2022 Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

1 hour ago, Kiltman said:

Bills staying in Buffalo, all they had to do was pay $850m for the privilege 

So the city/state had to cough up 60% of the cost? 

Compare that to Philly/Pennsylvania which only was on the hook for 188 million which was only 36% of the cost to build Lincoln Financial Field.

Even if you use 2020 prices with inflation LFF would only be about half the cost of this Bills stadium and just 13% the cost of SoFi stadium lol…. I wonder when Philly would get a new stadium, but probably isn’t happening for a long time since I think they’ve done renovations to the Linc over the past recent years. 

57 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

So the city/state had to cough up 60% of the cost? 

Compare that to Philly/Pennsylvania which only was on the hook for 188 million which was only 36% of the cost to build Lincoln Financial Field.

Even if you use 2020 prices with inflation LFF would only be about half the cost of this Bills stadium and just 13% the cost of SoFi stadium lol…. I wonder when Philly would get a new stadium, but probably isn’t happening for a long time since I think they’ve done renovations to the Linc over the past recent years. 

Think that was Lurie's goal from the jump and a smart one really. Better to spend a couple hundred million on renovations over the years then 1.5B+ on a new stadium.  It's not like the Linc is Soldier or Lambaugh field. Hell the Linc isn't even in the top 10.

"NFL: 10 oldest stadiums, with Lambeau to Soldier Field, Bears, Packers" https://ftw.usatoday.com/gallery/bears-soldier-field-oldest-nfl-stadiums

Edited by Nabbs4u

1 hour ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Yeah I'm not sure when or if they'd build a new one. I think the next big thing will be a new practice facility like we've talked about before. I know they had some plans to add to the main stadium if Philly gets the world cup (amongst all the other events it's pushing for in 2026 for the 250th) 

Yeah I'm not sure when or if they'd build a new one. I think the next big thing will be a new practice facility like we've talked about before. I know they had some plans to add to the main stadium if Philly gets the world cup (amongst all the other events it's pushing for in 2026 for the 250th) 

I mean eventually when it’s real old I think they’ll have to get a new stadium at some point. While the stadium still isn’t that old like @Nabbs4u said.. it will get passed up over the years/decades by other stadiums and eventually be antiquated like Washington’s stadium. Funnily enough FedEx Field is only like 6 years older lol.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

19 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I mean eventually when it’s real old I think they’ll have to get a new stadium at some point. While the stadium still isn’t that old like @ninjapirate said.. it will get passed up over the years/decades by other stadiums and eventually be antiquated like Washington’s stadium. Funnily enough FedEx Field is only like 6 years older lol.

Tough to say, like it might just be as easy to renovate. Gamedays have been continually about a higher end experiences, so they might add a new section in one of the gaps sooner and then just make the spaces more high end.

There is a lot of discourse about stadiums and their place in communities, I think Philly is a little different because of it all being part of the sports complex. But could see them building onto the original Philly Live plans from back in the day.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I mean eventually when it’s real old I think they’ll have to get a new stadium at some point. While the stadium still isn’t that old like @Nabbs4u said.. it will get passed up over the years/decades by other stadiums and eventually be antiquated like Washington’s stadium. Funnily enough FedEx Field is only like 6 years older lol.

Honest question.  It's only 6 years younger/older however you want to list it. Curious how much money Snyder has invested into renovations over the years,  compared to Lurie in Philly? 

No reason for a new stadium. 

Edited by Nabbs4u

8 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Honest question.  It's only 6 years younger/older however you want to list it. Curious how much money Snyder has invested into renovations over the years,  compared to Lurie in Philly? 

No reason for a new stadium. 

Barely any and he also cheaped out on building it in the first place, place is a dump

Overtime changing for the postseason 

Also their proposal for denying other secondary front office positions passed.

Puts a stop to teams hiring away members of your team for non GM roles. Like what happened this year with the Giants and Bears hiring away two of Howie’s top guys.

I think the Eagles were also salty because they’ve been grooming them for GM spots which would bet them picks, now those other teams will get them if they do get a head job.

• Like 1

Overtime changing for the postseason 

Also their proposal for denying other secondary front office positions passed.

Puts a stop to teams hiring away members of your team for non GM roles. Like what happened this year with the Giants and Bears hiring away two of Howie’s top guys.

I think the Eagles were also salty because they’ve been grooming them for GM spots which would bet them picks, now those other teams will get them if they do get a head job.

I’m salty too… so I can’t blame them. Happy for both guys getting assistant GM roles, but that’s just a title and not an actual GM role and it screwed us. Glad they got that rule put in.

Also, I could be wrong, but it seems like the Eagles are involved a lot in these proposals every year.