2022 Cowboys Offseason News and Notes

Matts4313

6 minutes ago, CAPJ said:

Current on pace because of his first 3 years. His last two years he is an average running back. He lost a step, and pretty much incapable of long runs. He is great at blitz pickup but Tony Pollard has been our best RB.

His YPC has dropped significantly the last few years and he has started to get knicked up. He will not keep this pace up.

According to Dallas fans it's your O-Line that has regressed (I've read the posts) and during his previous 3 years he's still combined for...

Ezekiel Elliott previous 3 "declining" years:

782 rushing attempts.

3,338 rushing yards. 

4.3 yards per carry. 

28 rushing TDs. 

153 receptions. 

1,045 receiving yards. 

6 TD receptions.

10 fumbles. 

935 touches for 4,383 All-Purpose Yards from Scrimmage and 34 Offensive TDs @ 4.7 yards per touch. 

So if you're going to expect me to buy what you're trying to sell me; I'm not buying it because this New Yorker knows exactly what a "declining RB" looks like dude. 

Ezekiel Elliott first 3 "prime" years:

868 rushing attempts. 

4,048 rushing yards. 

4.7 yards per carry. 

28 rushing TDs. 

135 receptions. 

1,199 receiving yards. 

6 TD receptions. 

12 fumbles. 

1,003 touches for 5,247 All-Purpose Yards from Scrimmage and 34 Offensive TDs @ 5.2 yards per touch. 

At the end of the day he might've put up better statistics during his 1st 3 years but his last 3 years (in comparison to other NFL RBs) have been absolutely incredible and throughout his first 6 years combined? He's well on his way to top 10 rushing yards All Time + an induction into Pro Football's Hall of Fame. 

(PS: I just bookmarked this thread and within the next 4 years once #21 becomes top 10 All-Time in NFL rushing yards? I'll be sure to bump up this thread in order to say "See. I told you so". 

24 minutes ago, D82 said:

The Cowboys win % dropped when Zeke got more touches than Tony Pollard...that isn't an elite RB or someone worth their  bloated contract.

You mean the RB who's been in the league for 3 years with only 1,609 rushing yards and a whooping 8 rushing TDs? 

I'd bet the main reasons on why Tony Pollard has good averages is because A.) His career NFL high during a single game is only 14 rushing attempts B.) Ezekiel Elliott is used as the work horse featured back who tires down defenses and all while C.) Tony Pollard gets to back him up (with fresh legs) and D.) No opposing NFL Defense has ever game planned for nor designed a Defense in order to stop "Tony Pollard" 

Don't believe me

2021 Snap Count = Ezekiel Elliott 809 Plays. 

2021 Snap Count = Tony Pollard 374 Plays. 

Tony Pollard = 435 fewer snaps/plays than Ezekiel Elliott so of course he had the privilege of playing with fresher legs and all while opposing D's do not game plan for him (not fear him). 

Give Tony Pollard the work horse featured back without hiding behind Ezekiel Elliott throughout an entire 16-17 game season and you'll then realize he's nothing as impactful as #21. 

PS: Wake me up when Tony Pollard reaches the HOF (because that is where Ezekiel Elliott is headed).

Feed Me Nfl GIF by Dallas Cowboys

Edited by DefenseWinsChampionships

17 minutes ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

Dallas fans it's your O-Line that has regressed (I've read the posts)

Did you read them though? By what measurement did I use to gauge the OL's regression in our conversation about the passing game? 

*PASS*

*BLOCK*

Win Rate

By Run Block Win Rate we were 6th in the league. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32176833/2021-nfl-pass-rushing-run-stopping-blocking-leaderboard-win-rate-rankings#rbwrteam

I’ve come to realize what your general problem is. You find enemies when people don’t worship at the same alter you do. 

No one is crowing Pollard a HOFer. Not a soul. What we are saying is the current pace Zeke is on is one of regression and that clouds the likelihood of his chances for the HOF. He isn’t as good or dominant as he once was. It’s okay to say that. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

D.) No opposing NFL Defense has ever game planned for nor designed a Defense in order to stop "Tony Pollard" 

No defense game plans for Zeke either. They all game plan for Dak. Its the reason why Zeke faces some of the lowest amount of stacked boxes in the entire NFL. No one is afraid of him. 

Additionally, we havent even gotten to the fact that Zeke ranked 135 out of 135 as a pass catcher since he entered the league. So lets tally it up:

1. Zeke's ability to tote the rock has fallen drastically, to levels below his back up.

2. Zeke has a negative EPA; which means each time we hand him the ball, our chances of scoring go *down*

3. Zeke is the worst pass catcher in the NFL during his career

4. Zeke is the highest paid RB in the NFL

5. Zeke doesnt even command the respect of the defense enough to draw in linebackers.

43 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

No defense game plans for Zeke either. They all game plan for Dak. Its the reason why Zeke faces some of the lowest amount of stacked boxes in the entire NFL. No one is afraid of him. 

