2022 Offseason and FA Talk

Bobby816

4 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Because you can’t sign everyone. Guys want snaps, they’re not gonna come play depth roles if they can more snaps elsewhere.

How many snaps did Davis & Crowder, have last year.? With the holes Douglas filled so far in FA at CB, S, OL,,DT & TE it sure looks like our first two picks in the first round will be a Edge rusher & yes another WR.  No matter who Douglas brings in thru FA & the draft the key to the 2022 season in how Wilson plays.

32 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

How many snaps did Davis & Crowder, have last year.? With the holes Douglas filled so far in FA at CB, S, OL,,DT & TE it sure looks like our first two picks in the first round will be a Edge rusher & yes another WR.  No matter who Douglas brings in thru FA & the draft the key to the 2022 season in how Wilson plays.

They were injured, players aren't going to come here thinking hey maybe if their top 2 guys get hurt I'll get some reps. 

I don't think it's a forgone conclusion where we're going in the draft right now honestly. EDGE is probably the closest to a lock at 4 but after that I think there's so many different ways we can go. Don't just think holes we have today but future holes that need to filled. 

Things receivers look for when signing with a new team. 

1. Snaps/Targets

2. Money

3. Opportunity to Win.

What do we have to offer (insert receiver) from the above list?

You know what's the best way to avoid any of the above?

Drafting a kid or two or three. 

They come in, they're cheap, they work their way up. You develop them into the receiver you need them to be. 

Just now, KingOfNewYork said:

1. Snaps/Targets

2. Money

3. Opportunity to Win.

They come in, they're cheap, they work their way up. You develop them into the receiver you need them to be. 

hate to tell ya, as evident with the watson situation, the #1 thing with ANY player is money.  

if they don't add another WR they're failing Wilson.  a starting WR corps of Davis, Moore and Berrios isn't going to cut it.

1 hour ago, Heymangold said:

hate to tell ya, as evident with the watson situation, the #1 thing with ANY player is money.  

if they don't add another WR they're failing Wilson.  a starting WR corps of Davis, Moore and Berrios isn't going to cut it.

Beckham ? Chark? Who else is a available 

1 hour ago, Heymangold said:

They’re gonna add a receiver but please stop with this they’re failing Wilson bs. His best play last year was without his top receivers. Zach is gonna be good if he’s going to be good, it’s on him. 

Y’all will literally beat the Jets failed Darnold crap into the mud when the evidence clearly shows otherwise. 

Hella annoying to keep reading.

Already gave the built in excuses. It’s never be accurate, be on time, don’t turn the ball over, be patient, study your playbook, watch film. All the things that go into being a great Quarterback. 

If a player is running open and you miss because you’re inaccurate it doesn’t matter if that player is an All-Pro or an UDFA.

Now that’s not to say we don’t need more receiving depth because we do but in terms of your quarterbacks ability he has to have that regardless. We saw it with Darnold it was always “he doesn’t have weapons” “Gase sucks” then he goes to a place with “weapons” and sucks still. Now what’s the excuse of the Jets “ruined him”

Rant over…maybe

2 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

They were injured, players aren't going to come here thinking hey maybe if their top 2 guys get hurt I'll get some reps. 

I don't think it's a forgone conclusion where we're going in the draft right now honestly. EDGE is probably the closest to a lock at 4 but after that I think there's so many different ways we can go. Don't just think holes we have today but future holes that need to filled. 

Yea we have no idea how the first three picks will go right now, but if one of the top edge rushers drop to four. Its a foregone conclusion Douglas makes a quick pick. That would be a fantastic start to the draft.

5 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

Yea we have no idea how the first three picks will go right now, but if one of the top edge rushers drop to four. Its a foregone conclusion Douglas makes a quick pick. That would be a fantastic start to the draft.

Agreed, after that I’m honestly unsure which direction he decides to go. I know it will depends on who’s available at certain spots. I think that will make it more fun to watch. Year 1 we knew OT and a Receiver were likely, last year we know Zach and then after had no idea and then we hit on our next 3.

2 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

1. Snaps/Targets

2. Money

3. Opportunity to Win.

I disagree here.

1. money

2. QB!!!!!!!!!

3. Playing time/targets

4. System to play in

5. Location 

6. Chance to win. I don't think winning is that high on most of these guys list until they get over 30 or close too. Then they jump on a winning team for below market. 

1 hour ago, KingOfNewYork said:

They’re gonna add a receiver but please stop with this they’re failing Wilson bs. His best play last year was without his top receivers. Zach is gonna be good if he’s going to be good, it’s on him. 

Y’all will literally beat the Jets failed Darnold crap into the mud when the evidence clearly shows otherwise. 

Hella annoying to keep reading.

while darnold has proven to not be good, you can't tell me you think they supported him.  the o-line was filled with turnstiles and the biggest FA on offense they brought in was Jameson Crowder.

was it not JD that made "promises" to both darnold and wilson that he'd support them?  he didn't for sam - so far i've seen a solid improvement on the o-line.  now lets get some actual skill position players for zach to throw to. 

10 minutes ago, Heymangold said:

while darnold has proven to not be good, you can't tell me you think they supported him.  the o-line was filled with turnstiles and the biggest FA on offense they brought in was Jameson Crowder.

was it not JD that made "promises" to both darnold and wilson that he'd support them?  he didn't for sam - so far i've seen a solid improvement on the o-line.  now lets get some actual skill position players for zach to throw to. 

He had one off-season to build around Sam. He signed OL, drafted a Receiver. Sam imploded got the coaching staff fired and we started over. He drafted Zach added an OL, WR and RB, this year signed two TE, another OL. He’s doing what he said he would do. 

Quarterbacks who need everything to be perfect around them are not good long term answers. No one is saying send him out there with bums but he has to be a good player regardless. Asking him to be accurate, not make mistakes, make good pre/post snap reads, not turn the ball over has ZERO to do with who he’s throwing to. That’s literally all I’m saying. 

11 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

He had one off-season to build around Sam. He signed OL, drafted a Receiver. Sam imploded got the coaching staff fired and we started over. He drafted Zach added an OL, WR and RB, this year signed two TE, another OL. He’s doing what he said he would do. 

Quarterbacks who need everything to be perfect around them are not good long term answers. No one is saying send him out there with bums but he has to be a good player regardless. Asking him to be accurate, not make mistakes, make good pre/post snap reads, not turn the ball over has ZERO to do with who he’s throwing to. That’s literally all I’m saying. 

Gase is an assistant coach at a high school - i don't think the coaching staff was really all that great.

i do agree that he's doing more for zach but like i said, a WR corps of Corey Davis (JAG), Berrios (JAG) and Moore (potential) isn't going to cut it. for as many inaccurate passes as wilson threw last year, i saw just as many WR/TE/RB's having great throws bounce off their hands.