2022 Offseason and FA Talk

Bobby816

This draft is WEAK!!!!!!!!!! You only have a few studs and you better get one at 4 and hope one falls to 10 no matter the position. I would also like to add that the Jets D sucked. I was one of the worse D I have ever seen for a Jets team. Saleh might want to readjust his scheme. 

If Sauce Gardner name was Tim Jones no one would want him. That’s how I’m starting to feel. But again I’m not gonna keep debating if guys aren’t gonna do any research or just use their brains. 

He’s a great prospect, I’d love for the Jets to add him and many others but again using what you know about Douglas and Saleh and what they’ve already done do you really think they’d draft him at 4th overall? 10 maybe a chance depending on the board but a Cornerback at 4?

1 minute ago, KingOfNewYork said:

If Sauce Gardner name was Tim Jones no one would want him. That’s how I’m starting to feel. But again I’m not gonna keep debating if guys aren’t gonna do any research or just use their brains. 

He’s a great prospect, I’d love for the Jets to add him and many others but again using what you know about Douglas and Saleh and what they’ve already done do you really think they’d draft him at 4th overall? 10 maybe a chance depending on the board but a Cornerback at 4?

I agree to disagree with you on this. I don't care if his name was John Doe I feel he is top 2 guy or maybe 1 in this draft. Him and Hutch are pretty close. You never see a 6' 3" CB move like this and then proved it on the field by not allowing a TD. 

9 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

That’s why he need a tangy FS like ET because he didn’t have split coverage on the backend. It’s why many teams have failed trying replicate the Seattle D because there aren’t many Earl Thomas clones

Hence why I like Hamilton.  I think he can be that Earl Thomas type.  Forget Hamilton's 40 time, he plays fast.

1 minute ago, KingOfNewYork said:

“We want to put pressure on the Quarterback and we want to protect ours and run the ball” - Douglas and Saleh 

“Sauce at 4” - Jets fans 

lol what 

This time of year NEVER BELIEVE ANYTHING THESE COACHES OR GM SAY. These are all little games to get people to reach for players and create trade partners. 

1 minute ago, xrade said:

Hence why I like Hamilton.  I think he can be that Earl Thomas type.  Forget Hamilton's 40 time, he plays fast.

That is what scares me. He is going to get smoked by Miami twice a year, Bills twice a year. Speed kills bottom line. 

Just now, jetfuel34 said:

That is what scares me. He is going to get smoked by Miami twice a year, Bills twice a year. Speed kills bottom line. 

Tha'ts why I said forget his 40 time.  I watched a few ND games this year.  He stood out compared to everyone else.  I saw one play where he ran across the field to stop the ball carrier.  There were others closer, but he beat them to the ball.  What I saw was not a 4.59 time.

12 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I don’t believe is this #1 this, #1 that nonsense first of all. Second of all just check Reed’s metrics in the scheme and if that doesn’t help you then nothing else will.

And again take your coaches word for it if nothing else.

so, your answer is there aren't any.  got it

2 minutes ago, xrade said:

Tha'ts why I said forget his 40 time.  I watched a few ND games this year.  He stood out compared to everyone else.  I saw one play where he ran across the field to stop the ball carrier.  There were others closer, but he beat them to the ball.  What I saw was not a 4.59 time.

Elite Instincts and size help with his lack of straight line speed.

3 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

so, your answer is there aren't any.  got it

My answer is you’re more concerned with 2 inches than you should be, unless you’re trying compensate for a lack of something. Either way he’s gonna play Outside Cornerback whether you like it or not and if you refuse to do any independent research or listen to what the coach said about him, I’ll paraphrase “I was wrong, he can play on the outside” then you’re simply gonna keep believing what you want.

8 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

“We want to put pressure on the Quarterback and we want to protect ours and run the ball” - Douglas and Saleh 

“Sauce at 4” - Jets fans 

lol what 

It's not a question of wanting a CB over a DE, it is a question of taking the best CB prospect IF Hutch and Thibs are gone.  I, for one, am not sold on JJ or any other DE at 4 if Hutch and Thibs are gone.  I'd rather have a blue chip prospect like Sauce.  But if you are sold on getting JJ or any other DE at 4 that is your opinion.  The quote about pressuring the QB does not implicitly state that they would draft a DE at 4 just that it is important to address the need.  If the board falls a certain way, JD may wait until round 2 to get a DE.  We just don't know.

11 minutes ago, xrade said:

If we needed that then sure but I think they’re content with what they did on the backend for now. I think they really like Joyner.