Trade rumor/suggestion thread

resilient part 2

Just now, Pastor Dillon said:

im not in lala land, thats what it would take, if they arent willing to do it, then we arent putting them together anyway. It would be more like 5 and 10 million, but yeah thats what makes Lebron to Houston hard to happen. But if they do this, we can put a team out there for under 10 million in the tax

No, its more like 6 and 11. They both make 35% of the salary cap. Both will be ~$36M a year.

2 minutes ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

I really cant see him getting that much. I think he is well worth 10M. Attitude matters and he brings an angry, never back down energy that great teams need. I also think he is not snatching 12-14M because he simply isn't good enough a two way player to rely on as a starter, at least on a good team. He is a pitbull of a 6-7th man and an asset on the bench for a great team. But rebuilding teams shouldn't value him much as a bench player at his asking price IMO.

Stevens largest demerit as a coach has been his unwillingness, or inability, to reign in Smart from 3.

He can get Andre Roberson type money.

6 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Lebrons deal is currently project at 35,350, which is closer to 5 than 6....

I stand corrected. Its still a ridiculous pipe dream. CP3 is the rep for the players union, it'd be an abomination for him to do this.

Just now, MookieMonster said:

And Boogie and KD could take huge pay cuts to come to Boston. Its a ridiculous scenario.

if you want far fetched, heres one for you

Lebron opts into his deal and the Cavs do the right thing and trade him where he wants to go. They take on PJ Tucker and Nene while the rockets give a 3rd team Ryan Anderson and whatever draft picks it takes. 

Paul George tells the Thunder that he is leaving but he will opt in if they will trade him to the rockets. Rockets send Gordon and about 4 million in young player cap fillers to OKC for PG

Rockets resign CP3 and Capela

CP3/Harden/PG/Lebron/Capela

now thats a tax bill. It makes sense for Lebron. Getting Cleveland to take on Tucker and nene might be hard, but Tucker has value so can be sent to a 4th team if need be. Cavs would get a couple 2nd rounders or something. Basically it would have to be a thank you to Lebron for years of service. 

Its a great trade for the Thunder. Adding Gordon in place of PG gives them a starting level player, and they obviously aren't tanking. the young throw away guys can be moved to some 3rd team if need be and OKC gets a good cap savings while still being able to compete for a playoff spots. 

PG gets the short end of this stick, losing 10 million next season but would probably be playing for the odds on favorite to win a ring. He can go into free agency the next off season. 

now thats a crazy scenario

2 hours ago, MookieMonster said:

Harden, CP3 and James max deals alone put them at $100M. Capela puts them at ~$125M and thats with ONLY 4 player on the roster.

This pipe dream is impossible.

It's not impossible.  Re-sign CP3 and Capela before trading for LeBron who opted in.  It can be done via the cap; the holdup (in this hypothetical world) would be if Houston's new owner would be willing to pay for it.

42 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

It's not impossible.  Re-sign CP3 and Capela before trading for LeBron who opted in.  It can be done via the cap; the holdup (in this hypothetical world) would be if Houston's new owner would be willing to pay for it.

Of course its possible. Its not plausible. CP3 and Lebron aren't taking $40M paycuts.

1 hour ago, Troy Brown said:

I think Stevens tells him to shoot 3s. I think he tells everyone to shoot 3s

dude plays so damn hard he deserves some bad threes. it's like getting the big man the ball early so he tries hard on defense lol 

56 minutes ago, MookieMonster said:

Of course its possible. Its not plausible. CP3 and Lebron aren't taking $40M paycuts.

Durant has taken pay cuts for the warriors, twice

Lebron, Wade and Bosh all took pay cuts to form the heat team

Duncan took huge pay cuts to keep the spurs relevant

and please tell me which other team is going to give CP3 both a chance at a ring and a 35 million max deal. There is one far fetched scenario where thats going to happen. Lebron and CP3 signing to play in LA. The lakers would have to release all of their cap holds. Waive Deng with the stretch provision, and that puts them at about 23.6 million with Ball/Ingram/Kuzma/Hart

add in Lebron and CP3 at 70 million, plus cap holds and they are at the cap. 

Short of that happening, there will not be another team offer CP3 25 million per year. And if the above happens, then the rockets will have plenty of space to sign Paul George, who will no longer be LA bound, which seems like a certainty. Considering CP3 is selling his house in LA and just bought a Manson in Houston, i think he plans to stick it out. a 4 year 100 million deal would still give him almost 300 million in career earnings. 

Archived