2022 Offseason and FA Talk

Bobby816

I can’t understand why we haven’t brought in another pass rusher unless we are convinced we are getting one at #4. 

I know he’s an older prospect but if we miss out on KT and Hutchinson I want Jermaine Johnson at #10. When you see Avon getting a six year deal at 33 then you have to feel JJ could be a solid player until he’s in his early 30’s at least which gives him a good 8-9 years in the league.

Ffs I just realised he’s the dude from last chance U!! 

30 minutes ago, KimuraGod said:

I can’t understand why we haven’t brought in another pass rusher unless we are convinced we are getting one at #4. 

I know he’s an older prospect but if we miss out on KT and Hutchinson I want Jermaine Johnson at #10. When you see Avon getting a six year deal at 33 then you have to feel JJ could be a solid player until he’s in his early 30’s at least which gives him a good 8-9 years in the league.

Ffs I just realised he’s the dude from last chance U!! 

Pretty sure we’re spending 4 or 10 on a DE. But I’d like another one brought in as well. It’s a rotational position and while I like Huff… Lawson is coming off injury and it’s be a rookie starting. To have a vet for rotating in and security for Lawson wouldn’t hurt. Just I don’t expect JD to overpay. I’ll keep saying it until he signs elsewhere. Derek Barnett is the name to watch

2 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

I might actually travel to go to my first home game if we do this. 

Well you know JD won’t lose a trade so it’s unlikely. But let’s say it’s a 2nd for him. The odds of that 2nd being as good as Hunter is rare. I know Hunter carties a event contract. But we can rework it since we have just a few players we need to pay in the next couple years.

Just now, Bobby816 said:

Well you know JD won’t lose a trade so it’s unlikely. But let’s say it’s a 2nd for him. The odds of that 2nd being as good as Hunter is rare. I know Hunter carties a event contract. But we can rework it since we have just a few players we need to pay in the next couple years.

I'm with you 100%. I already mentioned I would give up a 2nd and conditional 2023 pick. I'm not even sure if the first round picks are going to be as good as him. He's my #1 guy. 

I also have to keep in mind, Laa'el Collins is still on the block. We maybe in on him.

3 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

We signed Conklin to help recruit Hunter. lol 

Time for Nog JD to man up and use these trade assets for proven young players rather than just prospects. He’s said all off-season he’ll be aggressive in the trade market. Time to show it. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Time for Nog JD to man up and use these trade assets for proven young players rather than just prospects. He’s said all off-season he’ll be aggressive in the trade market. Time to show it. 

Since they are apparently desparate, I wonder if we could do it for just a first round pick swap? #10 for Hunter & #12.