Trade rumor/suggestion thread

resilient part 2

6 hours ago, YoungJefe said:

You'd likely only be giving up Jordan Clarkson, Collin Sexton, and a draft pick. That really isn't much for a proven 20+ ppg scorer in his prime that can shoot, distribute, and create his own offense. You guys are over valuing Sexton, he definitely has potential but he's far from a sure thing. You're basically giving up one guy with potential, a role player, and a late first round pick for a guy that's going to immediately be your second option and make your offense significantly better. 

Except for the fact that even if LeBron did decide to opt-in trading all that just to watch Walker and LeBron potentially leave the  following year isn't worth it.  Better to keep Sexton and other assets for when LeBron does leave than trade them away and still not win a title.  Also we were fine offensively, it was defensively that we got destroyed, something that Walker won't help with but Sexton might.

14 minutes ago, Raves said:

Sexton might.

he would have to get a lot better for that to happen. He has the tools to be a good/great defender but he wasn't in college. He wasn't bad but his reputation comes more from his competitiveness than what he did on the court. 

Three team trade:

Suns give: Bender, Bucks 1st,
Suns get: Lonzo, Deng contract

Lakers give: Lonzo, Deng, Ingram, future LA 1st
Lakers get: Kawhi 

Spurs give: Kawhi
Spurs get: Ingram, Bender, Bucks 1st, LA 1st

I'm pretty sure it works out financially. Lakers can go after PG (or CP3) and Bron to go with Kawhi and Kuzma. Idk if that is enough for the Spurs tho. Maybe we give them Warren instead of Bender, not sure I would do that tho if I were the Suns.

edit: actually the Suns keep Bender and the Lakers give the Spurs Hart too. They are getting Kawhi out of this. 

RE Kawhi: Think Lakers need to send a big package to the Spurs if they want to get a trade done this offseason. Ingram, Kuzma +++. Seems the Spurs don't want to send him to their direct contender, as the Lakers would be. And I believe there will definitely be another team willing to roll the dice that they could convince Kawhi to stay. Even more so if PG stays in Oklahoma, when he was originally thought 99% chance of being a rental.

If you're a crappy team that's been rolling in the mud for a while, you take a risk if you could acquire a guy on his level. Several teams could offer decent packages without gutting the team too. Philly and Phoenix come to mind.

Very few teams play the long game, as the Lakers would be doing if they insist on waiting for Kawhi to hit FA. It's just too risky, too much can happen in a year.

1 hour ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Something involving the suns is suppose to go down today. Probably then lakers getting off of deng by attaching ball. 

it would have to be a 3 team trade because we don't have enough cap to take on Deng and Lonzo w/o giving the Lakers back cap space. And the Lakers can stretch Deng so what's the point if they have to take on cap in the trade?

Just now, 11sanchez11 said:

it would have to be a 3 team trade because we don't have enough cap to take on Deng and Lonzo w/o giving the Lakers back cap space. And the Lakers can stretch Deng so what's the point if they have to take on cap in the trade?

If they take back Dudley or Tyson could they agree to a buyout and minimize the cap hit?

19 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Lakers apparently offered Ingram and a 1st for Kawhi. No wonder Spurs are stalling. They can do better than that. 

Can they?  I'm not sure they can.  Reportedly, Boston won't deal Tatum/Brown without an assurance from Kawhi, and he's not willing to give that.  They're also reluctant to give up the Kings' FRP as well, so what's their offer?  The Grizz and Clippers' FRP and salary fillers (i.e. Marcus Morris, Terry Rozier, etc.).  That's a pretty poor package.  If Boston isn't willing to deal Jaylen Brown, what makes you think they'd deal Fultz?  So if they're not dealing Fultz, it's a combination of Saric, Zhaire Smith and filler along with future picks for him.  A better package than Boston, but probably not better than the Lakers.  Having a hard time finding that mystery team to come out and make that big package for Kawhi.  I just don't see it.

1 hour ago, 11sanchez11 said:

They need to pure salary dump Luol Deng in order to acquire LeBron, PG13, and Kawhi.

Archived