Charlotte receives: 

Collin Sexton 

Jordan Clarkson 

Cavs 2020 1st 

OKC receives

George Hill

Kyle Forver

Future 2nd round pick

No from the Cavs.  If they were willing to move the #8 pick for Kemba, it would've happened before the draft, not after it unfolded.  The Cavs will run with Sexton/Love + whoever and outside of Sexton/Love + whatever, outside of a premium value for Sexton/Love, I expect the Cavs to end their roster that way.

39 minutes ago, H2ThaIzzo said:

Honestly I wouldn't mind Melo for the sheer purpose of being able to score points. OKC wasn't bad because of Melo, in fact their starting 5 was one of the best units numerically speaking the entire year, they just had no depth off the bench. I like Kemba walker a lot, but I don't want to trade Sexton. I don't see what leverage Charlotte has in trading him. He's in the final year of his deal, he probably isn't going to resign there unless something major changes, so who is going to overpay for him? I'd take on bad contracts, give up future picks, but i don't see us giving up picks and young talent to get him. 

Adding Melo and Walker would give you two players that can get buckets in key moments by creating their own offense. If LeBron is going to stay you're going to have to make some moves, if he wants Kemba it's worth trading Sexton.

1 hour ago, YoungJefe said:

Adding Melo and Walker would give you two players that can get buckets in key moments by creating their own offense. If LeBron is going to stay you're going to have to make some moves, if he wants Kemba it's worth trading Sexton.

I see maybe a 3% chance of Sexton getting traded. The guys running the team really like him, and I don't get the impression that they are open to moving him at all. Kemba Walker again is good, and would play a solid role for us, but Charlotte has no leverage in trading him currently. Everyone knows he wants out, and everyone knows he wants to play for a contender and win. What teams that are contenders or playoff caliber are being linked to him? I don't recall anyone aside for us. 

1 minute ago, Bonanza23 said:

Neither. 

Walker, a 23/6 type of player in his prime coming off his two best seasons as a pro shooting the ball would definitely help more than Sexton especially early on. Walker would give you a legitimate #2 option and a guy that can create offense for others when LeBron is off the floor. He'd essentially be Kyrie. 

9 hours ago, YoungJefe said:

Cleveland needs to convince LeBron that they can compete with the Warriors now. Who's going to help that effort more? Kemba Walker or Collin Sexton? 

Neither one really pushes the needle.  The Cavaliers got swept against the Warriors this year, and even if JR Smith didn't have the mental gaffe we'd be talking about 4-1.  Kemba Walker helps right now, but he's also a pending FA.  In terms of value, Collin Sexton and his 4+ years of team control is more valuable than Kemba Walker and his expiring contract.

30 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Neither one really pushes the needle.  The Cavaliers got swept against the Warriors this year, and even if JR Smith didn't have the mental gaffe we'd be talking about 4-1.  Kemba Walker helps right now, but he's also a pending FA.  In terms of value, Collin Sexton and his 4+ years of team control is more valuable than Kemba Walker and his expiring contract.

No one doubts the Warriors are better than the Cavs by a significant margin, but 2 games did go down to the wire and could have gone either way.  Kemba would have helped and would help more than Sexton these next 2 or 3 years.  But does Cleveland want to trade away its best prospect to get beat by less for a few seasons?  I doubt it.

14 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

No one doubts the Warriors are better than the Cavs by a significant margin, but 2 games did go down to the wire and could have gone either way.  Kemba would have helped and would help more than Sexton these next 2 or 3 years.  But does Cleveland want to trade away its best prospect to get beat by less for a few seasons?  I doubt it.

If LeBron wants to stay in Cleveland but only if they're going to improve the roster they'll pull the trigger. They traded away back to back #1 picks in Bennett and Wiggins to get Love. 

50 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

They can work on an extension before the deal, Kemba wants to win and his best bet is going to be teaming up with LeBron. You don't think Kemba Walker a 23/6 guy that hits three 3's per game at a 39% clip would've helped against the Warriors this year? He's almost as productive as Kyrie was in Cleveland and would play a similar role. 

12 hours ago, YoungJefe said:

Melo was the worst starter in the league and still thinks he’s an all star. He’s negative value. All melo would do is take shots away from Lebron and kemba. 

Archived