Talent Acquisition and Separation

onejayhawk

43 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

Has to be an expensive depth signing. A draft pick should be able to beat him out for the #3 spot. 

What did you think we were gonna get for 10 mil per? I'm not trying to pick on ya just trying to understand how this is a more negative for some folks. 🤷

Edit: and if I'm reading it correctly it's basically a 2 yr 18 mil deal with one of those psych years tacked on the end.

Edited by Chiefs_5627

1 hour ago, kingseanjohn said:
Has to be an expensive depth signing. A draft pick should be able to beat him out for the #3 spot. 

Wow.

No. As a rule, a draft pick would not beat him out for the #3 spot. There are maybe three WR in any draft who can step in at this level. They generally do not make it to #29. On top of that, this coaching staff dislikes playing rookies unless they are Creed Humphrey or Trey Smith. 

This year we might get lucky and have Jameson Williams slide to us because of the medical issues. That makes a different reason that MVS takes the position out of camp.

• Like 2

Just now, onejayhawk said:

Wow.

No. As a rule, a draft pick would not beat him out for the #3 spot. There are maybe three WR in any draft who can step in at this level. They generally do not make it to #29. On top of that, this coaching staff dislikes playing rookies unless they are Creed Humphrey or Trey Smith. 

This year we might get lucky and have Jameson Williams slide to us because of the medical issues. That makes a different reason that MVS takes the position out of camp.

We’ll have to agree to disagree. 

28 minutes ago, RedGold said:

Yeah I'm okay with that money.    Likely an easy out after 2 years and he has some talent to work with.   

Seems like he gets ripped on for drops but didn't have a single one last year on 55 targets. 7 the year before on 63 isn't ideal but it's a plus to see it improve. 

1 hour ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

What did you think we were gonna get for 10 mil per? I'm not trying to pick on ya just trying to understand how this is a more negative for some folks. 🤷

Edit: and if I'm reading it correctly it's basically a 2 yr 18 mil deal with one of those psych years tacked on the end.

Yeah this is the going rate for receivers now. He replaces Hardman when his contract is up next year.

no fears a rookie will beat hiM out, and if they do itll only be a year

• Like 1

Ok, so here’s the thing.  I think it’s high for MVS.  But this off-season is probably right.  Mind you I’m from WI so I’ve watched him a lot.

He’s the only person that topped Hill in max speed last year.  He had quite a few poor targets from Rodgers only after Rodgers absolutely could not throw it to Adams.  He’ll catch more balls this year.  I hope he can stay healthy.