Conley
DeRozan
Blake
Klay
Love
Gobert
Jordan

***Excludes rookies and players who are out for the season

Just to bump him out of the top 25, because I could name more, but Oladipo.

6 minutes ago, utley4568 said:

Just to bump him out of the top 25, because I could name more, but Oladipo.

Eh, maybe. But if we're talking one seasons worth of production and focusing on this year, you can just as easily bump out guys like Conley, Gobert and Love.

And yes, there may even be other guys you could make a legitimate argument for being in the top 25. But the point is you can make just as valid an argument for Jordan, as well. So, regardless of whether you want to bump that number out to the top 30 or 35 for integrity's sake, the underlying point remains that Jordan is still among the best players currently in the league (and thus worthy of commanding a lottery pick, especially one that is outside of the top 10).

6 minutes ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Eh, maybe. But if we're talking one seasons worth of production and focusing on this year, you can just as easily bump out guys like Conley, Gobert and Love.

And yes, there may even be other guys you could make a legitimate argument for being in the top 25. But the point is you can make just as valid an argument for Jordan, as well. So, regardless of whether you want to bump that number out to the top 30 or 35 for integrity's sake, the underlying point remains that Jordan is still among the best players currently in the league (and thus worthy of commanding a lottery pick, especially one that is outside of the top 10).

Except there is no argument. You're telling me you would take Jordan over any of those guys? I can name more later when I get the chance to sit down and think about this if you'd like.

1 minute ago, utley4568 said:

Except there is no argument. You're telling me you would take Jordan over any of those guys? I can name more later when I get the chance to sit down and think about this if you'd like.

Omg, I don't give a damn about where he is ranked. You're completely missing the point I was trying to make when evaluating his worth in relation to the Brooklyn pick.

22 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

This might be a better way of framing it, is Deandre a MAX player?

Well that's a bit of a loaded question because if he gets traded to Cleveland, they retain his bird rights, and given that he'll have 10+ years of experience that means he'll be eligible for a deal that pays him up to 35% of the cap annually w/ 8% annual raises each year thereafter. So in that sense, he's definitely not worth a max deal. But is he worth what he's currently being paid ~$24M/year? Absolutely.

In the hypothetical scenario where the Cavs trade for him, if the trade works and leads to success for the team and LeBron ends up staying next year, Jordan can probably be retained for a similar salary (obviously extrapolated over however many years in the form of an extension). And if it doesn't work and LeBron ends up leaving, assuming Jordan opts out, that's $24M worth of cap spacing coming off the books, which lends itself to a major rebuild. Either way it's a win-win for the Cavs.

3 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

This might be a better way of framing it, is Deandre a MAX player?

In today's NBA I don't think he's worth that cap space. Better to build around perimeter players and unicorn bigs and try to find a Dedmon type on the cheap as a rim protector/ runner. But for certain teams maybe.

3 hours ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Omg, I don't give a damn about where he is ranked. You're completely missing the point I was trying to make when evaluating his worth in relation to the Brooklyn pick.

Jordan isn't worth a top ten pick.

3 hours ago, Darkness said:

Hill starting with Thomas as 6th man would be almost as good as it gets for the PG position on a LeBron team. We’ll see if Lue has the balls to make that change

It really would be best.  They shouldn't feel any loyalty to Thomas since he's a free agent and they probably won't even re-sign him anyways, so making that change would be good for them.

Archived