Trade rumor/suggestion thread

resilient part 2

2 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Something has to give for them between Smart and Rozier. They're going to have to pick one...this would assume them picking Smart over Rozier.

I'd keep both, and honestly If I'm Boston. Just pick up Greg Monroe and the roster is deep, especially when/if Hayward returns.

PG: Kyrie Irving/ Terry Rozier/ Shane Larkin

SG: Jaylen Brown/ Marcus Mart/ *Someone?

SF: Gordon Hayward/ Jayson Tatum/ Abdel Nadar

PF: Marcus Morris/ Daniel Thesis/ Semi Ojeleye

C: Al Horford/ Greg Monroe/ Aaron Baynes

* Release/waive/buyout PF/C Geurschon Yabusele.

In the offseason Boston can make moves, or draft night with the picks they'll keep.

An though he doesn't provide much defense inside you can't let Cleveland make a trade then couple that trade with picking up Greg Monroe for inside scoring off the bench, or possibly starting even, he's better than Tristan Thompson offensively. It's almost like playing defense for Boston to pick up Greg Monroe, while just collecting talent without losing assets.

2 minutes ago, SimbaWho said:

I'd keep both, and honestly If I'm Boston. Just pick up Greg Monroe and the roster is deep, especially when/if Hayward returns.

In the offseason Boston can make moves, or draft night with the picks they'll keep.

You understand they won't be on rookie contracts forever, right? They're both going to command $12+ million annually on new contracts. Add that to the $30+ million to Horford, Hayward, and Irving. It makes no sense to have 3 PGs making that much money.

12 minutes ago, iLikeDefense said:

I think the Nurk for Plum is not a wash. Nurk is clearly a better player for POR and he's been killing us. What's worse about that trade is that he went to a rival and he's thriving there with those two guards. I don't agree with you on the cap situation, Denver is in a tough spot and needs to make a trade now. That Plumlee contract was not a smart decision at all.

I just hate that we traded away a potential star to another rival for a good role player and Lydon (who I'm not fond of and he just had knee surgery). TC took a risk and it didn't quite workout in our favor.

Nurk is not that much better, tbh, even though he is clearly much more talented. And he'd be much worse than Plumlee in the role Plumlee is playing in Denver. Trust me, I'm not a Plum fan, but he is a nice role player and very good backup C. Nurkic had a really nice post trade stretch, but he is maddeningly inconsistent and any Blazers fan will back that up. He still turns the ball over like crazy, takes bad shots, and is one of the worst post up players in the league. Very talented though. Paying him big bucks is a huge risk, esp for Portland.

I disagree with Dan's take on the Stiffs article tbh. Hope that Chandler/Arthur opt out (possible though not super likely) and if not you have to dump two contracts by next deadline. Clearly they are trying to do so in a way that they don't have to dump an asset. We'll see. This FO is too smart to let the Plumlee extension blow up their plans. I'm not worried about it tbh 

As for Mitchell, yeah it sucks lol . I get why they didn't want to add a guard at the time but it's still a mistake. Keep in mind this was before they signed Millsap as well and the PF spot was a question mark. 

1 hour ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

He’s more of a backup smallball 5. Watching him play the 4 gives brings back ugly feelings from the early 2000s. So as long as he’s used that way he’s a decent player and can help someone. 

Yeah I think Randle could be really good in NY with Porzingis or something like that. Interesting as a small ball 5 or a 4 next to a unicorn 

Just now, seminoles1 said:

You understand they won't be on rookie contracts forever, right? They're both going to command $12+ million annually on new contracts. Add that to the $30+ million to Horford, Hayward, and Irving. It makes no sense to have 3 PGs making that much money.

I know but they're going for a championship run right now. I'd just make the move/moves draft night is all I'm saying cause I think they'll have a better shot to win this year with those guys than trading them off for picks or other rotational players. They could just go for this run too offer the qualifier to Smart and let him walk if someone offers a big contract. No shame in that either. Larkin a free agent anyways.

I mean Marcus Smart for Evans straight up of coarse I'd do but I keep assuming you're tagging a pick in with Boston and I don't see them giving up a G who does well with them plus a pick for a rental. When they already have Hayward coming back from injury.

2 minutes ago, champ11 said:

Yeah I think Randle could be really good in NY with Porzingis or something like that. Interesting as a small ball 5 or a 4 next to a unicorn 

Yeah he could be good there. He's like a slightly more athletic/talented O'Quinn imo.

