2022 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

On 5/16/2022 at 7:23 PM, NYRaider said:

Yeah I don't think the staff has a ton of faith in Mullen to be honest. 

RT is an area for concern as well, I'd be open to Marcus Cannon on a cheap deal as some camp competition but ideally Leatherwood can win the spot. 

At SS our options are probably trading for Clark or letting Harmon, Abram, and Gilispie battle for the starting spot. 

Wrong again that's just your opinion first you wanted him traded now you claim the staff has no faith in him. He's a young CB that showed flashes on a cheap deal I think he gets every opportunity to show what he's got.

would this be too much to ask for to end free agency in early June

• Cut Denzel Good - frees up another 4m - 28m in space space. 4m from Good- 4M current cap- 20m on June1st
  • Sign Erek Flowers - 6m a year - upgrade over Good and a boost to the interior of the OL
  • Sign Suh - 5m - starting hall of fam DL
  • Julio Jones 4-5 M - comes in to be the WR2 
  • Waller extension 
  • Kyle Fuller 3m - wildcard at corner
  • Chris Herndon- 1m - just another guy to compete at tight end 
  • John Ross 1m- camp invite for his speed, could be cut with a weak camp 
  • Brandon Shell 2m- seems to have no market, starting experience who will bring more depth to the OL and competition. Legacy player 
  • Landon Collins- 2m - no market for him, I would bring him in for competition 

is that too much to ask for?

2 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

• Cut Denzel Good - frees up another 4m - 28m in space space. 4m from Good- 4M current cap- 20m on June1st
  • Sign Erek Flowers - 6m a year - upgrade over Good and a boost to the interior of the OL
  • Waller extension 
  • Brandon Shell 2m- seems to have no market, starting experience who will bring more depth to the OL and competition. Legacy player 

Analytics show John Ross speed is closer to 4.40 in the league then his 4.22, he can't run in pads and out of a 3 point stance. 

Suh looked poor last year and so did Jones. 

Landon Collins is trash

On 5/19/2022 at 11:25 PM, OnlyGlove said:

Analytics show John Ross speed is closer to 4.40 in the league then his 4.22, he can't run in pads and out of a 3 point stance. 

Suh looked poor last year and so did Jones. 

Landon Collins is trash

then just add nobody. stay the same. smh you only point out what you dont agree With, cool. Suh was the Bucs best Lineman last year in the playoffs. casual 

Edited by Humble_Beast

I would really like to add Will Fuller on a 1 year prove it deal.  If he plays the whole season or close to it we will have a lethal WR corp with some solid vet depth.  

Adams-Fuller-Renfrow-Waller-Cole-Robinson...  Good luck covering that ****!

Edited by Frankie2Gunz
  • Like 4

I saw where Cle said he is now an olb. If he somehow turns into a good pass rusher by being put in more space then Graham is even more of a genius than I was thinking. That's got to be why he would be playing there. No way he is dropping into coverage right?

On 5/20/2022 at 5:23 AM, Humble_Beast said:

• Waller extension 

Yes is the simple answer.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, BigD1123 said:

I saw where Cle said he is now an olb. If he somehow turns into a good pass rusher by being put in more space then Graham is even more of a genius than I was thinking. That's got to be why he would be playing there. No way he is dropping into coverage right?

Can’t imagine he would be dropping into coverage regularly, that wouldn’t be pretty. Always thought it was unlikely he would be played inside, he’ll be a big edge on run downs would be my guess. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

then just add nobody. stay the same. smh you only point out what you dont agree With, cool. Suh was the Bucs Lineman last year in the playoffs casual 

Adding people for the sake of it does nothing but use up cash and cap space. You want to get value. 

He's also 35, let go by the BUCS because he doesn't have much left in the tank

8 hours ago, BigD1123 said:

It can't hurt right?  This is his last chance to show he can play in the NFL, if this doesn't work he won't be playing football in a few years. 

I like the fact that we will allegedly be running out a 3/4 base.  Hopefully we have the talent to run a D similar to Pit or Balt. 

I also think the signing of Nichols will be one of our best this offseason as he will be solid against the run and be able to generate a pass rush.  

If we have Ferrell playing OLB who will be our starting DE opposite of Nichols?  I wonder if we kick the tires on Hicks after June 1st?

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

theres's logic behind all those moves 

Logic alone doesn't necessarily mean good logic (or bad logic) though. Not a swipe, just an observation. 

I'd like most of the moves you listed. Ross running a 4.4 in pads is still fast, imo. I'd jump on it. 

Kyle Fuller, do it. We missed on Bradberry, so add some bodies for competition. 

OL, any competition is good. At least one of Simpson, Parker, and Mr. Leatherwood is guaranteed a starting job right now. Winning one isn't exactly beating out great competition, so adding anything is a plus.

Collins is neither here nor there to me. I'd prefer we roll with what we got at S until we kick Abram to the curb or change his position. 

Jones and Suh, though, hard pass. 

Jones is cooked. Too late there, imo. I think we'd sign him as the intended WR2 only to see him slip to 4 or 5. 

Suh still has something, if you ask me. But he's old and on his last legs regardless just due to Father Time. We'd sign him, he'd start, but it's short term. I'd rather throw Butler/Farrell to the wolves and get them playing time ASAP, because if both are even decent, we can cross IDL off the early draft boards finally. 

26 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Logic alone doesn't necessarily mean good logic (or bad logic) though. Not a swipe, just an observation. 

I'd like most of the moves you listed. Ross running a 4.4 in pads is still fast, imo. I'd jump on it. 

Kyle Fuller, do it. We missed on Bradberry, so add some bodies for competition. 

OL, any competition is good. At least one of Simpson, Parker, and Mr. Leatherwood is guaranteed a starting job right now. Winning one isn't exactly beating out great competition, so adding anything is a plus.

Collins is neither here nor there to me. I'd prefer we roll with what we got at S until we kick Abram to the curb or change his position. 

Jones and Suh, though, hard pass. 

Jones is cooked. Too late there, imo. I think we'd sign him as the intended WR2 only to see him slip to 4 or 5. 

Suh still has something, if you ask me. But he's old and on his last legs regardless just due to Father Time. We'd sign him, he'd start, but it's short term. I'd rather throw Butler/Farrell to the wolves and get them playing time ASAP, because if both are even decent, we can cross IDL off the early draft boards finally. 

4.4 is still fast but he can't run routes, beat press and catch the ball.  You can get other guys to be the deep threat who could be better. 

21 minutes ago, OnlyGlove said:

And the is also a counter argument to those what I brought up.  

your not getting first round picks in June. I'm all about more competition, not being cheap and using the cap. Not all moves would hot, but worth a shot for the price. Low risk