the point of adding Metcalf. We would have the exact same issue than with Tyreek so why spend heavy compensation for him? Makes no sense to me. 

Lockett could be a better fit in the sense that he should be a whole lot cheaper. Of course Lockett isn't tyreek but if the price is right we could the resources we got to other positions. 

With that being said I think the Tyreek trade shows that we're in a mini rebuild (or reload maybe) phase where we have a lot of picks coming and we need to add valuable contributors on rookie deals to rebuild a championship window next year or the year after. That's the way I see it at least. 

39 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

I don't see the point of adding Metcalf. We would have the exact same issue than with Tyreek so why spend heavy compensation for him? Makes no sense to me. 

Lockett could be a better fit in the sense that he should be a whole lot cheaper. Of course Lockett isn't tyreek but if the price is right we could the resources we got to other positions. 

With that being said I think the Tyreek trade shows that we're in a mini rebuild (or reload maybe) phase where we have a lot of picks coming and we need to add valuable contributors on rookie deals to rebuild a championship window next year or the year after. That's the way I see it at least. 

You wouldn’t add Metcalf without knowing his price.  Lockett is locked in for 4 more years, and even at the high end he’s suddenly become a bargain almost.

Problem with Lockett is he’s 29 already.

44 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

It's likely Metcalf would be at least a little bit cheaper, but he also would be 4 years younger. You might take a 24 year old Metcalf at $24M per year, over 28 year old Hill at $30M per year, as an example.

• Like 1