Talent Acquisition and Separation

onejayhawk

2 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

Just draft two WR and I’ll be happy. We don’t need to trade for another vet on a one year deal. 

That won't do the job this year even if we spend #29 and #30 on WR, which I would not recomend. We will not be getting plug-n-play talent at the end of the round unless Jameson Williams slides that far. Even then he's the only player and it will be because he has medical issues. 

It's more realistic to get a veteran for a season and essentially redshirt him or them. 

1 hour ago, mayanfootball said:

I'd be good with that. It's a deep WR draft.

Not really. The top 100 is pretty thickly salted, but I don't see a lot for day #3. If you mean that we can get quality with any of our first eight picks, the OK.

RB is insanely deep. There are as many RB in rounds 2-4 as there are WR. It's usually about half as many. 

Edited by onejayhawk

56 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

Not really. The top 100 is pretty thickly salted, but I don't see a lot for day #3. If you mean that we can get quality with any of our first eight picks, the OK.

That's going to work good enough for KC. We have 8 picks in the first 4 rds. as of today. Maybe more coming.

Alec Pierce and Kyle Philips are availble on TDN at 94 and 103

Edited by mayanfootball

This is a summary of the WR situation. We literally have four experienced player--Hardman, Schuster, Gordon, Watson. Some of our deep depth might re-sign, but Robinson and Pringle have already signed elsewhere.
https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/chiefs-wr-depth-chart-tyreek-hill-trade-patrick-mahomes/t4midicm8o8pfa6cobcwvvgo

Other than MVS, some veterans who are at least sort of available--OBJ, Julio Jones, Will Fuller, and Sammy Watkins. All come with issues. Sammy at least knows th system. 

Edited by onejayhawk

20 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

With all the draft picks Ive been looking at tight ends, Kelce turns 33 this year and who knows how long hell keep going…

I agree to a point. Spending a 7th round pick on a blocking TE certainly makes sense. However, Noah Gray did well as a rookie so it's not like we need Kelce's replacement. More depth and a different look I can agree with but there is no hole to fill. 

Speaking of Noah Gray, how much is losing Tyreek Hill going to change his usage? 

J

Just now, onejayhawk said:

I agree to a point. Spending a 7th round pick on a blocking TE certainly makes sense. However, Noah Gray did well as a rookie so it's not like we need Kelce's replacement. More depth and a different look I can agree with but there is no hole to fill. 

Speaking of Noah Gray, how much is losing Tyreek Hill going to change his usage? 

J

Noah Gray isnt Travis Kelce, Im high on him but not quite that high. This conference is an arms race so stocking the cupboard in multiple ways would probably be a wise strategy. Gray does not make up for Hills production, not in the slightest.

I think were okay with our TE room, but weve got a lot of picks. If a guy falls and we like him I wouldn’t doubt Veach would grab him.

1 hour ago, onejayhawk said:

J

You noticed Blake Bell is back ... and they have a plethora of no-name TEs on the roster already?

1 hour ago, Chiefer said:

Noah Gray isnt Travis Kelce, Im high on him but not quite that high. This conference is an arms race so stocking the cupboard in multiple ways would probably be a wise strategy. Gray does not make up for Hills production, not in the slightest.

I think were okay with our TE room, but weve got a lot of picks. If a guy falls and we like him I wouldn’t doubt Veach would grab him.

No one but Kelce is Kelce. You won't find him in the draft either.

However, Gray is a looking like a legit lead TE. This is no llonger a hole we need to fill. That said, additional talent is always welcome. I would have no problem spending a 3rd or 4th roun pick on a TE. 

43 minutes ago, KC_Guy said:

You noticed Blake Bell is back ... and they have a plethora of no-name TEs on the roster already?

I said that the re-signed Bell though not in that post. I am not sure what you mean by plethora. I count five or six on develpmental contracts, depending on where you put Fortson. 

What's your point?