Lots of noise coming out of New Orleans and free agent to be C Greg Monroe. Don't have a link right now but they're making a heavy effort to sign him and help replace some interior scoring lost by Cousins. Monroe and his family are also from the area. Makes a lot of sense for him personally to go and move back home, imo the best move for a championship play is Cleveland/Houston/Boston but he's never really cared about winning from what I gathered from him as a Piston. He's gotten paid which seemed to be the biggest priority early in his life, now, who knows he seems like a guy that just wants to play and be comfortable and the best spot might be New Orleans for him. But if he's still a money guy, I think Boston can give him the biggest one year deal.

1 hour ago, SimbaWho said:

Lots of noise coming out of New Orleans and free agent to be C Greg Monroe. Don't have a link right now but they're making a heavy effort to sign him and help replace some interior scoring lost by Cousins. Monroe and his family are also from the area. Makes a lot of sense for him personally to go and move back home, imo the best move for a championship play is Cleveland/Houston/Boston but he's never really cared about winning from what I gathered from him as a Piston. He's gotten paid which seemed to be the biggest priority early in his life, now, who knows he seems like a guy that just wants to play and be comfortable and the best spot might be New Orleans for him. But if he's still a money guy, I think Boston can give him the biggest one year deal.

Home town discount vs Championship caliper team and bigger payout. (8million ish)

I really hope Monroe makes the right choice.. Boston that is..

2 hours ago, champ11 said:

Nurk is not that much better, tbh, even though he is clearly much more talented. And he'd be much worse than Plumlee in the role Plumlee is playing in Denver. Trust me, I'm not a Plum fan, but he is a nice role player and very good backup C. Nurkic had a really nice post trade stretch, but he is maddeningly inconsistent and any Blazers fan will back that up. He still turns the ball over like crazy, takes bad shots, and is one of the worst post up players in the league. Very talented though. Paying him big bucks is a huge risk, esp for Portland.

I disagree with Dan's take on the Stiffs article tbh. Hope that Chandler/Arthur opt out (possible though not super likely) and if not you have to dump two contracts by next deadline. Clearly they are trying to do so in a way that they don't have to dump an asset. We'll see. This FO is too smart to let the Plumlee extension blow up their plans. I'm not worried about it tbh 

As for Mitchell, yeah it sucks lol . I get why they didn't want to add a guard at the time but it's still a mistake. Keep in mind this was before they signed Millsap as well and the PF spot was a question mark. 

We just value each trade differently. I was meh on the Nurk trade and still am, even if he's still the inconsistent goof. Value wise wasn't that good imo. Plumlee may be better for us but straight up trade for both was not good value and then to hand out that contract.. sheesh. Good point on us not knowing Millsap would have signed with us but damn, we got Lyles and selected another PF in Lydon.

Anyways, did you see that we are interested in Collison? I'd like that but idk why Indy would trade him.

31 minutes ago, iLikeDefense said:

We just value each trade differently. I was meh on the Nurk trade and still am, even if he's still the inconsistent goof. Value wise wasn't that good imo. Plumlee may be better for us but straight up trade for both was not good value and then to hand out that contract.. sheesh. Good point on us not knowing Millsap would have signed with us but damn, we got Lyles and selected another PF in Lydon.

Anyways, did you see that we are interested in Collison? I'd like that but idk why Indy would trade him.

Yeah I mean at the end of the day they got a solid rotation piece for a couple years for a player that killed his value and couldn't stay with the team and a mid 1st round pick. Really not bad return IMO. The optics were much worse than the actual trade. But yeah I'm over it. Sucks that Nurk didn't work out, but it is what it is. Jokic wasn't supposed to turn into a star.

Would LOVE Collison. Doubt he's on the table though 

3 hours ago, SimbaWho said:

I know but they're going for a championship run right now. I'd just make the move/moves draft night is all I'm saying cause I think they'll have a better shot to win this year with those guys than trading them off for picks or other rotational players. They could just go for this run too offer the qualifier to Smart and let him walk if someone offers a big contract. No shame in that either. Larkin a free agent anyways.

I mean Marcus Smart for Evans straight up of coarse I'd do but I keep assuming you're tagging a pick in with Boston and I don't see them giving up a G who does well with them plus a pick for a rental. When they already have Hayward coming back from injury.

No thanks on Smart.  I wouldn't want or expect a pick with Rozier.  I'd take Evans for Rozier straight up, and I think Memphis would as well.

Archived