2022 Cowboys Offseason News and Notes

Matts4313

45 minutes ago, textaz03 said:

Wow, I’m shocked! Ware is not a first time ballot Hall of Famer 

I'm really not. I mean, the guy was a helluva player, but it's not like he took over a game.

He made some big plays and racked a lot of stats, no doubt, but in the end, he could be controlled.

I'm sure he will get there. Just not 1st time.

1 hour ago, WizardHawk said:

I don’t believe all his talk of a SB is just lip service. I just haven’t much confidence in their plans to make it happen.

Oh, I don’t doubt he wants to win another one. But, if he truly wanted that over being more worried about profits, they wouldn’t be so stingy with their offseason moves.

Jerry would take a backseat and not be so vocal, they’d actually give Will McClay the GM title, and the whole “entitled” atmosphere around Dallas would be different. 

But, so long as the team continues to rake in profits thanks to fair-weathered fans and people who continue to buy into the BS Jerry spouts - nothing will ever change. 

6 hours ago, textaz03 said:

Love what he is doing at Jackson State, would love to have him as Coach in Dallas!! 

Sanders comment/analysis of Dallas is shared by many.  Dallas is not built for playoff success.  They are not committed.  You can't turn it on and off.  Lots of sizzle in big D.  Very little steak.

On 2/11/2022 at 2:49 PM, D82 said:

Oh, I don’t doubt he wants to win another one. But, if he truly wanted that over being more worried about profits, they wouldn’t be so stingy with their offseason moves.

Jerry would take a backseat and not be so vocal, they’d actually give Will McClay the GM title, and the whole “entitled” atmosphere around Dallas would be different. 

But, so long as the team continues to rake in profits thanks to fair-weathered fans and people who continue to buy into the BS Jerry spouts - nothing will ever change. 

Jerry I think wants to win another one more then any Dallas Cowboy fan I would say.  the problem is he also wants to be "the man" just as much and the two really have trouble co existing. Granted as he is getting older the be the man is lessoning a bit IMO but it is still going strong

5 hours ago, quiller said:

Jerry I think wants to win another one more then any Dallas Cowboy fan I would say.  the problem is he also wants to be "the man" just as much and the two really have trouble co existing. Granted as he is getting older the be the man is lessoning a bit IMO but it is still going strong

What is this even based on? Where is all this detrimental Jerry meddling everyone pretends exists because it’s convenient? What are the specific examples.

Jerry Jones isn’t the reason the team didn’t go farther this season.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, NoFlyZone said:

What is this even based on? Where is all this detrimental Jerry meddling everyone pretends exists because it’s convenient? What are the specific examples.

Jerry Jones isn’t the reason the team didn’t go farther this season.

I’m sure the statement “if Jerry really cared about winning, he would step back and let someone else GM” sounds the same to Jerry as “if you really cared about your wife’s happiness, you’d tell her to leave you for someone better looking and with more money” sounds to the layman.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, D82 said:

And the sales pitch starts...

Real question… would people feel better about rooting for a losing franchise if that losing franchise was also boring, generated no hype, was never in the news, gave no access to fans, and didn’t have a fun social media presence?

There are quite a few teams like that out there. Being boring doesn’t mean you get to win. Might as well have some fun and some hope while you are at it, IMO.