2022 Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

5 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

So glad we are doing everything to keep this #7 seed team together! 
Sarcastic Season 9 GIF by The Office

Sometimes when I like to mentally hurt myself I think of the outta nowhere UDFAs we coulda had if we didn't stan guys like DickRod so hard.

Though I suppose that would've taken Doug & Co actually developing guys.

• Like 1

i think most of us should realize we overachieved last season and likely will be a middle of the pack rebuilding team next season. I just want good young talent from the draft and continued improvement from the coaching staff. My expectations go through the roof during the 2023 season.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Daimonas said:

i think most of us should realize we overachieved last season and likely will be a middle of the pack rebuilding team next season. I just want good young talent from the draft and continued improvement from the coaching staff. My expectations go through the roof during the 2023 season.

My expectation for this season is probably somewhere between 9-11 wins assuming we don’t mess up the draft. If we were middle of the pack in the NFC as weak as it is now…. well that would be very unfortunate.

3 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

My expectation for this season is probably somewhere between 9-11 wins assuming we don’t mess up the draft. If we were middle of the pack in the NFC as weak as it is now…. well that would be very unfortunate.

given the competition in the nfc I'd agree. I mean more at the total nfl level. I expect 8-9 wins personally. I could easily see 11 though if hurts takes a real stride. Right now I feel as if our roster is improving but will only go as far as hurts can take us.

Garafolo with some insight on their process this year

Basically what we knew, Eagles had a number for guys and when other teams exceeded it they were fine to move on. Mix that in with equal offers that guys chose the other team like Marcus Williams.

Expect them to be bargain hunters the next period and then after the draft

3 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Making room for Mathieu?

Tyrone on 97.5 was just talking about this. He said his source he trusts says no chance at Mathieu. Then started saying something about Robert woods but didn't catch the beginning of the woods Convo. Said something like they open up the cap space for woods contract after we traded for him

Edited by EaglesFlySBChampsHigh

6 hours ago, Daimonas said:

given the competition in the nfc I'd agree. I mean more at the total nfl level. I expect 8-9 wins personally. I could easily see 11 though if hurts takes a real stride. Right now I feel as if our roster is improving but will only go as far as hurts can take us.

We could’ve won 10 games this past season if we played our starters at home the last week. Not saying that makes us some really good team or anything, but we have an extra home game this year and a weaker overall schedule. I think somewhere 8-10 wins at least should definitely be achievable. Hurts does need to show some improvement for us to for sure finish with double digit wins next year though. We’ll see how with the rest of FA and the draft go to filling out our defense and we still need another receiver too.

3 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Tyrone on 97.5 was just talking about this. He said his source he trusts says no chance at Mathieu. Then started saying something about Robert woods but didn't catch the beginning of the woods Convo. Said something like they open up the cap space for woods contract after we traded for him

The Calvin Ridley trade attempt tells me this is definitely a very real possibility. I think we'll make a trade splash here soon honestly. Just not sure who it will be for.