2022 Cowboys Offseason News and Notes

Matts4313

2 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Real question… would people feel better about rooting for a losing franchise if that losing franchise was also boring, generated no hype, was never in the news, gave no access to fans, and didn’t have a fun social media presence?

There are quite a few teams like that out there. Being boring doesn’t mean you get to win. Might as well have some fun and some hope while you are at it, IMO. 

I think what makes the Cowboys so incomparably frustrating and annoying is that they're not, definitionally, a "losing franchise." There's the 20th century history of course: but even since 2000, we've been the 11th best team in the league by regular season record. Since 2007, i.e. the last 15 years, and since last making the playoffs in back to back seasons, we're the 8th best team! Every team ahead of us on these lists has won a SB in the 21st century; we haven't even come close, and the total inability to build on any modest amount of success in consecutive years is really glaring.

I never feel like I'd rather be a Jaguars or Bears fan or whatever. Cheering for the Cowboys is nothing if not entertaining. I do feel like it warrants these kinds of venting posts, though, because holy **** what is this team's problem and why can't they get out of their own way

• Like 4

2 hours ago, D82 said:

Ha…haha…hahaha

Can't remember all the guys (wouldn't call them out anyway), that I and others have posted with or in reply on this this topic as it relates to "meddling" "culture", "team culture", "getting in he way"....pick your adjective or phrase, .....but this is I and what others have been referring to.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HDsportsfan said:

Can't remember all the guys (wouldn't call them out anyway), that I and others have posted with or in reply on this this topic as it relates to "meddling" "culture", "team culture", "getting in he way"....pick your adjective or phrase, .....but this is I and what others have been referring to.

You can point to 100 really valid reasons. Honestly. A ton exist. This one isn't what it's being made out to be.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

You can point to 100 really valid reasons. Honestly. A ton exist. This one isn't what it's being made out to be.

I don’t even like McCarthy, but no coach should have to deal with this though. It’s a distraction, and one of many things that anyone coaching the Dallas Cowboys has to deal with because Jerry can’t shut the **** up and let football people run the team without him having to throw his voice and opinion in on anything and everything. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, D82 said:

I don’t even like McCarthy, but no coach should have to deal with this though. It’s a distraction, and one of many things that anyone coaching the Dallas Cowboys has to deal with because Jerry can’t shut the **** up and let football people run the team without him having to throw his voice and opinion in on anything and everything. 

But...Quinn has said he loves coaching in Dallas. Is Quinn ******* up because he can't shut the **** up? Or is it just Jerry? 

Sean randomly retires. Why would that not generate headlines? The fans often wax how Payton got away. You think Jerry is the one generating these headlines? Really

I honestly cannot wrap my head about what you are upset about. I know it is difficult for fans to grasps - but a ton of coaches would love be the Dallas Head Coach.

You cannot be the most lucrative & known franchise in all of sports and then ask to be an introvert. Go coach the Browns or something. The Giants & Jets face an insane amount of media coverage as well. The Lakers. The Yankees. Random conversation will follow popularity. Fair or unfair - you sign up for this when you wear the Star. The fact people feel bad for MM is laughable. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

But...Quinn has said he loves coaching in Dallas. Is Quinn ******* up because he can't shut the **** up? Or is it just Jerry? 

He loves it so much he was ready to leave because of the “narrative” of Jerry’s talk. That’s an issue. I don’t know how anyone could view it differently. I get the Cowboys are bigger than life but Jerry force feeding all the nonsense gets tiresome.  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

He loves it so much he was ready to leave because of the “narrative” of Jerry’s talk. That’s an issue. I don’t know how anyone could view it differently. I get the Cowboys are bigger than life but Jerry force feeding all the nonsense gets tiresome.  

Who...exactly was ready to leave?

Quinn? For a Head Coaching Job? That he only wanted Denver? Is that the argument?

Or MM? Who...is still here?