2022 Offseason and FA Talk

Bobby816

48 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

And add the risk that that WR might not ever be good like a proven talent. How many WRs are better than Diggs? Jefferson is one of a handful at most. 

Better or just as good there’s a few. 

10 plus $25M+ is insane, it’s almost just as risky as drafting a guy and hoping he’s great.

1 minute ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Better or just as good there’s a few. 

10 plus $25M+ is insane, it’s almost just as risky as drafting a guy and hoping he’s great.

I see it no riskZ just assets to get a proven player. We have lots of picks and money. So I wouldn’t mind it at all.

Drafting a guy at 10 is risky, just as pretty much every draft pick is. I mean to go back to what you stated… let’s not forget that like 4-5 WRs got drafted before Jefferson that’s draft.

51 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I see it no riskZ just assets to get a proven player. We have lots of picks and money. So I wouldn’t mind it at all.

Drafting a guy at 10 is risky, just as pretty much every draft pick is. I mean to go back to what you stated… let’s not forget that like 4-5 WRs got drafted before Jefferson that’s draft.

It’s still a risk, you bring in the proven player and he flops for you. Now you’re out a 1st AND on the hook for $25M+

The point about JJ and Diggs though is that there is a possibility both the #10 pick and who we trade it for both deliver for us. In that case I’m sure the younger, cheaper player would be preferred. 

Davis hurt. Moore hurt. Becton hurt. Carter hurt. Zach hurt. Lawson hurt. Safeties hurt. LBs hurt. Tired of having guys who miss games. Cannot afford to have 3 WRs coming off of injury seasons when our QB needs a reliable one. I take Wilson, Burks and even London after we see his testing, over Williams. 

44 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Davis hurt. Moore hurt. Becton hurt. Carter hurt. Zach hurt. Lawson hurt. Safeties hurt. LBs hurt. Tired of having guys who miss games. Cannot afford to have 3 WRs coming off of injury seasons when our QB needs a reliable one. I take Wilson, Burks and even London after we see his testing, over Williams. 

What?

You draft for the future not for training camp.

All these guys are healthy, except Williams who’s rehabbing. Mims was healthy as a draftee and got hurt, Moore was as well and got hurt. Mims missed the first 7 weeks I think and Moore missed a huge portion of camp. So drafting a healthy receiver doesn’t mean he’ll be healthy come week 1. 

7 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

You draft for the future not for training camp.

All these guys are healthy, except Williams who’s rehabbing. Mims was healthy as a draftee and got hurt, Moore was as well and got hurt. Mims missed the first 7 weeks I think and Moore missed a huge portion of camp. So drafting a healthy receiver doesn’t mean he’ll be healthy come week 1. 

I agree. But we’re the most injured team in the league nearly every year. Drafting a guy not revivers from an ACL tear top 10 will be bold. I’d do it if I was JD. But I could see that scaring him away.

9 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

It’s still a risk, you bring in the proven player and he flops for you. Now you’re out a 1st AND on the hook for $25M+

The point about JJ and Diggs though is that there is a possibility both the #10 pick and who we trade it for both deliver for us. In that case I’m sure the younger, cheaper player would be preferred. 

When has a proven player that’s been a star since he got in the league and that’s put together 3 great seasons (which is his whole career) ever flopped?

8 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

What?

All of those guys were hurt last season. Everyone wants to get weapons so Zach can be put in the best situation. Can we afford to draft a guy coming off an injury (not even counting the fact he may miss the beginning of the season) when our other WRs were banged up last year? 

8 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

All of those guys were hurt last season. Everyone wants to get weapons so Zach can be put in the best situation. Can we afford to draft a guy coming off an injury (not even counting the fact he may miss the beginning of the season) when our other WRs were banged up last year? 

Last years injuries have no barring on those guys this year. Davis isn't going into TC injured, Moore isn't. Carter isn't. So those injuries last year shouldn't alter anything.

Williams is recovering at a great pace. Video of him just last week looking pretty darn mobile. Obviously he still has a ways to go. But he has over 5 more months until Week 1. 

11 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Last years injuries have no barring on those guys this year. Davis isn't going into TC injured, Moore isn't. Carter isn't. So those injuries last year shouldn't alter anything.

Williams is recovering at a great pace. Video of him just last week looking pretty darn mobile. Obviously he still has a ways to go. But he has over 5 more months until Week 1. 

I'm expecting everyone to be healthy, even Becton.  But I don't like taking that risk when I love other WRs like Wilson and Burks.

Otherwise I'd be all over waiting for Ojabo in R2.

I wouldn't hate the Williams pick because Zach could use a burner, but I prefer other players.

19 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

I'm expecting everyone to be healthy, even Becton.  But I don't like taking that risk when I love other WRs like Wilson and Burks.

Otherwise I'd be all over waiting for Ojabo in R2.

I wouldn't hate the Williams pick because Zach could use a burner, but I prefer other players.

Williams is a better prospect. 

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

I agree. But we’re the most injured team in the league nearly every year. Drafting a guy not revivers from an ACL tear top 10 will be bold. I’d do it if I was JD. But I could see that scaring him away.

10 is a bit of luxury pick since we have an additional 1 along with 2 2s. We can take a risk on the best receiver in the draft as long as the medical check out, which they look to be. An ACL injury isn’t what it used to be.

Williams is good, id just like to see a different style of receiver from what we have in Moore. Moore can be our deep ball guy or play underneath. I’d rather someone like London, Burks, or Wilson to bring a different flavor to the receiver core.