Rank the current HC openings

squire12

12 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Brand new stadium with lots of revenue, and a very good defensive line that creates a lot of pressure. DL’s win championships. Top 3 TE and Best Slot WR in the NFL. A good RB Duo. They just made the playoffs in a tough division.

As for the QB situation, you can either trade Carr for a 1st and 2nd (I would) or roll with him. A good offensive scheme with a good OL and weapons, and Carr can be a Top 12 QB yearly. I’m not a fan of “Top 12” though. But if Jim Harbaugh came, Carr is much better than Alex Smith or Colin Kaepernick, and he turned both of those guys into studs. 

The OL needs to be rebuilt, need a new #1 WR with Ruggs gone, and we need a good LB. This team is not far off from being very good. 

I don't think people appreciate the Carr conundrum for the problem it is. Dude is about to make 35 million a year. If you keep, history shows you're tying your hands. If you dump, then you have a massive question at QB...more so than Jax, Chicago, etc. I do believe that the best course of action is to move on from Carr and cash out, but you do have to appreciate the questionable situation that puts you in moving forward. 

Alex Smith was not a "stud". He was a highly competent game manager (under harbaugh...he did have that one awesome year under Reid) Harbaugh turned Kaep into a stud the way Nick turned Hurts into a stud. You almost can't even compare that to a "normal" QB. Not like Harbaugh is going to release a read option with CArr and have him run for 200 yards. I don't think that argument really helps. At best it's not a great comp. 

I do like the defensive front...probably need to finish more, but Yannick is a FA year after next and Crosby is in line to earn what....25 million? 

You just named off a bunch of stuff and that's really before considering the QB situation. 

Minnesota ( if Rodgers leaves)

Denver

Vegas

Miami

Jacksonville

New York

Houston

Chicago

I don't get what people see in the Bears job. Granted, I'm a biased Packers fan, but I think their roster construction is absolutely awful. All of their big money guys are either old or in decline, they have no first round pick, their OL is horrendous and their skill position players are meh at best. That defense is still living off their reputation from 3 years ago. Quinn is an every other year player and Mack is in decline. Eddie Jackson hasn't looked even close to his all pro form the last 2 years. Thats not even mentioning that whatever coach gets hired is stuck with Fields for a minimum of 2 years, who I'm not very high on. I just don't see it.

5 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Agreed.   

Having Mahomes and Herbert in the division is rough

That's another part of it. 

But just looking down the road, go back and look at the 18-20 draft classes. I mean, that scares me. They definitely landed some high quality pieces (Miller, Renfrow, Crosby) but man there are a lot of high level misses there. I mean, even if you think Jacobs is a solid running back, there's just no value there. 

I think on the surface for a year, the Raiders look great. I think 2-3 years down the line, there are concerns. 

1 minute ago, StatKing said:

Minnesota ( if Rodgers leaves)

Denver

Vegas

Miami

Jacksonville

New York

Houston

Chicago

I don't get what people see in the Bears job. Granted, I'm a biased Packers fan, but I think their roster construction is absolutely awful. All of their big money guys are either old or in decline, they have no first round pick, their OL is horrendous and their skill position players are meh at best. That defense is still living off their reputation from 3 years ago. Quinn is an every other year player and Mack is in decline. Eddie Jackson hasn't looked even close to his all pro form the last 2 years. Thats not even mentioning that whatever coach gets hired is stuck with Fields for a minimum of 2 years, who I'm not very high on. I just don't see it.

Chicago would be toward the bottom of my rankings as well. If you believe Fields is legit, I think that is the main component of the appeal, but I'm with you in that I don't love the roster construction as a whole. 

The Giants have a similar situation and I think that they (the Giants) are probably the closest to the 2017 49ers where you may see like 40 of the 53 man roster just completely turned over. They are going to have one year where like 35% of their cap is like dead money as they just start shedding vets. There's some appeal in that if you like to rebuild and it should actually give you a decent amount of job security if you can finagle a 6 year deal like Shanny / Lynch did. 

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

I don't think people appreciate the Carr conundrum for the problem it is. Dude is about to make 35 million a year. If you keep, history shows you're tying your hands. If you dump, then you have a massive question at QB...more so than Jax, Chicago, etc. I do believe that the best course of action is to move on from Carr and cash out, but you do have to appreciate the questionable situation that puts you in moving forward. 

Alex Smith was not a "stud". He was a highly competent game manager (under harbaugh...he did have that one awesome year under Reid) Harbaugh turned Kaep into a stud the way Nick turned Hurts into a stud. You almost can't even compare that to a "normal" QB. Not like Harbaugh is going to release a read option with CArr and have him run for 200 yards. I don't think that argument really helps. At best it's not a great comp. 

I do like the defensive front...probably need to finish more, but Yannick is a FA year after next and Crosby is in line to earn what....25 million? 

You just named off a bunch of stuff and that's really before considering the QB situation. 

I’m also a big fan of trading up for QB’s. Trade Carr for a 1st and 2nd and you have plenty of ammo. I hope we re-sign Yannick, dude has been a monster even if it doesn’t show up fully in the stat sheet. 

Then again, we might not even have to trade up. I love Pickett and Willis and absolutely hate Corral. Willis might be available at our spot. People always underestimate playmaking QB’s like Willis. He’s more accurate than people give him credit for. Definitely a lot more accurate than projects of the past like Lance and Love. Also better at reading defenses than Lamar was coming into the game. I love how much of a weapon he is. I’m probably the only Raider fan that would entertain ditching Carr, but I would be a super aggressive General Manager. 

