Trade rumor/suggestion thread

resilient part 2

6 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Brown was the number 3 pick in the draft. He has lived up to his draft stock. There is no reason to trade him for the 5th pick 

Except that's not how it goes.  You're giving up an extra 2 years of team control.  There's a very real argument that the 3rd/5th pick is more valuable than Jaylen Brown.  Just depends on the franchise.

2 hours ago, Texasmade said:

I'm not betting on finding someone better than Jaylen Brown, I'm betting that's going to be much harder to find a unique big (like Mo), than it is a quality 3 and D guy, thus it's going to take a steep price to convince me to trade away from said unique big. 

What about Mo Bamba is unique? No way is Boston adding to Jaylen Brown. I wouldn't even move Jaylen Brown for Mo Bamba.

I'd do Terry+Kings pick+Mem pick.

2 minutes ago, MookieMonster said:

Yes if it's Mo Bamba. Jaylen Brown made such a huge leap from year 1 to year 2. He's going to be legit, remember when you said his ceiling was a 3/D guy. Yeesh.

Remember when you got offended by it? By the way, he still doesn't create for others and still has an average handle

1 minute ago, utley4568 said:

Remember when you got offended by it? By the way, he still doesn't create for others and still has an average handle

Less offended more just arguing that the take was B-A-D. By the way, he can still score from anywhere on the court.

Have people not realized that Brad Stevens system is dependent on a ton of ball movement? We don't have guys who dribble around for 18 seconds and then "create for others" with a last second assist. This take it bad and you should feel bad.

Handles still need to improve but it's better than last years, and his ceiling is sky high.

Just now, MookieMonster said:

Less offended more just arguing that the take was B-A-D. By the way, he can still score from anywhere on the court.

Have people not realized that Brad Stevens system is dependent on a ton of ball movement? We don't have guys who dribble around for 18 seconds and then "create for others" with a last second assist. This take it bad and you should feel bad.

Handles still need to improve but it's better than last years, and his ceiling is sky high.

No, definitely offended, it's okay though sunshine.

And glad that you don't know what "create for others" means.

It's still average.

1 minute ago, utley4568 said:

No, definitely offended, it's okay though sunshine.

And glad that you don't know what "create for others" means.

It's still average.

You could say nobody on Boston "creates for others" yet here they are, running an incredibly efficient offense. Everyone in the offense creates for others, because they've all bought in and play within the system.

It seems to me that you're the one offended by throwing out insults. You do you though.

Trades don't work like "this guy is worth x and this guy is worth y and this guy is worth z"

If you have something someone wants that you're comfortable keeping, you make them an offer above market value. If they don't take it, that's cool because you're happy with what you have.

Also present picks > future picks. 

the kings pick and 27 isn't going to get it done. i would argue kings, 27, and memphis might now even get it done. 

Archived