Offseason - Around the NFL

WizardHawk

1 hour ago, textaz03 said:

Packers are selling their souls, 1st and 2nd and 3rd born children and much more for Rodgers. Their hands are going to be tied for years on salary too 

good lord

And why wouldn’t they? 

You guys seem confused on who deserves these types of contracts. It isn’t the Daks or Kirk Cousins... it’s the truly elites.

He has been awarded the Most Valuable Player of the year in the National Football League TWO years in a row. Dak had a pretty good year last year statistically at 37 TDs and just 10 ints.

Arod has 85 TDs and 9 interceptions over the last 2 years. 

2rpVslf.jpg

His age obviously hasn’t hurt him to much performance wise.

These are the types of guys you give the big contracts to because you know as long as you have him you can win. He doesn’t need a bunch of help. I understand Adams is good but ARod won MVP in 2014 when Adams was a rookie with 400 yards and 3 TDs. Arod won the SB in 2010 when Adams graduated High school. 

Leave it to Dallas fans who have been absolutely destroyed and tea bagged by Arod his whole career to praise the Dak signing and admonish Arod signing a similar deal. 

I don’t care about age. If we had Arod over the next 4 years instead of Dak our chances of being a good team get better. 

Edited by DaBoys
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

And why wouldn’t they? 

You guys seem confused on who deserves these types of contracts. It isn’t the Daks or Kirk Cousins... it’s the truly elites.

He has the been awarded the Most Valuable Player of they year in the National Football League TWO years in a row. Dak had a pretty good year last year statistically at 37 TDs and just 10 ints.

Arod has 85 TDs and 9 interceptions over the last 2 years. 

2rpVslf.jpg

His age obviously hasn’t hurt him to much performance wise.

These are the types of guys you give the big contracts to because you know as long as you have him you can win. He doesn’t need a bunch of help. I understand Adams is good but ARod won MVP in 2014 when Adams was a rookie with 400 yards and 3 TDs. Arod won the SB in 2010 when Adams graduated High school. 

Leave it to Dallas fans who have been absolutely destroyed and tea bagged by Arod his whole career to praise the Dak signing and admonish Arod signing a similar deal. 

I don’t care about age. If we had Arod over the next 4 years instead of Dak our chances of being a good team get better. 

He's turning 39 years old in December and father time (outside of Tom Brady) is undefeated and waits for no man. 

Can you list me 5 QBs who've ever performed and at an elite level after the age of 40? 

1.) Tom Brady. 

2.)

3.)

4.)

5.) 

MVP Today and will fall off an NFL CLIFF Tomorrow. 

Imo no soon to be 39/40 QB is worth a four year extension worth $200 million @ $50M per year while making Aaron Rodgers the highest paid player (by average annual value) in NFL History. 

Just because Tom Brady did it, doesn't mean Aaron Rodgers can (or will).

PS: Green Bay wet the bed by pissing away an extremely valuable 1st round draft pick by drafting a career backup QB Jordan Love (instead of providing Aaron Rodgers with an elite Tee Higgins type of WR weapon). 

$200M over the next 4 years? Awful. 

Edited by DefenseWinsChampionships

3 minutes ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

He's turning 39 years old in December and father time (outside of Tom Brady) is undefeated and waits for no man. 

Can you list me 5 QBs who've ever performed and at an elite level after the age of 40? 

1.) Tom Brady. 

2.)

3.)

4.)

5.) 

MVP Today and will fall off an NFL CLIFF Tomorrow. 

Imo no soon to be 39/40 QB is worth a four year extension worth $200 million @ $50M per year while making Aaron Rodgers the highest paid player (by average annual value) in NFL History. 

Just because Tom Brady did it, doesn't mean Aaron Rodgers can (or will).

PS: Green Bay wet the bed by pissing away an extremely valuable 1st round draft pick by drafting a career backup QB Jordan Love (instead of providing Aaron Rodgers with an elite Tee Higgins type of WR weapon). 

$200M over the next 4 years? Awful. 

Agree with this generally speaking. AR does have a few things going for him. He’s shown zero regression and hasn’t had any major, lingering injuries. Obviously that can all change pretty quickly, but this is one of the rare cases that I think you pretty easily justify.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

I think I'll have to side with GB fans on this one...

90% of their fan base on their forum is extremely pissed off right now. Those guys had their heart set on 3 1st round picks and as you're reading you'll obviously realize how upset most of them are.

$50M per until the age of 43?

so when 100% of the Dallas fanbase told you Schultz isnt worth the money? When 100% of this site told you Amari isnt a HOF type receiver? When 100% of this site told you Zeke is declining? When 100% of this site told you Demarcus Ware will go to the HOF.

Now you want to quote people on this site. SMH.

17 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Impressive haul for Seattle. It was time for an overhaul and a change of scenery for RW.

I...don't think he is good anymore (and playing hurt may have absolutely clouded my judgement). So really interesting move for Denver. I don't think this changes the landscape much. They move from Team #4 in the AFC West to team #3 in the AFC West. Yay?

Edited by Texas_OutLaw7
  • Like 1