Trade rumor/suggestion thread

resilient part 2

38 minutes ago, Texasmade said:

Any chance Orlando would be willing to include Isaac in a deal to dump some contracts?

They shouldn't even consider that. 

Also I don't really know how to gage Kemba he plays like a tier 1 PG against Toronto. He is someone I don't necessarily want to face but when I did my somewhat controversial PG rankings I think I ranked him 11th or 12th just missing my top 10 and I don't know if that was fair either. Either way he's below the top PGs and below most of if not all the next level guys. 

Kemba is easily a top 10 PG.

I'd go after him and Lamb if I were Cleveland, even if it meant taking Williams (shooting 46% from 3 this year!  I had no idea) and giving up the Brooklyn pick.  They should hedge against Brooklyn getting closer to #10 than top 3, and with Russell returning that could easily happen.

21 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

I'd go after him and Lamb if I were Cleveland, even if it meant taking Williams (shooting 46% from 3 this year!  I had no idea) and giving up the Brooklyn pick.  They should hedge against Brooklyn getting closer to #10 than top 3, and with Russell returning that could easily happen.

I'll put him 8th or 9th depending on if we are counting Harden or not. I just can't put him in the top 7/8. 

Although Brooklyn keeps winning and again just now tonight Cavs still seem very reluctant to move that pick. I think it was Windhorst or someone who brought up the Cavs having been so lucky and got 2 #1 overall picks when they were in the 7 or 8 odds range that they'd still want to test their luck. 

6 minutes ago, kyle21121 said:

I'll put him 8th or 9th depending on if we are counting Harden or not. I just can't put him in the top 7/8. 

Although Brooklyn keeps winning and again just now tonight Cavs still seem very reluctant to move that pick. I think it was Windhorst or someone who brought up the Cavs having been so lucky and got 2 #1 overall picks when they were in the 7 or 8 odds range that they'd still want to test their luck. 

Harden is tough to count. These are the only PGs I'd for sure take over Walker.

Curry
CP3
Westbrook
Wall
Lillard
Irving
*Harden

Lowry and Walker next.

I don't think Cleveland would trade it, but I would for the right deal.  Charlotte can be the right deal depending on the other pieces.

42 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Kemba, Lamb, Williams 

for 

Nets pick, Shumpert, JR Swish, Frye

works financially. 

Would make things interesting

1 hour ago, kyle21121 said:

They shouldn't even consider that. 

Figured as much. There's been some buzz the past couple days about the Mavs and Magic making a deal, and there's really not one that doesn't include a 1st rounder  (which obviously isn't going to happen) or Isaac. 

11 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Kemba, Lamb, Williams 

for 

Nets pick, Shumpert, JR Swish, Frye

works financially. 

Would make things interesting

I don't think Charlotte would take back Smith.  It'd completely negate getting rid of Williams (not to mention he's worse and more expensive).  It'd have to be Thomas and a few vets instead of Smith.

Charlotte receives:
Iman Shumpert
Channing Frye
Isaiah Thomas
Derrick Rose
Jose Calderon
2018 Brooklyn 1st Round Pick

Cleveland receives:
Kemba Walker
Jeremy Lamb
Marvin Williams

Cleveland would need to find another PG in free agency or do a separate trade using a Trade Exception in order to clear some money to keep either Rose or Calderon.  They could also shop Crowder around and see if any team is willing to give up a late 1st or a couple 2nds.  New Orleans, San Antonio, or OKC maybe?

32 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

I don't think Charlotte would take back Smith.  It'd completely negate getting rid of Williams (not to mention he's worse and more expensive).  It'd have to be Thomas and a few vets instead of Smith.

Charlotte receives:
Iman Shumpert
Channing Frye
Isaiah Thomas
Derrick Rose
Jose Calderon
2018 Brooklyn 1st Round Pick

Cleveland receives:
Kemba Walker
Jeremy Lamb
Marvin Williams

Cleveland would need to find another PG in free agency or do a separate trade using a Trade Exception in order to clear some money to keep either Rose or Calderon.  They could also shop Crowder around and see if any team is willing to give up a late 1st or a couple 2nds.  New Orleans, San Antonio, or OKC maybe?

Lmao chill with these terrible trade proposals. 

17 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Cleveland receives:
George Hill

Sacramento receives:
Iman Shumpert
Channing Frye

Cleveland would still need to get rid of some of their guards.  I think Sacramento would want Osman.