Just now, BayRaider said:

I’m also a big fan of trading up for QB’s. Trade Carr for a 1st and 2nd and you have plenty of ammo. I hope we re-sign Yannick, dude has been a monster even if it doesn’t show up fully in the stat sheet. 

Then again, we might not even have to trade up. I love Pickett and Willis and absolutely hate Corral. Willis might be available at our spot. People always underestimate playmaking QB’s like Willis. He’s more accurate than people give him credit for. Definitely a lot more accurate than projects of the past like Lance and Love. Also better at reading defenses than Lamar was coming into the game. I love how much of a weapon he is. I’m probably the only Raider fan that would entertain ditching Carr, but I would be a super aggressive General Manager. 

I want nothing to do with Pickett. Reminds me of the Ryan Finley love all over again except at a slightly higher level. I think Willis would be a lot of fun to go get. Needs to work on getting rid of the ball, but I think he can create a dimension and grants him an upside that a lot of these QBs aren't going to have. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Chicago would be toward the bottom of my rankings as well. If you believe Fields is legit, I think that is the main component of the appeal, but I'm with you in that I don't love the roster construction as a whole. 

The Giants have a similar situation and I think that they (the Giants) are probably the closest to the 2017 49ers where you may see like 40 of the 53 man roster just completely turned over. They are going to have one year where like 35% of their cap is like dead money as they just start shedding vets. There's some appeal in that if you like to rebuild and it should actually give you a decent amount of job security if you can finagle a 6 year deal like Shanny / Lynch did. 

Atleast whoever goes to the Giants doesn't have to be married to Danny Dimes. I just think Ryan Pace has screwed that team up so badly its going to take a minimum of 2 years before they start winning any real amount of games and Chicago fans are absolutely brutal. The fact they let him pick another QB when he was already on the hot seat is a thing bad organizations do.

I'll give Fields the benefit of the doubt because he was a rookie but man did he look absolutely awful this year. He throws a nice ball but thats about it, he has no pocket presence, he stares down his receivers and for a guy who is supposed to have legs he sure doesn't use them a lot. While I don't think Nagy was a great coach, I think he got completely scapegoated for the lack of offensive talent he was given. 

13 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Nobody is giving a 1st round pick for Carr. Any GM that does will be out of a job in 2 years.

Suprised Minnesota isn't higher on people's list. I get the Kirk Cousins hate, but if Rodgers leaves he is by far the best QB in a weak division. That offense is absolutely loaded, and the defense has a nice mix of vets and youth. All they need to have is one good draft and I could easily see them being a 11-13 win team next year. Draft another pass rusher to pair with Hunter, grab another CB and maybe a linemen or two and that team is set.

Teams with questions at QB :  Houston,  Jacksonville, Chicago,  Denver,  NYG

Miami, Minnesota,  LV have a bit more clarity at QB.  I'm not super high on Tua, but he is probably tick below what you have in Carr and Cousins at a much cheaper price

Owners/ organization:  I want nothing to do with Houston, Jacksonville 

The rest are fairly neutral owners/organization 

Roster assets:  Houston, Jacksonville. Chicago are not attractive overall

Denver and Minnesota probably best roster with the others a bit below overall..

Minnesota and NYG have some work to do on their 2022 cap situation.

Miami and Jacksonville are in the best situation.  The other 4 (Denver, LV, Chicago, Houston) are in good spots.

Chicago has no 2022 1st while NYG has 2 top 7 picks.  

Bottom tier:  Houston, Jacksonville, Chicago

Middle tier:  LV, Denver, NYG

top tier:  Miami, Minnesota 

1 hour ago, StatKing said:

Nobody is giving a 1st round pick for Carr. Any GM that does will be out of a job in 2 years.

Carr would easily net a 1st and I’m one of the biggest Carr critics of all time. Carr is barely 30, on a very cheap contract, and can put up Top 10 QB numbers if his OL and Weapons are good. He is a lotttttt better than Carson Wentz, like A LOT better, and Wentz went for a 1st.

Stafford is better than Carr but he went for TWO 1sts. 

1 hour ago, StatKing said:

Carr is comfortably better than Carson Wentz who went for a 1st. He’s not massively different to Matthew Stafford who went for two 1sts.

If the Raiders were to trade Carr, they would easily get at least a 1st round pick for him. This is a crazy take.

Just now, Nightmare said:

Carr is comfortably better than Carson Wentz who went for a 1st. He’s not massively different to Matthew Stafford who went for two 1sts.

If the Raiders were to trade Carr, they would easily get at least a 1st round pick for him. This is a crazy take.

Wentz and Frank Reich had a history. Just because he was stupid enough to convince his GM to give up a first for Wentz doesn't mean other teams will do the same for Carr. That's not even bringing up the fact the Eagles ate a large portion of his salary and Carr is going to need a new contract. No team is going to give up a first for Carr then pay him 40 mil a year. He isn't worth that much.

Denver - A GM that thinks you should be able to crush Mahomes, Herbert, Carr and anything less then a Championship is failure. Oh and ? for a QB. No thank you

Miami-  Ownership here is the problem. No amount of good drafting, or coaching makes up for ownership that doesn't have your back. Nope

Las Vegas- Stable QB, team has talent, owner seems patient and hands off... It's a good deal except it's a tough division. Why they don't keep Rich is the question?

Minnesota- Probably the best opening tbh. Sucks that the team is cursed but hey if you cam figure out how to break it, it's a decent situation. Living in the cold probably ranks low on most peoples lists.

Chicago- How do you feel about Justin Fields?

NY Giants- Media will eat you alive and this roster is... slim.

Jacksonville- Revolving door, might appeal to some, but this seems just a horrible doomed job. You do get to try to salvage Trevor Lawerence though.

Houston- no. just no.