Talent Acquisition and Separation

onejayhawk

On 4/2/2022 at 3:21 PM, kingseanjohn said:

I don’t even have Sky Moore on my draft board tbh. I don’t remember seeing anything special on his tape. Initial scouting made me think that he’s a career special teamer that fills that final depth chart slot.

I’d have to give another look before committing to that opinion though. 

Crazy

From what I see the biggest mark against Skyy Moore is his height. He's not small; he's short. 

While he is not Dante hall elusive, that's a very high standard to meet. He looks to be a superior PR and a very good slot receiver. That's a lot for a pick after #50. 

On a side note, since we own #50, how many top 50 choices will be left? One is the minimum but I am guessing closer to ten.

J

27 minutes ago, EMAW_KSU said:

My thoughts on him are I don’t mind him, but he’s certainly not a top target for me.  Brooks had us taking him round one…that I don’t think he’s worth.

I just think that this regime drafted Clyde Edwards-Helaire in the first, so I dont necessarily throw out any 1st-2nd round talent. His tape really jumps out at you too, which is why I thought the nothing special aspect was nuts.

22 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

I just think that this regime drafted Clyde Edwards-Helaire in the first, so I dont necessarily throw out any 1st-2nd round talent. His tape really jumps out at you too, which is why I thought the nothing special aspect was nuts.

What tape did you watch? 

11 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

What tape did you watch? 

Michigan, Pitt, some Kent, also watched a couple draft breakdowns. He did get hurt early against Mich, but hes their best receiver and you could tell once he was out

I think hes got the juice, but will we try to squeeze in the first? Idk, but CEH was a 2nd rounder until we took him in the first. Chiefs fans are gonna be do upset if we draft another shorty in the first 😂

3 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

If Sterling Sheppard is the comp, he's worth the ranking. 

Yeah,  I mean i wouldn't hate it.    Wouldn't be one of my top choices though

I think there's 10-11 WR's that are above him,     I have him more in the Jalen Tolbert/Alec Pierce range.     I would much rather take a Bo Melton late,  if we are going to take a guy that's more limited in his versatility.  

Treylon Burks
Jameson Williams
Drake London
Jahan Dotson
Garrett Wilson
John Metchie
Christian Watson
George Pickens
David Bell

Are all guys I would take over Skyy pretty easily.    Than you start getting into the Pierce, Tolbert, Moore range.

13 hours ago, Chiefer said:

I don’t think his tape jumps out at me.  Against his level of competition I expected more separation, more wow plays.  Honestly more often I found myself thinking there were some really clutch throws by the QB.

Like I said I don’t dislike him, there’s just recorders I really like a lot more.  And I do dislike him in the first.

1 minute ago, RedGold said:

Yeah,  I mean i wouldn't hate it.    Wouldn't be one of my top choices though

I think there's 10-11 WR's that are above him,     I have him more in the Jalen Tolbert/Alec Pierce range.     I would much rather take a Bo Melton late,  if we are going to take a guy that's more limited in his versatility.  

Treylon Burks
Jameson Williams
Drake London
Jahan Dotson
Garrett Wilson
John Metchie
Christian Watson
George Pickens
David Bell

Are all guys I would take over Skyy pretty easily.    Than you start getting into the Pierce, Tolbert, Moore range.

I'll give the first four. Wilson has a red flag for me. Metchie I'll give you with reservations.  I would be comfortable placing Moore with or above Bell, Pickens, and Watson. Those are all tall WR, which Moore is not, and we drafted Cornell Powell last spring.

BTW, I would put Tolbert with or above them as well.

25 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

I'll give the first four. Wilson has a red flag for me. Metchie I'll give you with reservations.  I would be comfortable placing Moore with or above Bell, Pickens, and Watson. Those are all tall WR, which Moore is not, and we drafted Cornell Powell last spring.

BTW, I would put Tolbert with or above them as well.

Yeah,  the team didn't even elevate Powell for games last year.   I don't factor him into any plans.   He might pan out,  but I'm not planning on it.       

The tallness factor,  that was kind of my point with I would just rather take my chances on a Bo Melton later in the draft on guys that don't have as much versatility on where they can line up.

2 hours ago, EMAW_KSU said:

I don’t think his tape jumps out at me.  Against his level of competition I expected more separation, more wow plays.  Honestly more often I found myself thinking there were some really clutch throws by the QB.

Like I said I don’t dislike him, there’s just recorders I really like a lot more.  And I do dislike him in the first.

His QB isnt good though, hes got some moments, but yeah not great.

Hes a slot guy almost exclusively, so yeah value wise its not great.  But we have a serious need there with Tyreek gone. Lots of niches that we need to evolve into with lots of different bodies.

Edited by Chiefer