Trade rumor/suggestion thread

resilient part 2

35 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

umm why? We could sign someone better than Exum w/o giving up anything.

It amounts to a trade b/c Utah would match anyway.  Not seeing anything good on the market right now.  I would trade for Dinwiddie if the price is right.

2 minutes ago, Bianconero said:

Bender IS a bust and Chandler and Lin are both on their last years and fill a huge need for both teams 

Yeah...

Ok...so at the very least, the Chandler/Lin swap is a wash so why are the Suns throwing in Bender?  Hell, if he's a bust, why do are asking for Bender in return?

Just now, CWood21 said:

Ok...so at the very least, the Chandler/Lin swap is a wash so why are the Suns throwing in Bender?  Hell, if he's a bust, why do are asking for Bender in return?

Because Kenny Atkinson is regarded as the best developmental coach in the NBA

Take as many fallen angels as possible

--

A wash + a bust is "not even close" though

Just now, Bianconero said:

Because Kenny Atkinson is regarded as the best developmental coach in the NBA

Take as many fallen angels as possible

--

A wash + a bust is "not even close" though

Because Jeremy Lin played in ONE game last year, and at this point I'd actually make the argument that Tyson Chandler is more valuable than Jeremy Lin.  What possible motivation does Phoenix have to do this deal?

Just now, CWood21 said:

Because Jeremy Lin played in ONE game last year, and at this point I'd actually make the argument that Tyson Chandler is more valuable than Jeremy Lin.  What possible motivation does Phoenix have to do this deal?

You know exactly why - Phoenix does not have a true PG (or veteran PG) on their roster and a surplus of young bigs

3 minutes ago, Bianconero said:

You know exactly why - Phoenix does not have a true PG (or veteran PG) on their roster and a surplus of young bigs

Yeah.  It's a half-thought out logic to justify a bad trade.  Best case scenario, the Suns are swapping expiring contracts and throwing in a young player for the heck of it.  A Chandler/Lin swap alone would be fine, but you want the Suns to throw in a young player?  Not going to happen.

Just now, CWood21 said:

Yeah.  It's a half-thought out logic to justify a bad trade.  Best case scenario, the Suns are swapping expiring contracts and throwing in a young player for the heck of it.  A Chandler/Lin swap alone would be fine, but you want the Suns to throw in a young player?  Not going to happen.

I'm not arguing with you, especially regarding a D-level trade proposal - it's senseless every time

I wish I thought to post the Dwight-Mozgov proposal to hear how impossible that would have been too

Just now, Bianconero said:

I'm not arguing with you, especially regarding a D-level trade proposal - it's senseless every time

I wish I thought to post the Dwight-Mozgov proposal to hear how impossible that would have been too

Because that's not something we as fans can really value correctly.  That came from a mandate from ownership.  It's kinda like expecting players take a pay cut.  Unless there is a legitimate reason to believe that's going to happen, it's not something you can expect.

Archived