Offseason - Around the NFL

WizardHawk

I wonder what @Matts4313have to say about the Rams now? So opposed to what the Rams did in FA, talking about “the Rams having won sheet” and now look at them. But like I said during the season, that’s how you go after a Super Bowl. Making moves to win. Not being scared of FAs like the Dallas frauds are. Rams know what to do to build a SB winning team, unlike the frauds. 

Edited by Tony7188

23 hours ago, Tony7188 said:

I wonder what @Matts4313have to say about the Rams now? So opposed to what the Rams did in FA but like I said before, that’s how you go after a Super Bowl. Not being scared of FAs like the Dallas frauds are. Rams know what to do to build a team, unlike the frauds. 

Well they also lost twice to the team that showed Dallas out of the playoffs this year, so there’s that. If only our team had 3 cracks at it.

You guys know you don’t need to support the team if you hate it so much, right? If you’re gonna be whipped by the media then maybe do something for your emotional health and jump on someone’s bandwagon. Rams are probably a popular choice right now if you’re interested.

Edited by NoFlyZone
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Northland said:

Ticky tacky calls at the end but the refs completely missed OPI on Higgins.  He clearly grabbed Ramsey's facemask.

Ramsey also got away with blatant DPI in the end zone earlier in the game. They were letting them play up until the end where they decided they were going to be ticky-tacky. 

Edited by NoFlyZone

4 minutes ago, Tony7188 said:

I wonder what @Matts4313have to say about the Rams now? So opposed to what the Rams did in FA, talking about “the Rams having won sheet” and now look at them. But like I said during the season, that’s how you go after a Super Bowl. Making moves to win. Not being scared of FAs like the Dallas frauds are. Rams know what to do to build a SB winning team, unlike the frauds. 

I liked the acquisition of Stafford.  When they acquired OBJ and Miller I said win or lose I admire a club that goes all in.  Good for the Rams.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Northland said:

Ticky tacky calls at the end but the refs completely missed OPI on Higgins.  He clearly grabbed Ramsey's facemask.

Consistency. All I and most fans ask for. If you’re going to let them go at it, let them go at it all game.

Don’t wait till the end of the game and call something that effects the outcome of the game so blatantly. It’s BS.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NoFlyZone said:

Well they also lost twice to the team that showed Dallas out of the playoffs this year, so there’s that. If only our team had 3 cracks it.

You guys know you don’t need to support the team if you hate it so much, right? If you’re gonna be whipped by the media then maybe do something for your emotional health and jump on someone’s bandwagon. Rams are probably a popular choice right now if you’re interested.

Despite the incredible hype surrounding the Cowboys seemingly every year, since their last Superbowl Dallas has averaged a playoff victory every 6.5 years.  I would have the following phrase plastered all over the dressing room, practice facility and anywhere the players gather: Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard. For what it's worth I'm off the bandwagon.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, D82 said:

Consistency. All I and most fans ask for. If you’re going to let them go at it, let them go at it all game.

Don’t wait till the end of the game and call something that effects the outcome of the game so blatantly. It’s BS.

I don't disagree.  The entire season has been marred by questionable officiating.

5 minutes ago, Northland said:

I liked the acquisition of Stafford.  When they acquired OBJ and Miller I said win or lose I admire a club that goes all in.  Good for the Rams.  

Exactly my point. I loved that they went all in and said “screw the cap” we are going for that SB. After the failure against the Pats they identified their weakness and made the changes.

Unlike the Cowboys. Stafford was available and Brady was 2 years ago. Instead of those moves we’re stuck in mediocrity.

8 minutes ago, Northland said:

Despite the incredible hype surrounding the Cowboys seemingly every year, since their last Superbowl Dallas has averaged a playoff victory every 6.5 years.  I would have the following phrase plastered all over the dressing room, practice facility and anywhere the players gather: Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard. For what it's worth I'm off the bandwagon.

The hype from where? You’re talking about the most hated franchise in the league. It’s not like anyone at all has been talking about this team going all the way… certainly not anyone outside of the franchise. The NFL world treats this team as more of a verbal punching bag than some team that is held in some sort of high regard. The team is underrated right now, if anything. They were one of the best in the NFC and unfortunately fell short. That’s all there is to it. Think about how far they came in just a year. The dramatization and tears of self-hatred have been a little much. You guys write your own narrative… or at least embrace it from the outside media. 

Edited by NoFlyZone

9 minutes ago, D82 said:

Well that’s true officiating has been suspect in Dallas games. But the team has to rise above it. They have the talent to do so.

14 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

The hype from where? You’re talking about the most hated franchise in the league. It’s not like anyone at all has been talking about this team going all the way… certainly not anyone outside of the franchise. The NFL world treats this team as more of a verbal punching bag than some team that is held in some sort of high regard. The team is underrated right now, if anything. They were one of the best in the NFC and unfortunately fell short. That’s all there is to it. The dramatization and tears of self-hatred have been a little much. You guys write your own narrative… or at least embrace it from the outside media. 

There was a time when the team was hated.  I think they are pitied now. The fans are hated.  Delusional best describes them. Every year all I hear is this is the year; it's a deep playoff run for sure.  God help you if you critique the Cowboys.  Do you really believe they were one of the best in the NFC?  Their record was aided by a lot of wins against less than stellar opponents.   For all of the great drafting and Pro Bowlers the one constant has been failure.  I mean they have not even come close to contending for a championship.  What is your explanation for almost 30 years of absolute futility?

Edited by Northland

18 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

Well they also lost twice to the team that showed Dallas out of the playoffs this year, so there’s that. If only our team had 3 cracks it.

Like it or not, the Rams went to the SB in 2014 (beating Dallas on the way) and since then, upgraded at QB. They’ve upgraded at various positions and now they won a SB.

The cold hard fact is that the Rams showed how to build a SB team. The frauds are ran like a country club and Jerry Jones will continue crippling this team until he’s gone. One day the team will have a real GM and come close to what the Rams have done. Hopefully Micah Parsons and co. will not have their careers wasted like Romo, Dez, Witten and Ware was.