2022 Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

1 hour ago, Jeezla said:

Strong the only QB, and no P

Yep Perry left for the Jags. It was one of those situations that they weren’t sure if they would get one, so they went after both.

No punter bums me the hell out. At least bring in competition.

34 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

This one is for you @Jeezla

already mentioned it

Like, don't we want at least 1 guy who can punt to these dudes for ST practice? We'll obviously sign one sooner than later, just weird there is currently no active punter on the roster, at all. Guessing out of 42 athletes, at least one of them can punt a ball 40 yards if need be, or just shoot em out of a juggs machine.

Edited by Jeezla

10 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

already mentioned it

Like, don't we want at least 1 guy who can punt to these dudes for ST practice? We'll obviously sign one sooner than later, just weird there is currently no active punter on the roster, at all. Guessing out of 42 athletes, at least one of them can punt a ball 40 yards if need be, or just shoot em out of a juggs machine.

I think it’s weird just cause some of these guys are gonna have a chance to win the returner spot. You’d think they’d want to see them field one

5 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

I think it’s weird just cause some of these guys are gonna have a chance to win the returner spot. You’d think they’d want to see them field one

I'd think they'd maybe want to potentially find some diamond in the rough punter that will be super cheap vs signing some vet that gets cut for 2 mill. And also your point.

• Like 1

The most interesting part of the preseason (that we get to watch) will be watching the offense with Carson Strong throwing fastballs.

The Hurts/GoeDeVontAJ offense will be super vanilla til regular season.

Hopefully Strong is injecting those legs full of stem cells and experimental drugs that re-grow cartilage. 

I also hope Minshew spent the entire offseason throwing footballs underwater as hard as he can, and now his max velocity has increased by 10 mph.

Edited by Jeezla

3 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Picturing Davis playing the 0 or 1 tech instead of Hargrave in these 5 man fronts and Reddick playing the the SAM instead of Avery got me salivating. 

You have a real problem with quoting yourself. The forum has been discussing it behind your back. We want you to stop.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

The most interesting part of the preseason (that we get to watch) will be watching the offense with Carson Strong throwing fastballs.

The Hurts/GoeDeVontAJ offense will be super vanilla til regular season.

Everything last preseason was super vanilla cause we were trying to hide what we would look like since we kept saying that gives us an upper hand  at least early in the season. In the most recent presser Nick seemed to not be answering questions regarding the defensive scheme and how it’ll look this year, so we can probably expect more of the same at least on defense. 

As far as Strong he will be fun, but his weapons will be what? Deon Cain, John Hightower, Britain Covey, and Devon Allen at WR? Noah Togiai and JJAW at TE? 😂

Just now, TheRealMcCoy said:

As far as Strong he will be fun, but his weapons will be what? Deon Cain, John Hightower, Britain Covey, and Devon Allen at WR? Noah Togiai and JJAW at TE? 😂

Who's gonna be defending those guys tho? Equivalent level bums at DB. 

1 minute ago, Daimonas said:

I'm seeing so much talk about gannon being this secret genius DC that I'm starting to believe he isn't some incompetent moron after all. I'm ready to be burned again.

The good news is we only get burned 70% of the time against above average QB's or better. That's 30% no burn. You look at other teams....actually don't look at other teams. And buy sunscreen.