Yeah this is likely the deal though I'd hold out hope of getting Cleveland's 1st(late 20'ish) but with them also interested in DAJ, don't see that happening. Kings likely just want to get out from under the Hill contract since he just hasn't been a good fit with this roster at all

Here comes a very Knicks alert, according to reports Charlotte has looked at the Knicks as a preferred destination for Walker and have even gone out of their way to engage in talks (per Ian Begley).

It would be very Knicks like to sabotage a slow rebuild, but Walker and Porzingis P&R would be a site to behold. 

I saw an interesting trade idea posted in an article: 

Hornets Get

Enes Kanter, Frank Ntilikina, Doug McDermott, Jarrett Jack, Ron Baker, & 2018 Lottery Protected 1st Round (Top 8 Protected in 2019, Unprotected in 2020), 2019 2nd Round Pick (Protected 31-45/31-34 in 2020/Unprotected in 2021, if selection is not conveyed before 2021 the Hornets also receive the Knicks 2022 2nd Rounder) 

Knicks Get

Kemba Walker, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, & Marvin Williams. 

It works out financially for both teams. The Hornets save about 8m on incoming salaries, and Kanter/McDermott/Jack are all FAs after the season, so they get a ton of cap relief this offseason. On top of making their squad significantly worse than the Magic and the Hawks. They will contend for the #1 pick and potentially have another Pick in the 15-22 range. The real draw for the Hornets beside the relief for the Hornets comes with Frank Ntilikina and the potential of adding another selection this year, and unless the Knicks fall completely flat on their face they'll be forking over the pick sooner rather than later. 

Only problem I see for the Knicks is you are kind of maxed out in terms of what you are able to add to Walker+Porzingis when you take MKG/Williams in as well. THJ would be fine as a third wheel, while MKG & O'Quinn (who would be the starter with Kanter gone) would complement the rest of the starting line up pretty well since they're tough defenders. Is a starting lineup of Walker/THJ/MKG/Porzingis/O'Quinn with a bench of Lance Thomas, Courtney Lee, Marvin Williams, and Michael Beasley good enough to challenge Toronto, or Boston? Idk, but it would be fun to watch as a Knicks' fan. 

19 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Lmao chill with these terrible trade proposals. 

I'm bored and currently can't stop messing with the trade machine.  I go through phases.

I don't think that's a terrible trade, but oh well.  Cleveland gets better and younger.  I do understand being hesitant considering Brooklyn is 1 losing streak away from having the 4th worst record, but I think it's very unlikely they end up that high.

27 minutes ago, YogiBiz said:

Here comes a very Knicks alert, according to reports Charlotte has looked at the Knicks as a preferred destination for Walker and have even gone out of their way to engage in talks (per Ian Begley).

It would be very Knicks like to sabotage a slow rebuild, but Walker and Porzingis P&R would be a site to behold. 

I saw an interesting trade idea posted in an article: 

Hornets Get

Enes Kanter, Frank Ntilikina, Doug McDermott, Jarrett Jack, Ron Baker, & 2018 Lottery Protected 1st Round (Top 8 Protected in 2019, Unprotected in 2020), 2019 2nd Round Pick (Protected 31-45/31-34 in 2020/Unprotected in 2021, if selection is not conveyed before 2021 the Hornets also receive the Knicks 2022 2nd Rounder) 

Knicks Get

Kemba Walker, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, & Marvin Williams. 

It works out financially for both teams. The Hornets save about 8m on incoming salaries, and Kanter/McDermott/Jack are all FAs after the season, so they get a ton of cap relief this offseason. On top of making their squad significantly worse than the Magic and the Hawks. They will contend for the #1 pick and potentially have another Pick in the 15-22 range. The real draw for the Hornets beside the relief for the Hornets comes with Frank Ntilikina and the potential of adding another selection this year, and unless the Knicks fall completely flat on their face they'll be forking over the pick sooner rather than later. 

Only problem I see for the Knicks is you are kind of maxed out in terms of what you are able to add to Walker+Porzingis when you take MKG/Williams in as well. THJ would be fine as a third wheel, while MKG & O'Quinn (who would be the starter with Kanter gone) would complement the rest of the starting line up pretty well since they're tough defenders. Is a starting lineup of Walker/THJ/MKG/Porzingis/O'Quinn with a bench of Lance Thomas, Courtney Lee, Marvin Williams, and Michael Beasley good enough to challenge Toronto, or Boston? Idk, but it would be fun to watch as a Knicks' fan. 

My god that would be bad. I’d rather have Frankie long term than kemba. Kemba isn’t changing anything for the Knicks. He’s not Chris Paul. Give me the Pg who actually plays defense and has tons of room to grow. Kemba is what he is at this point. Giving up those picks would be crazy too. 

Archived