2022 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

24 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

They're reportedly shopping him and just drafted a similar player too. 

I would like Slaton and there is no doubt we need to make another move for a WR.  A 5th or a 6th would be good value for him considering he would most likely be our #2 WR.  I feel adding another WR after June 1st is a must.

1 minute ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I would like Slaton and there is no doubt we need to make another move for a WR.  A 5th or a 6th would be good value for him considering he would most likely be our #2 WR.  I feel adding another WR after June 1st is a must.

Yeah his cap hit is small, he has legit 4.3 speed, and he has been productive playing with Daniel Jones so you know he's pretty good. I agree that we need another WR, if Adams misses any time we're instantly back to having one of the worst WR groups in the NFL. I have no confidence in career role players like Cole, Robinson, and Hollins to be good for us.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Yeah his cap hit is small, he has legit 4.3 speed, and he has been productive playing with Daniel Jones so you know he's pretty good. I agree that we need another WR, if Adams misses any time we're instantly back to having one of the worst WR groups in the NFL. I have no confidence in career role players like Cole, Robinson, and Hollins to be good for us.

I agree.  If we can land Bradberry and Slaton (or any WR with his skill level or above) it would be a major boost.  It's obvious our WR corp most certainly lacks depth and long speed so Slaton would be a nice addition as he has sub 4.4 speed and is underrated. 

If we can manage to fill those two positions and have some cash left for Oline competition and depth that would be huge.  

Do you know much cap space we have post June 1st?

17 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I agree.  If we can land Bradberry and Slaton (or any WR with his skill level or above) it would be a major boost.  It's obvious our WR corp most certainly lacks depth and long speed so Slaton would be a nice addition as he has sub 4.4 speed and is underrated. 

If we can manage to fill those two positions and have some cash left for Oline competition and depth that would be huge.  

Do you know much cap space we have post June 1st?

Who are other WR's that might be traded? Slayton makes the most sense because of how much they already have invested at WR and the fact that he's on the last year of his deal. I think we'll have like $25M to work with.

If we're expecting to add another WR that can actually start/make an impact the guys I see as options:

• Darius Slayton - Cheap contract, being shopped, 4.3 speed and only 25.

• Nelson Agholor - Likely getting cut during TC, has familiarity with Carr and the system but didn't play up to expectations under McDaniels.

• Julio Jones - HOF talent but he's old, been hurt, and is likely seeking a pretty sizeable deal.

• Odell Beckham Jr - Coming off of a serious knee injury but can still play

17 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Who are other WR's that might be traded? Slayton makes the most sense because of how much they already have invested at WR and the fact that he's on the last year of his deal. I think we'll have like $25M to work with.

We will have more cap money after June 1.  There are some WR's still in free agency would would be an upgrade over what we have.  Will Fuller would fit a need and would be worth kicking the tires on if he can be cheaply signed on a one year prove it deal.  

23 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

We will have more cap money after June 1.  There are some WR's still in free agency would would be an upgrade over what we have.  Will Fuller would fit a need and would be worth kicking the tires on if he can be cheaply signed on a one year prove it deal.  

I'd love Fuller but he just can't stay healthy, he's basically what Ruggs was supposed to be when he is on the field though. The Eagles might cut Reagor and the Jets could cut Denzel Mims, two former high picks that had terrible QB play.

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I'd love Fuller but he just can't stay healthy, he's basically what Ruggs was supposed to be when he is on the field though. The Eagles might cut Reagor and the Jets could cut Denzel Mims, two former high picks that had terrible QB play.

When Fuller is on the field he is a baller.  He's quite underrated and well worth taking a shot at on a 1 year prove it deal.  If we hit on him and he can stay healthy he would be a massive steal at this point in FA.

• Like 1

When Fuller is on the field he is a baller.  He's quite underrated and well worth taking a shot at on a 1 year prove it deal.  If we hit on him and he can stay healthy he would be a massive steal at this point in FA.

Yeah he's definitely very good, wonder how much he'd want though. Miami gave him a 1 yr/$10M deal last year.

No way he should get 10M again after missing so much time.  I would take a shot at 1 year 7M though.

Would welcome Fuller, Nelly, or Slayton. All three are 4.3 guys that don't need a high volume of targets to be productive.

• Like 1

On 5/14/2022 at 11:16 PM, NYRaider said:

The Ravens are reportedly shopping Chuck Clark who has played pretty well for them and only has 2 yr/$9M left on his deal. Could be a nice consolation prize if we miss on Bradberry.

Would honestly rather have Clark than Bradberry. Think he’s more of an upgrade at S than Bradberry would be at CB. 

• Like 1