Trade rumor/suggestion thread

resilient part 2

21 hours ago, IrishGreen said:

I don’t get how Deandre Jordan fixed the Cavs defensive issues. Their issues are much more complex than that, and that certainly doesn’t make them a better matchup against Warriors 

Unless they replace half their rotation, the defense isn't going to get any better.

I think the only argument that can be made is at least he bandaids some of their issues, and against GS you just take him off the floor when they go small.

But then do you really want to trade the Nets pick for a guy who won't be playing crucial minutes for you?

1 hour ago, tonyto36 said:

Unless they replace half their rotation, the defense isn't going to get any better.

I think the only argument that can be made is at least he bandaids some of their issues, and against GS you just take him off the floor when they go small.

But then do you really want to trade the Nets pick for a guy who won't be playing crucial minutes for you?

I think it is clear they won't give up the Nets pick for DJ, but they are hoping they won't need to give it up to get him. Depends on the market for DJ and if the Clippers want to pay him big bucks in the offseason. They are in a weird spot after giving Griffin his deal this offseason. Won't ever be bad enough with him to have a proper rebuild, but FAR from being contenders at the same time. 

5 minutes ago, EaglesFan5-36-81 said:

Has to wait until after the lottery but depending on where the Lakers pick falls, I could see the Sixers moving that pick along with a young player(s) like Luwawu-Cabarot and/or Korkmaz for a Harden-esque type trade and max deal.

They should trade Fultz before his stock gets any lower.  Maybe the Cavs will take him for Shumpert and a 2nd round pick.

Although just a rumor the talk of Anthony Davis being traded for Draymond Green and Klay Thompson came about. Would Golden State benefit from that trade considering they have to pay Klay Thompson Max contract soon and Anthony Davis is a super Elite Talent with Draymond Green being reasonably replaced by Jordan Bell. IS This a win-win trade a win-lose trade or a lose-lose trade?

2 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

Although just a rumor the talk of Anthony Davis being traded for Draymond Green and Klay Thompson came about. Would Golden State benefit from that trade considering they have to pay Klay Thompson Max contract soon and Anthony Davis is a super Elite Talent with Draymond Green being reasonably replaced by Jordan Bell. IS This a win-win trade a win-lose trade or a lose-lose trade?

Boogie and Draymond on the same team? Yes please.

3 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

I dont think the talent is even on both sides, but I think its win win simply because it gives the Pelicans a big 3 and it would extend the Warriors dominant run with lessening the amount of guys they need to pay. Sure, they lose something with Klay gone, but AD is a better overall player than both. 

4 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

The Warriors would be dumb not to do that...

40 minutes ago, IrishGreen said:

lmfao, that trade would give the warriors 3 top 6 players. no way is that legit.

A Warriors radio personality said it like 3 weeks ago.  There's no substance to these rumors.  He didn't even say it was floated out there; he said he would try to do that if he were running the Warriors.

I heard someone on the radio suggest a trade between Cleveland and Miami for Whiteside instead of them trying to wrangle Jordan away from the Clippers.

Cleveland receives:
Hassan Whiteside

Miami receives:
Tristan Thompson
Channing Frye
Cleveland 2018 1st Round Pick

Archived