Offseason - Around the NFL

WizardHawk

Holy ish… I want to trade Dak so much RN.  I think the Commanders have an interest and if we could get a Wilson hall for Dak, we could do some serious damage if McClay is on his a game.  Let’s not forget that Cooper Rush played as well as Dak did down the stretch.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

I...don't think he is good anymore (and playing hurt may have absolutely clouded my judgement). So really interesting move for Denver. I don't think this changes the landscape much. They move from Team #4 in the AFC West to team #3 in the AFC West. Yay?

I disagree.  Wilson’s mobility covered up a lot of warts in Seattle.  I like the broncos WRs.  They torched or defense pretty good.   Just get Wilson a decent OL and a defense and they will contend.

2 minutes ago, The_Slamman said:

I disagree.  Wilson’s mobility covered up a lot of warts in Seattle.  I like the broncos WRs.  They torched or defense pretty good.   Just get Wilson a decent OL and a defense and they will contend.

Maybe.

And it also might be that the heroics of Wilson set unreal expectations. But I don't see Denver being better than either the Chargers or Chiefs going forward. AFC west is a powerhouse, though.

27 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Hmm. A ton of smart posters on this site think that Denver won the deal (I thought they over paid) - so maybe I am wrong.

Only time will tell. We he get them into AFC championship game or even a SB then it’s a win for them 

1 hour ago, D82 said:

Packers can get under the cap by simply giving ARod a $1m base salary this year along with his signing bonus.  so his current  $46M cap number is what is bringing them over the cap will be greatly massaged this year.  2023 and beyond though, they will be losing good players unless there is a huge spike in the cap.