Additionally, we havent even gotten to the fact that Zeke ranked 135 out of 135 as a pass catcher since he entered the league. So lets tally it up:

1. Zeke's ability to tote the rock has fallen drastically, to levels below his back up.

2. Zeke has a negative EPA; which means each time we hand him the ball, our chances of scoring go *down*

3. Zeke is the worst pass catcher in the NFL during his career

4. Zeke is the highest paid RB in the NFL

5. Zeke doesnt even command the respect of the defense enough to draw in linebackers.

How do you rank 135/135 as a pass catching RB when he's been Targeted 379 times for 288 Receptions with a Catch Rate Percentage of 76.0% along with 2,244 Receiving Yards and a Receiver Rating of 92.2?

"Worst NFL pass catcher" my butt.

PS: Since being drafted and if without Zeke Elliot's career 1,650 Rushing Attempts, 7,386 Rushing Yards, 56 rushing TDs, 288 receptions, 2,244 receiving yards, 12 receiving TDs ala 1,938 Offensive Touches for 9,630 Offensive All-Purpose Scrimmage Yards and 68 Offensive TDs? 

Your boy Dak Prescott wouldn't be considered as the Dak Prescott of today

I've noticed that you're the type of Football fan who diminishes the likes of Ezekiel Elliott, Amari Cooper and Dalton Schultz (along with everyone else) just in order so you can only praise, defend, talk up, stick up for and credit your boy, Dak Prescott.

Well I've got news for you. 

Dak Prescott wasn't the "only reason" on why your Dallas Cowboys ranked as the NFLs #1 Offensive Attack in all of Football in both Offensive Yards (#1) and Points Scored (#1) because his teammates such as Amari Cooper/CeeDee Lamb/Michael Gallup/Dalton Schultz/Ezekiel Elliott had a lot to do with that too. 

PS: Both Derek Henry and Ezekiel Elliott have been in the league for 6 years and Elliott has...

More rushing attempts than Derrick Henry. 

• More rushing yards than Derrick Henry. 

• More receptions than Derrick Henry. 

• More receiving yards than Derrick Henry. 

• More receiving TDs than Derrick Henry. 

• More touches than Derrick Henry. 

• More Offensive Yards than Derrick Henry. 

• And the same amount of Offensive TDs as Derrick Henry

So if you think you can convince me into believing you that opposing Defenses don't game plan for Ezekiel Elliott and/or that Ezekiel Elliott hasn't helped a young QB in Dak Prescott and helped him tremendously? And all so you can convince me that Dak Prescott is 🏈 God? I don't believe you.

Edited by DefenseWinsChampionships

3 minutes ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

How do you rank 135/135 as a pass catching RB when he's been Targeted 379 times for 288 Receptions with a Catch Rate Percentage of 76.0% along with 2,244 Receiving Yards and a Receiver Rating of 92.2?

Its literally in this thread. Read through it and find the stats. Its by 6 different measurements, minimum of 300 targets. If you drop the amount of targets to 100, there are roughly ~400 different people that qualify. Zeke is something like #390 out of 400. 

Not everything has to do with bulk stats homie. Im not sure why thats your default, but advanced stats are a thing and have been for a decade.

PS: Since being drafted and if without Zeke Elliot's career 1,650 Rushing Attempts, 7,386 Rushing Yards, 56 rushing TDs, 288 receptions, 2,244 receiving yards, 12 receiving TDs ala 1,938 Offensive Touches for 9,630 Offensive All-Purpose Scrimmage Yards and 68 Offensive TDs? 

Thanks for repeating this again for the 6th time. I must have missed it the other 5 times. Hint: I didnt. You can stop quoting yourself.

I've noticed that you're the type of Football fan who diminishes the likes of Ezekiel Elliott, Amari Cooper and Dalton Schultz (along with everyone else) just in order so you can only praise, defend, talk up, stick up for and credit your boy, Dak Prescott.

Thats not true. I didnt talk trash about Schultz at all and Cooper I said repeatedly is very skilled. He just happens to put up like 75% of his stats in the 8 home games each year. 

Zeke on the other hand.... You got me there. I think Zeke holds our entire franchise back due to the Jones' obsession with him.

Dak Prescott wasn't the "only reason" on why your Dallas Cowboys ranked as the NFLs #1 Offensive Attack in all of Football in both Offensive Yards (#1) and Points Scored (#1) because his teammates such as Amari Cooper/CeeDee Lamb/Michael Gallup/Dalton Schultz/Ezekiel Elliott had a lot to do with that too. 

Sure they do. But also, when Dak went out, those same super stars saw their production drop by 30%. So they may all be HOF'rs in your book, but none of them seem to be able to produce without Dak. 

PS: Zeke was benched last year for Pollard, another fact you just happened to skim over in your ranting on trying to tell Cowboys fans about the Cowboys. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

PS: Both Derek Henry and Ezekiel Elliott have been in the league for 6 years and Elliott has...

More rushing attempts than Derrick Henry. 

• More rushing yards than Derrick Henry. 

• More receptions than Derrick Henry. 

• More receiving yards than Derrick Henry. 

