2022 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

7 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

One of those DT's and OT's. We have a lot of $ going into camp post June 1st so if one of them holds out for cash, we can supply it.

I think Daryl Williams and Trey Flowers both make a lot of sense. I'm sure Ziegler is very familiar with Williams as he was the Patriots pro scout for a while and Williams has been a starter for the Bills for years. And Flowers played under Graham in New England. 

• Like 1

On 4/9/2022 at 4:39 PM, jimkelly02 said:

Anderson would be an amazing UDFA signing… on the Le’al Collins level…. IF he’s acquitted.

Teams must be investigating the case and remaining interested pending the outcome because 17 teams showed up to his private pro day that was held right after the Georgia Pro-Day.  “Anderson measured 6’4″, 237 pounds, and timed the 40 in the mid 4.5s. He also touched 39 inches in the vertical jump and 11’1″ in the broad jump” - pro football network.  The presiding judge gave Anderson permission to travel to attend Georgia’s Pro Day but he was uninvited.  Police are also investigating a case in another Georgia county exactly one year earlier.  

Anderson probably would've been the best edge prospect in the class and potentially the #1 overall pick if he didn't have the pending case/suspension. I'm not sure how likely it is that he beats it but if he does he's someone that could be a major steal. I'm just not sure what the timeline for all of that is but considering Watson just got off and he's still pursuing the draft maybe his lawyers are confident.

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

He didn't even play last year so him getting cut before OTA's probably isn't a great sign.

Dude fell off quick, went from a potential 1st rounder to UDFA, and then released by the pathetic Jaguars. Probably destined for XFL or Canada 

Edited by Humble_Beast

I think in June we do Waller a solid and redo his deal. Part of the 20m in cap space will go towards his new contract. The  man is only getting 7m a year, he should be getting paid double that amount 14m. He's better than guys like Hunter Henry and Dallas Goedert. He's 30 now, so extending him on a 3-4 deal makes sense for both sides. His last pay day while he's in his prime. Maybe Dave Z can play with the numbers and convert some of the salary to bonus for a better cap situation or a decrease cap figure over time. etc 

Edited by Humble_Beast