2022 Cowboys Offseason News and Notes

Matts4313

7 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

2 points from Brady, 3 from Mahomes... even with cherry picking?

Not bad when you consider by PBWR we had the worst OL in the entire NFL to close the season. 

It’s not bad at all. The argument that Dak is bad has been well defeated. He is somewhere in that 8-12 range as a QB. 

13 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Lets complete imbecile it up homie. I *took out* both Eagles games so that we can cater to your cherry picking. I included the 9ers game, again, so we can can cater to your cherry picking. Your cherry picking specifically stated the first 3 QTs when we we were down double digits, so I removed the 4th QT of all the games excluding Raiders/NWE because those were back and forth almost every drive. Again to cater to your cherry picking. 

So by Slams ultimate cherry picking guide...... Dak was a 94 passer rating.

152/232 66% 1598 yards 11 TDs 4 INTs <=== (I might have some errors - I did it by paper and pen at nearly midnight. But its accurate for this argument)

Tom Bradys Playoff Passer rating? 90.4 (just as a comparison). 

Looks like the only imbecile are people who blame the QB. @DaBoys feel free to check my math.

The omission of Dak’s fumbles are glaring.  So is the admission of the pats and raiders who would not even be playoff teams in years past.  Again, this really says everything about the Dak debate… Dak has not won a game against a team that wins 60% of its games in the past 3 years.  Now that he’s getting paid elite money, it’s going to be even harder for Dak to beat good teams.  Last year really was the cowboys best chance to advance in the playoffs because it was the deepest roster we had in decades. Obviously Dak shat the bed.  Now depth is going to be a lot thinner.  We have a roster full of players who are overpriced like Dak, Zeke, Smith, Lawrence, Coop, Collins.  We will likely be losing a slew of quality players who were undervalued by nfl standards who are now FAs.  And, the only time during Dak’s tenure that we’ve been able to beat good teams was when Dak was the bus driver to to cowboys dominant run game.  That’s the formula we need to get back to… run dominating OL, control the clock, play good defense.   

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, The_Slamman said:

The omission of Dak’s fumbles are glaring.  So is the admission of the pats and raiders who would not even be playoff teams in years past.  Again, this really says everything about the Dak debate… Dak has not won a game against a team that wins 60% of its games in the past 3 years.  Now that he’s getting paid elite money, it’s going to be even harder for Dak to beat good teams.  Last year really was the cowboys best chance to advance in the playoffs because it was the deepest roster we had in decades. Obviously Dak shat the bed.  Now depth is going to be a lot thinner.  We have a roster full of players who are overpriced like Dak, Zeke, Smith, Lawrence, Coop, Collins.  We will likely be losing a slew of quality players who were undervalued by nfl standards who are now FAs.  And, the only time during Dak’s tenure that we’ve been able to beat good teams was when Dak was the bus driver to to cowboys dominant run game.  That’s the formula we need to get back to… run dominating OL, control the clock, play good defense.   

So you admit you wrong with your previous statement. Got it. Thanks for being a man and admitting when you are wrong. 

1 hour ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

I’m with @Daboys here. What exactly would you want him to say?

I don't so much have issue with what he said, more so the fact they gave a RB a high-dollar contract which they're likely going to use as reason to not be players in FA and move on from Cooper and Lawrence - two guys who are clearly better players. 

You'd have thought after not re-signing Murray, they would have been smart, but alas...here we are.