• More receiving TDs than Derrick Henry. 

• More touches than Derrick Henry. 

• More Offensive Yards than Derrick Henry. 

• And the same amount of Offensive TDs as Derrick Henry

So if you think you can convince me into believing you that opposing Defenses don't game plan for Ezekiel Elliott and/or that Ezekiel Elliott hasn't helped a young QB in Dak Prescott and helped him tremendously? And all so you can convince me that Dak Prescott is 🏈 God? I don't believe you.

Bro, Matts literally just makes stuff up all the time.  Zeke is absolutely not the worst receiving RB.  He does have drops but it’s definitely not his strength.  He’s serviceable at best.  Zeke’s biggest strength is pass blocking ATM.  I’d say the first half of 2021 Zeke played well.  Then, he injured his knee and never really looked the same and pollard looked significantly better.  It’s one of cowboys fans regrets that pollard did not see more playing time when Zeke was dealing with knee issues.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, The_Slamman said:

Bro, Matts literally just makes stuff up all the time.  Zeke is absolutely not the worst receiving RB.  He does have drops but it’s definitely not his strength.  He’s serviceable at best.  Zeke’s biggest strength is pass blocking ATM.  I’d say the first half of 2021 Zeke played well.  Then, he injured his knee and never really looked the same and pollard looked significantly better.  It’s one of cowboys fans regrets that pollard did not see more playing time when Zeke was dealing with knee issues.

You confuse us brother, I am not the one who pulls nonsense out of my arse

Des posted this like a month ago. 

2 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

1.) Cooper I said repeatedly is very skilled. He just happens to put up like 75% of his stats in the 8 home games each year. 

2.) Thanks for repeating this again for the 6th time. I must have missed it the other 5 times. Hint: I didnt. You can stop quoting yourself.

3.) PS: Zeke was benched last year for Pollard, another fact you just happened to skim over in your ranting on trying to tell Cowboys fans about the Cowboys. 

A lot of what you say isn't true. 

1.Amari Cooper Home = 394 targets, 270 receptions, 4,000 receiving yards, 29 TDs and 68.5% catch rate percentage. 

Amari Cooper Road = 424 targets, 247 receptions, 3,076 receiving yards, 17 TDs and 58.3% catch rate percentage. 

Please use basic simple math and explain to me how there's a "75% difference" home vs. away. Those career numbers are nothing close to an overall differential of "75%". 

2.) And I'll continue to repeat it because Ezekiel Elliot's career 1,650 Rushing Attempts, 7,386 Rushing Yards, 56 rushing TDs, 288 receptions, 2,244 receiving yards, 12 receiving TDs = 1,938 Offensive Touches for 9,630 Offensive All-Purpose Scrimmage Yards and 68 Offensive TDs is something you refuse to acknowledge;

Because it takes away from the fact that Dak Prescott isn't superman and it takes away from the fact that Ezekiel Elliott has helped hide and protect Dak Prescott dating back to day 1 (by providing Dak Prescott with a Future HOF Work Horse Running Back).  

3.) Yeah. Okay. Ezekiel Elliott was "benched" but yet had 17 games with 17 starts? Some benching. 

You love Dak Prescott so much that you'll literally throw everyone under the bus for him while refusing to admit any other Cowboys Players Greatness and/or true importance for Dak Prescott himself...

2 minutes ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

A lot of what you say isn't true. 

1.Amari Cooper Home = 394 targets, 270 receptions, 4,000 receiving yards, 29 TDs and 68.5% catch rate percentage. 

Amari Cooper Road = 424 targets, 247 receptions, 3,076 receiving yards, 17 TDs and 58.3% catch rate percentage. 

Please use basic simple math and explain to me how there's a "75% difference" home vs. away. Those career numbers are nothing close to an overall differential of "75%". 

2.) And I'll continue to repeat it because Ezekiel Elliot's career 1,650 Rushing Attempts, 7,386 Rushing Yards, 56 rushing TDs, 288 receptions, 2,244 receiving yards, 12 receiving TDs = 1,938 Offensive Touches for 9,630 Offensive All-Purpose Scrimmage Yards and 68 Offensive TDs is something you refuse to acknowledge;

Because it takes away from the fact that Dak Prescott isn't superman and it takes away from the fact that Ezekiel Elliott has helped hide and protect Dak Prescott dating back to day 1 (by providing Dak Prescott with a Future HOF Work Horse Running Back).  

3.) Yeah. Okay. Ezekiel Elliott was "benched" but yet had 17 games with 17 starts? Some benching. 

You love Dak Prescott so much that you'll literally throw everyone under the bus for him while refusing to admit any other Cowboys Players Greatness and/or true importance for Dak Prescott himself...

Okay Skippy. 

15 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

You confuse us brother, I am not the one who pulls nonsense out of my arse

Des posted this like a month ago. 

Please show me the 104 players that ranked ahead of Ezekiel Elliott in those statistics so I can laugh @ most of those players. 

You don't even know who those 104 players are, do you? 

please don't post made up stats like those without highlighting the "104 players ahead of him" 🤭