Trade rumor/suggestion thread

resilient part 2

6 minutes ago, utley4568 said:

Sure they can. If the Sixers offered Covington and the Heat pick or the Lakers offered Kuzma and a future first, or if the Clippers offered Tobias Harris and SGA, or if the Celtics offered Rozier and that pick, or if the Wizards offered Otto Porter and a FRP, or many other teams offering a starter and a first.

Supposedly the Lakers offer is getting worse by the day.  From what I've read, they aren't even discussing it with the Spurs anymore and apparently starting to move on.  The only thing that's kept the door from being closed is the fact that the Lakers have left a chunk of cap space open.

3 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

So like two starters and a first? Teague/Gibson/Grizz

Neither of those players has value. And neither is likely starting for the Spurs. You're basing their value on name recognition instead of their actual ability.

Just now, CWood21 said:

Supposedly the Lakers offer is getting worse by the day.  From what I've read, they aren't even discussing it with the Spurs anymore and apparently starting to move on.  The only thing that's kept the door from being closed is the fact that the Lakers have left a chunk of cap space open.

Yeah that's not too surprising. I'd be weary of Philly and LAC if I were the Lakers. I know both think they can keep him.

3 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

Thought @CWood21 mentioned Kuzma is off the table.

Wouldn't make sense if they trade Kyrie too, although Tyus Jones is going to the Celtics in this scenario.

I'm not talking about in your scenario. I'm talking about in a vacuum. 

OKC-Kevin Love

LAL-Carmelo Anthony

CLE-Deng/Singler/Ferguson/Wagner/2019 1st from LAL/2019 1st from OKC

OKC gets Love who fits in nicely with the Westbrook/George/Adams/Roberson starting group. OKC also saves quite a bit of tax penalties by making this deal as Love's contract is well less than what they are trading out. 

LAL gets an expiring contract and a player who fits what they have been picking up this offseason in veteran players on one year deals. Melo is a guy who would potentially resign after this season without demanding to take up much of their coveted cap space. They also rid themselves of Deng's ugly contract, and only give up Wagner and the upcoming seasons first round pick to make it happen.

CLE takes on a couple of contracts that help teams out west build for their futures and/or avoid a higher luxury tax penalty. Cleveland also gets two quality young players to develop, as well as two additional first round picks to rebuild with. Cleveland also has a trade exception worth about 5.5 million that if needed, they could do a separate deal and take Patrick Patterson's contract from OKC, getting them even further down as far as tax ramifications go. 

3 minutes ago, H2ThaIzzo said:

OKC-Kevin Love

LAL-Carmelo Anthony

CLE-Deng/Singler/Ferguson/Wagner/2019 1st from LAL/2019 1st from OKC

OKC gets Love who fits in nicely with the Westbrook/George/Adams/Roberson starting group. OKC also saves quite a bit of tax penalties by making this deal as Love's contract is well less than what they are trading out. 

LAL gets an expiring contract and a player who fits what they have been picking up this offseason in veteran players on one year deals. Melo is a guy who would potentially resign after this season without demanding to take up much of their coveted cap space. They also rid themselves of Deng's ugly contract, and only give up Wagner and the upcoming seasons first round pick to make it happen.

CLE takes on a couple of contracts that help teams out west build for their futures and/or avoid a higher luxury tax penalty. Cleveland also gets two quality young players to develop, as well as two additional first round picks to rebuild with. Cleveland also has a trade exception worth about 5.5 million that if needed, they could do a separate deal and take Patrick Patterson's contract from OKC, getting them even further down as far as tax ramifications go. 

I actually like this trade for everyone

28 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

That might be a little much for LA to give up (unless they're officially out on trying to trade for Kawhi), but for the most part that's a good trade for all 3.

Yeah...not sure how I feel about this.  I'm glad we're getting out of Luol Deng's contract, but this deal pretty much makes it impossible for them to deal for Kawhi.  I mean, I guess if they're moving on from him then it could make sense.

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Yeah...not sure how I feel about this.  I'm glad we're getting out of Luol Deng's contract, but this deal pretty much makes it impossible for them to deal for Kawhi.  I mean, I guess if they're moving on from him then it could make sense.

I don't see LA willing to throw in more to get Kawhi, and I dont see the Spurs backing off on their wish list. I understand not wanting to risk missing out on Kawhi, but there are going to be so many free agents next season they could potentially get with the cap space they could have. 

3 minutes ago, H2ThaIzzo said:

I don't see LA willing to throw in more to get Kawhi, and I dont see the Spurs backing off on their wish list. I understand not wanting to risk missing out on Kawhi, but there are going to be so many free agents next season they could potentially get with the cap space they could have. 

I'd agree.  Right now, we're at an impasse.  The Lakers refuse to give up Brandon Ingram, the Spurs refuse to take on Luol Deng.  I believe that's per Windhorst.  We've also heard that the Lakers are unwilling to give up Kyle Kuzma.  I think the Lakers have less motivation to make that move than the Spurs do to be honest.  Had LeBron signed a 1+1 deal, then the ball would have been back in the Spurs' court somewhat but he signed a 4 year deal instead.

Archived