Trade rumor/suggestion thread

resilient part 2

10 hours ago, Darkness said:

Holiday

Thompson

Green

Cousins

That core 4 would fit together perfectly on both ends. Would be dumb for the Warriors to help create their biggest threat. 

That would be a good group, but it's still miles away from a Curry/Durant/Davis group.

17 hours ago, DirtyDez said:

Forget the pick's value, is there a player in the league that you could add to Cleveland to make them the favorites?

Been pounding this drum for a while.  I think the Warriors lap the field right now.  Even if Durant went down for the season I think they still go through the playoffs sweeping first two rounds and winning the conference+finals in 10-11 games.  

If Durant goes down and the Cavs added Kawhi, I think the Cavs might have a chance at a 7 game series [and lose].  

Warriors are loaded, but worse yet, the Cavs just have a massive matchup issue.  The Cavs wouldn't be able to win starting both IT and Love (with nothing be said for JR's defense this year either).  Not only can the Cavs not guard them, they have two guys who are massive negatives on defense.

On 1/14/2018 at 12:36 PM, Deadpulse said:

I dont think the talent is even on both sides, but I think its win win simply because it gives the Pelicans a big 3 and it would extend the Warriors dominant run with lessening the amount of guys they need to pay. Sure, they lose something with Klay gone, but AD is a better overall player than both. 

On 1/14/2018 at 12:30 PM, resilient part 2 said:

Although just a rumor the talk of Anthony Davis being traded for Draymond Green and Klay Thompson came about. Would Golden State benefit from that trade considering they have to pay Klay Thompson Max contract soon and Anthony Davis is a super Elite Talent with Draymond Green being reasonably replaced by Jordan Bell. IS This a win-win trade a win-lose trade or a lose-lose trade?

I think you're both right.  The Warriors owner can't feasibly pay both Green and Klay what they're worth.  I don't see them both taking 5-10 million per year discounts for the team.  But even then, Davis is so dominant even without financial bits I think it's still a big win for the Warriors.  If the Warriors were just some team with Green/Klay it'd arguably be a bad trade, but with Curry and Durant you're going all in and already have a good bench to go with it.   There are only so many shots to go around with 4 star players.   Davis would be a perfect fit and give the Warriors three legitimate "#1s".  That'd be likely the greatest big 3 in NBA history.

2 hours ago, tonyto36 said:

That'd be likely the greatest big 3 in NBA history.

It'd be by far the greatest big 3 ever.  3 of the top 6 players in the NBA on 1 team.  3 legitimate superstars and MVP candidates.  It'd be so unreal.

They would lose versatility with this trade, but it's still a win IMO.  If they are seriously going to have to lose 1 of Thompson or Green because they both want max contracts, I would try to combine them into another superstar.

33 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

It'd be by far the greatest big 3 ever.  3 of the top 6 players in the NBA on 1 team.  3 legitimate superstars and MVP candidates.  It'd be so unreal.

They would lose versatility with this trade, but it's still a win IMO.  If they are seriously going to have to lose 1 of Thompson or Green because they both want max contracts, I would try to combine them into another superstar.

olympictrio.JPG

But in all seriousness, yes would be the best.  I did pause thinking of Kareem/Magic/Worthy, but Kareem was so old at that point.   I think Bird/McHale is equal to Durant/Davis but Curry/Parrish is a big win for Curry.

49 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

Yes AD.KD, SC would be  #1, but Jordan/Pippen/Rodman have to be up there even if there were only there for a few years. All were prime or near it.

Not a single 1 of them was in their prime.  Rodman doesn't compare as an overall player to any of Curry, Durant, or Davis anyways.

1 hour ago, seminoles1 said:

Not a single 1 of them was in their prime.  Rodman doesn't compare as an overall player to any of Curry, Durant, or Davis anyways.

When Pippen Jordan Ramen first came together Jordan was still very close or near as I said to his prime Pippen had just come off his best 2 years of carrying the Bulls without Jordan and Rodman actually I believe reaches all-time high as a rebounder while with the bulls certainly they're not all around players like KD ad and Curry but I thought I made it pretty clear that KD Curry and AD would be the best

54 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

When Pippen Jordan Ramen first came together Jordan was still very close or near as I said to his prime Pippen had just come off his best 2 years of carrying the Bulls without Jordan and Rodman actually I believe reaches all-time high as a rebounder while with the bulls certainly they're not all around players like KD ad and Curry but I thought I made it pretty clear that KD Curry and AD would be the best

My bad, I misread that as you saying they'd be in the discussion for #1.

I don't agree any were that close to their primes.  First 3-peat Jordan was clearly better (which is crazy to think about considering MJ was still the best player in the NBA during the 2nd 3-peat), Pippen had fallen off defensively (not a lot, but he was a terror in the early 90s), and Rodman's 4 best rebounding seasons were with the Pistons and Spurs.

I'm against the grain when it comes to the Bulls, though.  I think the 1991 Bulls team was the best.

6 minutes ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Eh, why would the Mavs go for that when they just drafted DSJ and already have a logjam at guard. I just don't see it.

It's just another player that may have some potential. Not like they lose much giving up Harris since he's a FA after the season and they are a bad team.

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

It's just another player that may have some potential. Not like they lose much giving up Harris since he's a FA after the season and they are a bad team.

I guess, but I'd just rather have the expiring contract. They have a good chunk of money coming off the books this year and could make a play in free agency, if they choose to do so.

Archived