Marvel/Netflix: Officially Cancelled...Moving to Hulu?

Acgott

1 hour ago, Manny/Patrick said:

He's strong, I mean how cool can he be. He ain't no captain america

So I'm only on Episode Five but Elektra doesn't seem any stronger as Black Sky than she did before, maybe even weaker. 

Also, I despise Claire. I hope she dies in a fire this season and everyone just forgets she exists. 

Was I the only one who was disappointed with Alexandra? Did she do anything the entire season? For someone who was supposed to be the leader of the Hand, her greatest ability seemed to be able to get questioned by her fellow fingers. Her death was super anti climatic, and I felt like she was a complete waste as a villain, overall. The fingers themselves didn't seem to be all that impressive - Bakuto had some skills, obviously, and we have seen some of the stuff Gao can do (am I the only one hoping / thinking that she's still alive?), and Murikami did have a certain degree of creepiness with him, but I really got nothing from Alexandra whatsoever. 

22 minutes ago, Forge said:

Hide contents

Was I the only one who was disappointed with Alexandra? Did she do anything the entire season? For someone who was supposed to be the leader of the Hand, her greatest ability seemed to be able to get questioned by her fellow fingers. Her death was super anti climatic, and I felt like she was a complete waste as a villain, overall. The fingers themselves didn't seem to be all that impressive - Bakuto had some skills, obviously, and we have seen some of the stuff Gao can do (am I the only one hoping / thinking that she's still alive?), and Murikami did have a certain degree of creepiness with him, but I really got nothing from Alexandra whatsoever. 

They do show Alexandra doing some fighting pretty proficiently, I believe when Electra was first brought back. She doesn't like to get her hands dirty though, as was mentioned in another conversation or two.

Just now, O'Doyle Rules said:

I'm cofused by Luke Cages powers. His body can't deflect bullets and blades without feeling any pain, but one kick from elektra knocks him out? 

That was pretty horrible.  They make a point to show that Iron Fist damage is only enough to knock him backwards and give him a soar jaw, but Elektra can knock him the eff out.  It was just altogether really, really, really bad.  I didn't want to hate it and I think I liked Iron Fist more than most people liked that series, but The Defenders was just really bad. 

It was also funny how The Hand only ever tried using guns when everybody with a sword was already knocked out.  Very convenient for Luke Cage to block the bullets of two people with guns instead of 30. 

It was altogether just not very creatively done.  They could have done a much better job of creatively coming up with a fight in which Luke/Danny/Matt/Jessica were all evenly matched, and yet they didn't. 

4 minutes ago, O'Doyle Rules said:

Luke wasn't that bad lol.

I absolutely hated it. He's a bland character. They killed the only somewhat interesting villain 5 episodes into the series. It has my most hated character in tv(Misty Knight), and the second half was almost unwatchable.

9 minutes ago, devils1854 said:

I absolutely hated it. He's a bland character. They killed the only somewhat interesting villain 5 episodes into the series. It has my most hated character in tv(Misty Knight), and the second half was almost unwatchable.

Agree with everything you said but a 1 seems a bit harsh.

4 hours ago, devils1854 said:

I wouldn't give it a 1 out of 10 lol, but I agree with this sentiment overall. Luke is just kind of a good guy, which is fine, but that's the type of person who is a supporting character. Good guys are bland characters. The best part of the show was definitely Cottonmouth, and once he was gone, that series was toast to me. 

I feel like Defenders would have been much better had I been impressed with, or even believed that the Hand were a credible threat in the least during the show. I felt like they were a much more sinister threats in the Daredevil and Iron Fist series then they came across in this series. I didn't mind the heroes for the most part, but the bad guys kind of wrecked this one a bit.