29 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

San Antonio receives:
LeBron James
Dwyane Wade
Cedi Osman

Cleveland receives:
Kawhi Leonard
Tony Parker

Makes no sense for SA as LeBron leaves this offseason. Biggest reason he would go to SA is to play with Kawhi. 

Even with Kawhi's potential disconnect with the team, he will be on the team for next year. 

5 hours ago, SimbaWho said:

Couldn't help myself. Cav's need help, Pistons need help, Hornets need talent, and this trade doesn't screw up the George Hill deal imo.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine

Trade machine hates it but I think it's ok for Cleveland, they get some interior defense and perimeter defense in Howard/Bradley, also good outside shooting to space the floor with Bradley/Williams outside of the shooters they have already. Also dump a terrible contract without giving up any picks. Could get better picks though if they dealt Kevin Love straight up. This move allows them to dump TONS of money in the next two years though.

Pistons get a healthy PG to make a playoff push and save Stan Van Gundy's job. Absorb a bad contract and give up a late pick.

Hornets get the All-Star they want when it's basically known they have to deal Kemba Walker or watch him walk for nothing. Also keep a starting PG to pair with Kevin Love who they can build around and exchange a year less in bad contracts with Thompson/Zeller, while also saving 4 million up front.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine

Good PG who can guard both guard positions rather effectively. HE may or may not start but could play with basically anyone. Move two guys that are bit of one trick pony's/misfits and get a guy who can do a lot of things

Not sure this is a better roster for Cleveland really but it's better defensively, and can allow them to bring in different players this offseason to surround Lebron with, of if he leaves, to completely rebuild with.  

Charlotte can basically play the young fellas and go idle for the year, also have two open roster spots, to sign who ever they want to develop or get a look at, after teams start waiving players when more trades are made.

Idk how much better Pistons really are without Braldey and adding Walker but it's a way to shake things up for Stan Van Gundy in an attempt to save his job.

The whole point for Charlotte is clearing Cap space while picking up a young asset. That doesn't happen here.

8 minutes ago, Supersuavesky said:

The whole point for Charlotte is clearing Cap space while picking up a young asset. That doesn't happen here.

I don't really understand the cap thing, no offense but do they think they can actually get someone to go there? Or are they in the luxury tax?

Just now, 11sanchez11 said:

I don't really understand the cap thing, no offense but do they think they can actually get someone to go there? Or are they in the luxury tax?

Luxury. Mainly the Nic Batum deal.

They effectively paying him 20 mil a year to do nothing. Jeremy Lamb would be starting without him.

The Kemba trade thing, according to sources, was mostly overblown. They were looking for takers for contracts and Kemba's name kept coming up. They aren't actively looking to move him unless they get what effectively amounts to a No. 1 option.

They really just want to shed salary. 

14 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

I was thinking the same. In this trade they easily get the best player in the deal, a starting PG, shed four-five million per year, and exchange 1 less year in bad contracts from Zeller to Thompson. All while keeping assets.

It's not like anyone can seriously expect a team to pick up one of the Hornets bad contracts without adding there 1st round pick or throwing in Kemba Walker. Speak up if you want Nicholas Batum, Cody Zeller? IF you wanna dump Howard/Marvin Williams for late picks that's an option but again themselves or even together aren't worth much in a trade with the salary.

Only source I seen that says the Kemba thing is overblown is Michael Jordan and his comments. I've seen multiple teams linked to trades with Kemba and one place I seen said there was at least a discussion between the Spurs/Hornets about Walker/Leonard deal but never got too serious.

1 hour ago, seminoles1 said:

Charlotte doesn't have the assets to make a fair offer for Kawhi.

Yeah I mean I agree they need to get some assets through trades or trade for a solid player they can resell to there fans like... KEVIN LOVE. The cap space isn't going to help outside of moving Nicholas Batum, and that'll prolly require there 1st round pick. Even then, what are they going to use it for?

If they'd be willing I'd take Batum and a Hornet unprotected 1st for  SG Avery Bradley and PF Jon Leuer. * Doing moves like this though is how you become the Brooklyn Nets... :$

2 hours ago, SimbaWho said:

Yeah I mean I agree they need to get some assets through trades or trade for a solid player they can resell to there fans like... KEVIN LOVE. The cap space isn't going to help outside of moving Nicholas Batum, and that'll prolly require there 1st round pick. Even then, what are they going to use it for?

If they'd be willing I'd take Batum and a Hornet unprotected 1st for  SG Avery Bradley and PF Jon Leuer. * Doing moves like this though is how you become the Brooklyn Nets... :$

Kevin Love won't be a resell. They aren't taking an aging injured player for that.

Hoping to get an all star player back from Kemba is pushing it. He is a borderline all star player himself, not like he is a superstar or anything. What they should be hoping for is to get back a top 5-8ish draft pick while clearing some cap space. 

18 hours ago, Supersuavesky said:

Kevin Love won't be a resell. They aren't taking an aging injured player for that.

17 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Hoping to get an all star player back from Kemba is pushing it. He is a borderline all star player himself, not like he is a superstar or anything. What they should be hoping for is to get back a top 5-8ish draft pick while clearing some cap space. 

My point is... how the hell can they honestly do that without giving up anything? Super is basically suggesting what you just said but no one's signing up to take Marvin Williams/Cody Zeller/ Dwight Howard, or Nicholas Batum and GIVE up a 1st rounder. It's like a fairy-tale dream for all Hornet fans that this happens.

Most likely scenario is they are flat out terrible for the next 2-6 years, cause they'll make no moves and try to rely on drafting.

This is shades of Jerry West with the Monta/??? (the name is escaping me but they were basically the two big names in Golden State at the time) trade.  I don't know how confident I am in Jerry being able to pull off a repeat of what he did up north, but this feels like a similar start regardless.

4 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

In the meantime I figure the Clippers are about to have a fire sale of sorts DeAndre Jordan Lou Williams D Rivers I wonder where they will all end up?

I honestly can’t see Lou going for much. Teams see right though his no defense playing in a contract year. 

Archived